Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

How to manually change the local cache path (without deleting data already in it?)
 Post subject: How to manually change the local cache path (without deleting data already in it?) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Feb, 2020, 17:30 

User rating: 0
I have downloaded tickdata from dukascopy and want to access it from within the jforex api.
The only way I know how to do this would be with IClients setCacheDirectory().

The problem is that once I set the directory to my directory containing the tick data, all data was deleted. How can I prevent jforex from deleting all my downloaded dukascopy tick data? And still use it with jforex?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: How to manually change the local cache path (without deleting data already in it?) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Feb, 2020, 11:48 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello.

IClient interface:

/**
* Sets the location of the cache files. Default is <code>System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") + "/.cache"</code>
* <p> The method should get called <u>before</u> the call of {@link #connect(String, String, String)}.
* <p>WARNING: JForex might delete all folder's content if folder already existed AND was not created by this method call.
* @param cacheDirectory directory where cache files should be saved
*/
void setCacheDirectory(File cacheDirectory);

Looks like expected behavior - cache folder must be filled by JForex classes, which are really know necessary folders structure and files format.

Kind regards, Support Team.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com