Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Chart with indicator only, no instrument
 Post subject: Chart with indicator only, no instrument Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 17 Sep, 2016, 23:19 

User rating: 0
How can I have a chart display a synthetic instrument I develop [or IIndicator] not as an overlay or sub-panel, with nothing else [e.g. no EUR/USD, USD/JPY etc.] on the chart?
Can this be used with ITester?

And another question, regarding dollar index and/or other synthetic instruments:
Is com.dukascopy.api.feed [i.e. Interface IFeedDescriptor etc.] only for Dukascopy's predefined instruments, or can I use it to define my own - using indicators or any other way?

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Chart with indicator only, no instrument Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Sep, 2016, 13:14 

User rating:
One option would be to add new bottom tab as described hede: https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Extendi ... _Interface
Another option is to use standard java swing methods to create separate chart window.

Post subject: Re: Chart with indicator only, no instrument Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Sep, 2016, 18:44 

User rating: 0
Thank you for your answer.
Note however, that I do want to use IChart, as I need to see it moving along as I am backtesting [using ITester].
What I have done now is added my custom indicator to a chart, and changed the vertical axis using
.setVerticalAxisScale

This works well, except that the scaling would be much better automatically. How would I find the displayed min and max of the indicator? I have implemented interface IMinMax but I am not sure I understand how to use it.

Thank you again!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com