Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Question on local history cache
 Post subject: Question on local history cache Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Aug, 2016, 02:19 

User rating: 0
I use third-party software to download history data (.bi5) in the hope of speed up the testing process. I did not put them in the same folder with Jforex's folder but in C:\temp. However, i discovered that when i run history tester using Netbeans, it will delete all the data i downloaded and download again, which defeats my purpose.

I tried to comment out Future<?> future = client.downloadData(null); and future.get(); these two lines, and the tester stops deleting my cahe. But, it is now stuck forever at "getting prices before start price".

I went into the cache folder and discovered that tester is writing a bi5.lck file for every bi5 file in there, when it finished the process, nothing happens though.

May i know what's wrong? or the system prohibits the use of cache downloaded via third-party software?

Post subject: Re: Question on local history cache Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Aug, 2016, 10:19 

User rating:
If version.txt and pr_version.txt files are not present, the cache directories will get deleted. So it could help to add the external cache data into the existing cache folder.

Post subject: Re: Question on local history cache Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 22 Aug, 2016, 07:45 

thanks for the reply... i tried to open version.txt and pr_version.txt, inside is only a number "5" written. Did you mean that i have to copy these two files from JForex's .Cache folder to my c:\temp in order for the tester to read the historical cache there?

Post subject: Re: Question on local history cache Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 23 Aug, 2016, 12:15 

i included that two text files in my folder...but the tester is stuck at "Getting prices before start time"....

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com