Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

[URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux
 Post subject: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Mar, 2015, 09:18 

User rating: 0
Hi
I'm trying to setup a Linux server for dev.

I've a Win7 machine working, when I try to setup a Linux env (RedHat or Ubuntu) with Eclipse Kepler or Luna and your Maven prj feb-2015
I receive the attached error.

Pls, help me to understand.

In general do you guarantee full support on Linux? Or I'm wasting time and is better to concentrate (oddly) on win?

Thanks

Attachments:
Schermata da 2015-03-03 09_10_09.png [194.64 KiB]
Downloaded 292 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 04 Mar, 2015, 21:43 

User rating: 164
Hi,

I am developing on linux (OpenSuse) since 2013. Never had such issue.
If I am not mistaken in the past the SDK was not a maven project, but that is not important for this case.
I used Kepler and now Luna, no problems to import the project...

About linux support:
there is no written official statement about supporting/not supporting it. There are some (?) entries in the bug list section about linux, so you can make your own conclusion :).
developing under linux is not a problem. The platform itself has problems here and there under linux, but maybe this is java related...

Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Mar, 2015, 17:40 

Many thanks for your reply.

My issue is that same steps working in Win, not in Linux.

The error reported doesn't help me to find the cause...

Hope to have some hints from support team

Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Mar, 2015, 23:32 

Hi,
maybe you should try different java version or even different distro (I have seen some weird issues in regards to linux distro and computer incompatibility, not with Jforex though but in general). I have Crunchbang and everything is fine, and before on Ubuntu everything was fine as well (editor I use IntellijIDEA).

Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 06 Mar, 2015, 08:41 

thanks... can you provide me hints on how you configured your Workspace (both in IDEA or Eclipse) and which java version are you using?
for what I understand you're not using the maven stuff...
I agree: probably the java version can be the killer...

Thanks

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 06 Mar, 2015, 15:52 

I am using Oracle JDK 1.8.0_31 , I believe there is a newer version available and I think its safe to use it https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
As for setting up the JDK, check out this page https://tutorialforlinux.com/2014/04/15/how-to-install-oracle-jdk-8-on-crunchbang-linux-32-64bit-easy-guide/
Regarding Intellij IDEA, you just have to install it, the default settings are ok as far as I remeber - first time when you will launch IDEA, you will have options to choose what plugins, frameworks etc to use, I think Maven is included by default. You also have to provide the JDK you want to use (if you have more then one java version, choose the correct one, which you have selected from previous link I gave, mine looks like this /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_31).
When you have set up the editor, simply download JForex-SDK, extract it where you want, I recommend in IdeaProjects folder, just to keep everything tidy. Then in IDEA go for File - Import Project and find the .pom file in the JForex-SDK folder and import it, that should be it.
Just for information I chose Oracle over openjdk, because with openjdk to start the JForex platform you need IcedTea webstart plugin, and I have had issues with it in the past. It does work of course, but from my experience Oracle is always been less of a hassle.

Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Mar, 2015, 09:03 

madbenjies wrote:
I am using Oracle JDK 1.8.0_31 , I believe there is a newer version available and I think its safe to use it https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
As for setting up the JDK, check out this page https://tutorialforlinux.com/2014/04/15/how-to-install-oracle-jdk-8-on-crunchbang-linux-32-64bit-easy-guide/
Regarding Intellij IDEA, you just have to install it, the default settings are ok as far as I remeber - first time when you will launch IDEA, you will have options to choose what plugins, frameworks etc to use, I think Maven is included by default. You also have to provide the JDK you want to use (if you have more then one java version, choose the correct one, which you have selected from previous link I gave, mine looks like this /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_31).
When you have set up the editor, simply download JForex-SDK, extract it where you want, I recommend in IdeaProjects folder, just to keep everything tidy. Then in IDEA go for File - Import Project and find the .pom file in the JForex-SDK folder and import it, that should be it.
Just for information I chose Oracle over openjdk, because with openjdk to start the JForex platform you need IcedTea webstart plugin, and I have had issues with it in the past. It does work of course, but from my experience Oracle is always been less of a hassle.

Many thanks for your help.
I'll try when enough time to spend on this.
I think what I'd is not so different.... I need to start from a scratch install...

Post subject: Re: [URGENT] Error importing Maven prj on Linux Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Mar, 2015, 09:05 

Interesting: CrunchBang Linux is died 6 feb 2015

;-)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com