Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Short EURUSD, GBPUSD, Long USDCHF when USDX retrce to [98.62,98.74]
 Post subject: Short EURUSD, GBPUSD, Long USDCHF when USDX retrce to [98.62,98.74] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Apr, 2017, 09:14 

User rating: 0
USDX is very near the daily support line. And From M5 point of view, there seems to be strong buy to break the long-term MAs. I think it is time to wait USDX retrace to [98.62,98.74] region, and short EURUSD, GBPUSD and long USDCHF.

USDJPY and USDCAD are not good targets to long USD at this time, because JPY is oversold, and Oil price is uncertain.

My suggestion:
Sell GBPUSD at 1.2828
Sell EURUSD at 1.0930
Buy USDCHF at 0.9937

stop loss can be set to 30 points, and close positions when osma(12, 26, 9) shows divergence.

Attachments:
Buy_USDX98.74~98.62.jpg [870.81 KiB]
Downloaded 1516 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Short EURUSD, GBPUSD, Long USDCHF when USDX retrce to [98.62,98.74] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 Nov, 2017, 05:14 

User rating: 0
The euro was under pressure from the off due to the fact that German chancellor Angela Merkel has failed to reach an agreement with other parties to form a coalition government.

After a drop to 1.1722 (-73 pips), the euro hit a new intraday high of 1.1809. There were no fundamental factors behind this jump, so the price had returned to 1.1728 by the session’s close.

The dollar was given a boost by a rise in US bond yields. Mario Draghi then added to pressure on the euro. He didn’t mention monetary policy in his speech, but he did talk about low inflation.
Yesterday’s rebound was unexpected. The price made it to the 67th degree in a couple of hours. The euro’s dropped gathered pace as the price corrected downwards from 1.1809 and broke the LB balance line down. Still, from the intraday high, the price fell by the same 67 degrees. In the end, this turned out to be a false breakout of the A-A channel.

Market participants continue to watch the situation in Germany closely. German president Frank-Walter Steinmeier has called on the parties to try and reach a compromise. So long as there is uncertainty in Germany, I fear that on Tuesday, the euro is going to drop to the 112th degree at 1.1674. I’m expecting the drop to begin from 1.1755 (22 degrees). The quicker the price reaches 1.17, the higher the probability of my forecast working out. This will all fail if the hour closes above the LB balance line, although the price could repeat yesterday’s movements.

Trader activity will begin to subside towards the end of the week. The US will celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday and markets will close early on Friday. Janet Yellen is set to speak on Wednesday night shortly after the publication of the minutes of the FOMC’s latest meeting.Source: https://alpari.com/en/analytics/reviews ... _21112017/

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com