Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to get an forex edge: PRICEACTION + VOLATILITY
 Post subject: How to get an forex edge: PRICEACTION + VOLATILITY Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 16 Jan, 2016, 23:12 

User rating: 0
Hi there, I am wondering when Dukascopy forum is too calm despite the number of user? Too bad!

This is my first post. I am practicing binary options since 2013 and tested tons of method. I jumped from indicators to indicators, from indicators to Price action, from PA to indicators again, lol all possible combinations.

At the end of the day I've found that 'traders' tend to ignore what matter the most in the market: VOLATILITY.

No matter how effective your method is, if you ignore market volatility you won't make it. Trend trading strategies will work at time of high volatility and range trading will be effective during low volatility time.

Try to trend trade the EURUSD during Asian session for example you will lose your money. Try to range trade during UK open and you will also lose your money.
You must know what your system is about: a range trading method or a trend trading approach.

So my methods:
1-Trend trading during time of expected great volatility: UK,US,FRANCFURT SESSION OPENS and after high or medium impact news release
2-Range trading during late US to Tokyo open. (I've got the best performance here).

I tremendously reduced my screen time once I start using volatility and time filter. So it's really boring not to trade most of the time of the day(I really want to trade non stop :( ). I decided to screen record my trades to fill the gap by editing and publishing after.
Then I realised that by editing the videos I am also reviewing my entries :D , seeing where I could have done better etc. That's great.
I recommend.

Below is the screen of my last range trading during the late US session(low volatility). Thu 14 jan 2016
I trade binary options with dukascopy

Post subject: Re: How to get an forex edge: PRICEACTION + VOLATILITY Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Jan, 2016, 01:33 

Here is my last range trading session last friday trading the late US session. I've have a single opportunity with the cable.
https://imgur.com/BIvlM8m

Post subject: Re: How to get an forex edge: PRICEACTION + VOLATILITY Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Jan, 2016, 22:41 

The morning was boring with useless EU news. I took 1 OTM with the EURO.

The late US range is sweet (it have to be) with clear levels and no difficulties, no stalls. 3ITM 1OTM.
https://imgur.com/YqlkFhP
I quickly reviewed my EURO range trading datas and I've discovered the EURUSD is the most loosy pair since week 4 of november 2015. It's hilarious, back in 2014 my W% with the EURO was around 90%. Maybe I am going to pause the EURUSD for ranges.

Post subject: Re: How to get an forex edge: PRICEACTION + VOLATILITY Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Apr, 2016, 16:24 

FreshForex — fresh view on money
Are you looking for the broker you can easy and comfortable work with? Your chase is over!

FreshForex is a reliable broker for your profitable trading. These are not just words — get the proof!
For 11 years we've been helping each trader to trade in Forex market
10 minutes for withdrawal of your funds in our company
102 trading instruments for getting profit including currency pairs and contracts for difference
0% commission on deposit and withdrawal
15 most popular payment methods
0,05 seconds — the promptest execution of trades
101% is our bonus for the first deposit
$0 — no minimal deposit even for ECN-account
0 pips are the swops on Sawp Free accounts for long-termed trade
$10 — you can return for losing trades
$20 from each lot — you won't find a better offer on partnership program
24/5 — our client support is at your service
We always have something to offer our clients: promotions, bonuses and contests with real prizes. Watch all the information you are interested in on our web site.
Do not doubt your choice – open an account in FreshForexcompany and these digits will start working for you.
Welcome to freshforex.com!

(URL: https://freshforex.com/?aff=35842)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com