Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Suggestion(s) for FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS Analytical Contest.
 Post subject: Suggestion(s) for FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS Analytical Contest. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 27 Dec, 2015, 10:47 

User rating: 0
When I first joined this contest, one of the things I noticed immediately is that the contestant who got the most numbers of correct prediction does not necessarily win the contest because it depends on two other factors, namely:

1) The numbers of "like" votes from Dukas community members
2) Points given by Contest Moderator(s) for comments on his/her prediction.

While number 2) has merits and is indeed justifiable, I think number 1) should be discontinued because, quite frankly, I feel very silly giving "like" to other contestants who gave absolutely no reason(s) for picking their choice of "Bullish" or "Bearish" of currency pair for that economic event/news releases. However, if I do not give "like" to fellow contestants, I don't receive very many "[b]like/b]" either which jeopardizes my chances of winning the contest even though I have scored more correct predictions than other contestants.

Another item to consider for the contest is to extend the time frame from 10 minutes to perhaps 15 or even 20 minutes for each economic news releases. This is because, most times, after an economic news releases, market would move in the correct direction according to released data/figure, but will also retrace somewhat for some minutes before going back to the direction it should be going.

The above are my thoughts and suggestions to make the contest a little better and, yes, even encouragement for Traders who took the time and made the effort to analyse the market and posting their predictions on the Fundamental Contest.

Happy New Year 2016 to one and all :D

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com