Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Can we use MT4 for the Trader competition?
 Post subject: Can we use MT4 for the Trader competition? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Mar, 2013, 03:00 

User rating: 0
I've been having trouble adjusting to the Jforex/Webtrader platform. It is really buggy, takes a long time to load if and when it does. I thought I read somewhere that you can Download the MT4 platform for the competition. Is this possible, and if not, could you guys please consider making it an option for the contest.

Regards, Anomilus, from the USA.

Post subject: Re: Can we use MT4 for the Trader competition? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Mar, 2013, 11:47 

https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... ex_bridge/

Post subject: Re: Can we use MT4 for the Trader competition? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 21:23 

AlexTrader wrote:
https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/third-party-solutions/mt4-jforex_bridge/

Hi,
Thanks for you sharing, but as far as I can interpret about its use, it needs the jforex program running too.
That is, you should start the normal jforex terminal and then open the MT4 terminal.
Is that right?

Best regards

Post subject: Re: Can we use MT4 for the Trader competition? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 May, 2013, 21:38 

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for you sharing, but as far as I can interpret about its use, it needs the jforex program running too.
That is, you should start the normal jforex terminal and then open the MT4 terminal.
Is that right?

Best regards

I currently use the MT4 ForexClient Bridge in my live account. Works like a charm.

Its right that if you want to use it, you ll need jforex running and connect it through the MT4 Logfiles (latest).

However the Bridge wont work with the demo contest platform since it operates as strategy. Afaik all strategies are blocked in the trader contest platform.

Regards

Post subject: Re: Can we use MT4 for the Trader competition? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 23 May, 2013, 16:10 

RTFM, guys. In Trader Contest Rules there is direct message that only special contest version of jForex is applicable for contest trading.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com