Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Complaints and feedback
 Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 May, 2012, 07:09 

User rating: 0
Good day. Explain me please , why 5 my posions were closed from friday on monday ? May be I missed something in rules?

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 May, 2012, 09:34 

User rating: 2
Sergibtrader wrote:
Good day. Explain me please , why 5 my posions were closed from friday on monday ? May be I missed something in rules?

Hi,

There is a rule regarding Leverage over weekend - I think weekend leverage needs to be: 1:30. If not, positions are closed.

Found the relevant rule:

All contest trading accounts are subject to the same margin requirements and policies as regular demo accounts. This includes the application of end-of-week leverage (1:30) each Friday, at 18:00 GMT.

No. 13 in trading rules.

Don't know if it applies to your case or not.

Regards

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 May, 2012, 11:06 

technical_dream wrote:
Sergibtrader wrote:

Hi,

There is a rule regarding Leverage over weekend - I think weekend leverage needs to be: 1:30. If not, positions are closed.

Found the relevant rule:

All contest trading accounts are subject to the same margin requirements and policies as regular demo accounts. This includes the application of end-of-week leverage (1:30) each Friday, at 18:00 GMT.

No. 13 in trading rules.

Don't know if it applies to your case or not.

Regards

May be its such case

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012, 12:23 

User rating: 1
All currency pairs became non-trade able for 15-20 min. Reconnection and re-log was not fixing. No problems with internet.
Please advise on reasons and solutions.

Outcome: broken period lacks trades in charts.

PS. suppose this is right place , where the post will be not deleted.

Post subject: Stop loss never reached Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 17 Sep, 2012, 23:53 

Hello,

I hope this is the right place for this... hope you can help me.

Today I opened a position on USD/PLN, and few hours later i stopped out with 173.6 losed pips.
The strange thing is that the price never reached the stop, it was very far from it, and my use of leverage was very low.

Enclose you can find my chart screenshot.

Please, could you verify? this can be very important for my restult.

thanks

Sergio

Attachments:
2.jpg [284.52 KiB]
Downloaded 1775 times
1.jpg [323.67 KiB]
Downloaded 1745 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Oct, 2012, 18:36 

hi just created trade and my position quickly penetrated through my tp however from some reason the position was not closed further more i have now gained a loss for no real reason. is possible if some1 can change this because I find this unfair. :evil: :evil:

any advice would be appreciated :evil:

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012, 03:38 

User rating: 94
Sergio:

That happens because of a greater spread... you are short, you sl is triggered by ask price by default unless you change that on order creation. There is a article writted by SpecialFX that addresses this problem, if you want to know more about.

I hope that answers your concerns.

Best regards

JL

Post subject: not work properly rating traders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Oct, 2012, 18:39 

Good day!
Please: you will be examined: the balance in the ranking does not correspond to the actual competitive balance on my account.
(it is not related to the update intervals:https://www.dukascopy.com/tradercontest/?action=allContestStandings)
With best wishes,
Grizzly.

Attachments:
File comment: not work properly rating traders
balance.JPG [276.18 KiB]
Downloaded 1784 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: not work properly rating traders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Oct, 2012, 06:52 

Grizzly wrote:
Good day!
Please: you will be examined: the balance in the ranking does not correspond to the actual competitive balance on my account.
(it is not related to the update intervals:https://www.dukascopy.com/tradercontest/?action=allContestStandings)
With best wishes,
Grizzly.

I am having exactly the same problem since Thursday. Not a big difference but there is. Balance in traders contest standings is lower than it is on contest platform.

Post subject: Re: not work properly rating traders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Oct, 2012, 10:23 

Armands wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Good day!
With best wishes,
Grizzly.

I am having exactly the same problem since Thursday. Not a big difference but there is. Balance in traders contest standings is lower than it is on contest platform.

Interestingly, it is known to support :?:

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Nov, 2012, 02:24 

Hello Dukascopy support, at the end of october contest, trader tow and me ended among top ten traders of the month and with same amount of points (190) but tow ended in 6th place and me in 7th place. Looking at the trading rules i found that "At equal quantity of points, the preference will be given to the trader having the best rank in a nomination Trader's popularity", and noticing that im 38 and tow is 42, i shouldnt be in 6th place?.

Kind Regards
Inka trader

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Nov, 2012, 14:34 

a small suggestion:

there should be a disconnect button on jforex platform.

There is a reconnect button, however having a disconnect button can help save a lot of effort:

it can help to just minimize the platform in a disconnected state instead of having to launch the jforex platform again [at times it required java cache cleaning/uninstalling before the platform could be launched.]

and it can also save bandwidth.

hope it helps.

thanks.

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Dec, 2012, 08:43 

Hello Explain me please this:

minamina created an order: Fundamentals and News
yesterday at 21:51 GMT
P/L: -17 pips
sell
SELL 5.000M NZD/USD @ 0.84150, SL 0.84309 (16 pips),TP 0.83758 (39 pips) ?

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 31 Dec, 2012, 12:05 

Hey,

I have a minor suggestion for a change of rules:

Raise the minimum number of trades needed to get Dukascopy points from 10 to 20. The current rule of 10 trades enforces/rewards an inactive (if not paralyzed) behavior in the trader if he/she is successful in the first 10 or so trades. With 10 perfect trades (5x2) you can stop for the month and still get a very high ranking.

I would like to see some more activity in the top ranked traders which would also more closely simulate real trading conditions.

This should not be understood as critique of any trader nor of the above described tactic. The way the rules are now will steer any trader who get 10 perfect trades (including myself) into an inactive state.

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Jan, 2013, 23:06 

User rating: 3
I tried to post this in my December blog, but it goes to the January one, which is not what I want, so I'll just do it here.

I'm glad December's competition is over and I don't have to deal with childish insults anymore. I've waited until the end of the contest to say something, so I would not create even more controversy and get its benefits (via popularity). I'm gonna take the opportunity to say a few things. First, I will just quote some of the RULES of the contest.

Key Limitations
"Use of offensive or abusive language may cause disqualification from Dukascopy Forex Community and Contest"

Harassment or threats
"Any materials containing (...) insults, threats or any other offensive remarks will be deleted."
The insults and offensive remarks are online, I don't need to list them. I even got invited to meet said person to "have a chat"...You can interpret that the way you want.

Trolling
"a troll is someone who posts inflammatory (...) messages in an online community, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response". "The trolls will be disqualified from the contest and/or blocked temporarily or permanently."
Everyone who read the comments quickly realised what its real purpose was. If someone thinks another trader is cheating they just need to alert Dukascopy. Posting such inflammatory messages had a completely different trolling objective, and he was very successful.

Senseless comments
"Publication of senseless comments (...) that are only intended to promote participant's profile (...) is not tolerated".
I'd like to know if posting "happy new year +1", in the same day, in a dozen of different orders of a "comrade's" blog is senseless or not...maybe that is considered an insightful comment, who knows...

Meaningful explanations for the orders you submit
"If we find participants with comments like "buy", "sell", "pp", "s1" etc in the top10, we will use our right to add extra points to other participants to shift them up."
If "buy" and "sell" are bad, then I wonder just how bad simply posting ":)" on most orders is...Great explanation that one, thumbs up!

One last word, and this is mainly for Dukascopy, if this type of backstabbing insults and mindless accusations happen again with someone else (especially if said person is himself breaking a ton of rules), I'm not gonna be so polite in my response as I've been so far. I'm *NOT* the kind of person to tolerate such behavior.

And a big "thank you" to all the good people in the community, who quickly understood what was going on and sent me private messages, replied to the inflammatory comments, etc. Way too many of you to mention, but you know who you are! Happy New Year! :)

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Jan, 2013, 10:20 

SpecialFX not be so Diseases perceive others' comments. There are rules set in the popularity contest, and each of the right to use them for a set of points.
In any case, Dukascopy provides competition for traders without capital, better conditions in the Forex industry.
Good luck in the new year! and increase the prize!

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013, 19:25 

my drawdown showing under heading of dukascopy stat is more than double of my actual drawdown ...dukascopy support plz help

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Jan, 2013, 17:33 

Hi,

I am right now trying to enter a bunch of trades, but when I try to send them nothing happens, no explanation why it is not accepted.

Post subject: Re: Complaints and feedback Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Jan, 2013, 19:59 

Hi Contest Supports, I like to know why I receive zero Dukascopy evaluation factor? tks...

Post subject: Strange margin call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 19 Jan, 2013, 19:45 

I’m working on a demo account in the Trader contest.

I’ve been trapped in a position for several days EUR/USD, one million unite, and my equity at the position opening time was about 21000 USD. At sometimes the loss was more than 11000 USD and no margin calls occurred.

Suddenly when the loss was about 6000 USD margin call occurred and my equity is now around 14000 USD.

This is the second time this sudden margin call occurs to me. So I’d like to know if I violated any of the contest rules.

Thanks.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com