Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

RANKING ????
 Post subject: RANKING ???? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 23 Apr, 2011, 00:46 

User rating: -
I do not understand why "popularity" can put some trader with -100 pips in front of someone with + 100 or +200 etc ! It doesn't look right to me at all ! what is the point of it ? and then traders goes to others traders, make comments (copy & paste mostly), with fake +1 EVEN ! just little silly and not right at all (according to me)!
The performance should decide who is #1 etc., NOT POPULARITY ! and there are traders which gain lots of pips but with small profit (because they are not sure in their judgments ) and they are again sinless in front of traders with bigger profit (and risk)! In real trading (and real world) they wouldn't be able to earn for bread and water even ! But they are here in front of the traders who are really good traders, what is just funny ! So I please Dukascopy to think over this !

And there is a question of SL/TP etc.
It is GREAT NEWS that Dukascopy has decided to add possibility to move SL, BUT it would be GREAT 2 if they let us possibility to ADD ON WINNING POSITION ,AS REAL PRO DOES!
Real Pros add huge and step hard on winning position and we are not able to ???????????????? AND WHY NOT ?????? Shouldn't we try (and learn) to trade like Pros ? Isn't that the meaning of DEMO CONTEST, to learn to trade and to trade better ???

why we can not open another position in the same direction (it is not hedging, and what is wrong with hedging at all ?)

kind regards
debbie

ps/ please Dukascopy (and other traders) to think about my suggestions here and
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL ! :D

Post subject: Re: RANKING ???? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Apr, 2011, 07:41 

User rating: 8
debs11 wrote:
I do not understand why "popularity" can put some trader with -100 pips in front of someone with + 100 or +200 etc ! It doesn't look right to me at all ! what is the point of it ? and then traders goes to others traders, make comments (copy & paste mostly), with fake +1 EVEN ! just little silly and not right at all (according to me)!
The performance should decide who is #1 etc., NOT POPULARITY ! and there are traders which gain lots of pips but with small profit (because they are not sure in their judgments ) and they are again sinless in front of traders with bigger profit (and risk)! In real trading (and real world) they wouldn't be able to earn for bread and water even ! But they are here in front of the traders who are really good traders, what is just funny ! So I please Dukascopy to think over this !

And there is a question of SL/TP etc.
It is GREAT NEWS that Dukascopy has decided to add possibility to move SL, BUT it would be GREAT 2 if they let us possibility to ADD ON WINNING POSITION ,AS REAL PRO DOES!
Real Pros add huge and step hard on winning position and we are not able to ???????????????? AND WHY NOT ?????? Shouldn't we try (and learn) to trade like Pros ? Isn't that the meaning of DEMO CONTEST, to learn to trade and to trade better ???

why we can not open another position in the same direction (it is not hedging, and what is wrong with hedging at all ?)

kind regards
debbie

ps/ please Dukascopy (and other traders) to think about my suggestions here and
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL ! :D

Please browse the forum. Our position concerning the popularity rank has already been discussed and presented numerously.
We have as well told that in future we admit changes in rules and score weightings. However, by the present moment there are no such plans.

Post subject: Re: RANKING ???? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Apr, 2011, 13:46 

Keep in mind, that you are using their software and data (both are expensive) to practice / learn trading. Popularity is a way for us 'the non paying clients' to advertise for them and drum up some business. I hope it works or this comp will not be around for too long.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Post subject: Re: RANKING ???? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011, 16:37 

Personally I have nothing against the 'social' element in the ranking. From my past years experience, trading is a lonely business and communication with fellow traders was and always will be an edge for me.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com