Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Suggestions for contest
 Post subject: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Mar, 2011, 19:56 

User rating: -
For next month, I would suggest to reduce popularity ranking and establish, win/loss ratio, avg winning amount - pips / trade, avg losing amount - pips / trade, portfolio min/max drawdown and substitute TP/SL ratio by actual closing of position instead of order target! At least provide these statistics for each trader to improove / track ourselves.

You should also consider the possibility of order changing

Eitherway, we are grateful to you Dukascopy for providing us this great contest!

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Mar, 2011, 09:22 

User rating: 8
i_trader wrote:
For next month, I would suggest to reduce popularity ranking and establish, win/loss ratio, avg winning amount - pips / trade, avg losing amount - pips / trade, portfolio min/max drawdown and substitute TP/SL ratio by actual closing of position instead of order target! At least provide these statistics for each trader to improove / track ourselves.

Eitherway, we are grateful to you Dukascopy for providing us this great contest!

You predicted our plans almost 100% correctly. :)

In April we will extend the range of available statistics and will modify the logic of the SL/TP ratio calculation.

1. Average pips gain on positive positions
2. Average pips lost on negative positions
3. Average pips outcome from all trades
4. Win/Loss ratio - Positive vs. Negative positions - in form of scale that is already used in statistics currently
5. Risk/Reward will be calculated ONLY on the basis of the trades that were actually closed by the TP/SL set initially.

Also, provisionally in April we plan to allow editing SLs in the direction of the trade.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Mar, 2011, 20:30 

Glad to hear that! Thank you!

I am almost 100% covered! :)

Would you please also consider possibility of target (Limit Order) change, besides manual trailing stop? (stop loss change in the direction of trade).

Thanks anyway.

Keep the Excellent Job!

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Mar, 2011, 10:14 

Contest Support wrote:
i_trader wrote:

You predicted our plans almost 100% correctly. :)

In April we will extend the range of available statistics and will modify the logic of the SL/TP ratio calculation.

1. Average pips gain on positive positions
2. Average pips lost on negative positions
3. Average pips outcome from all trades
4. Win/Loss ratio - Positive vs. Negative positions - in form of scale that is already used in statistics currently
5. Risk/Reward will be calculated ONLY on the basis of the trades that were actually closed by the TP/SL set initially.

Also, provisionally in April we plan to allow editing SLs in the direction of the trade.

I think you must explain more detail this rules improvement. We must know it before the contest is started. Can you give us an example (calculation process) ??
Thanks, dear regards.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 02 Apr, 2011, 18:49 

i_trader wrote:

I agree with i_trader . I find popularity ranking not quite fair , would suggest to change the "Evaluation structure" as follows :
Performance 30% - the total points would be 120 instead of 100(this would give points to more contestants with positive performance )
Pips Expert 30% - the total points would be 120 instead of 100(this would give points to more contestants with positive points )
Popularity 10% - the total points would be 40 instead of 100 (only 40 contestants would get points )
Dukascopy 30% - the total points would be 120 instead of 100 (this would give points to more contestants )
Overall 100% - the sum of total points gained

The reason I would suggest these changes is because I see traders with a higher performance/points on a worst standing than the ones with a higher popularity ranking (please see FEB contest standings ) . Some focus on getting more popularity than to trade , and have different strategies like "copy" and "paste" comments ( good luck , nice trade , all the best ... )to hundreds of contestants with lower/negative balances , knowing the fact that they have no chances to get any closer to them , in order to get their comments/votes back . There are some who really discuss the trades and their opinions , but not enough to consider the popularity ranking " fair " . I apologize if this may hurt some contestants feelings , but a contest should be held as fair as possible to consider someone " The best trader of the month "

This is my opinion and how I see things . Thank you Dukascopy !

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 06 Apr, 2011, 09:44 

User rating: 8
DayTradingFx wrote:
i_trader wrote:

I agree with i_trader . I find popularity ranking not quite fair , would suggest to change the "Evaluation structure" as follows :
Performance 30% - the total points would be 120 instead of 100(this would give points to more contestants with positive performance )
Pips Expert 30% - the total points would be 120 instead of 100(this would give points to more contestants with positive points )
Popularity 10% - the total points would be 40 instead of 100 (only 40 contestants would get points )
Dukascopy 30% - the total points would be 120 instead of 100 (this would give points to more contestants )

The reason I would suggest these changes is because I see traders with a higher performance/points on a worst standing than the ones with a higher popularity ranking (please see FEB contest standings ) . Some focus on getting more popularity than to trade , and have different strategies like "copy" and "paste" comments ( good luck , nice trade , all the best ... )to hundreds of contestants with lower/negative balances , knowing the fact that they have no chances to get any closer to them , in order to get their comments/votes back . There are some who really discuss the trades and their opinions , but not enough to consider the popularity ranking " fair " . I apologize if this may hurt some contestants feelings , but a contest should be held as fair as possible to consider someone " The best trader of the month "

Thank you for the proposal.
We admit that in future changes in the evaluation scheme and the weights attributed to every category may indeed undergo modifications.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Apr, 2011, 20:09 

Contest Support wrote:
DayTradingFx wrote:
i_trader wrote:

Thank you for the proposal.
We admit that in future changes in the evaluation scheme and the weights attributed to every category may indeed undergo modifications.

I agree with your proposal ....the real results and pips should have the BIGGEST WEIGHT !

cheers

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Apr, 2011, 20:52 

Dear Support Team ,

Beside the suggestions made so far for " Trader Contest " I would like to make a new proposal . Dukascopy currently has great contests , unfortunately for some traders something is missing . And this is a contest for LIVE accounts . Anyone with a Live account willing to take part , should be able to do so after they opt in , and the results should be calculated as for the most % return for the entire month .

Please let us know , if this is possible .

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Apr, 2011, 21:32 

I think that money management is important. Some traders have a great balance, but they expose their accounts to high drawdowns, returns might be filtered by sharpe ratio or any similar stuff. Position management is important too. Current rules doesn´t allow trailing stop, neither partial take profits.

popularity is quite subjective, isn´t it?

cheers

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com