Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Sclaping
 Post subject: Sclaping Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 00:05 

User rating: -
Good evening,

Let me begin this month by the sclaping. However, my strategy does not allow me to take my time to write a comment for each trade. Would I be penalized if for each trade, I notice the same comment?

Sorry for my English.

Good evening

Post subject: Re: Sclaping Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 12:17 

User rating: 8
Kalila wrote:
Good evening,

Let me begin this month by the sclaping. However, my strategy does not allow me to take my time to write a comment for each trade. Would I be penalized if for each trade, I notice the same comment?

Sorry for my English.

Good evening

Yes, writing senseless comments is not tolerated. Although it is possible to do that technically, you should understand that there is no chance to get any bonus points from Dukascopy during the final evaluation.

The purpose of the contest is the competition of forecasts. At that, we expect those forecasts to be analytically grounded and justified. A trader that merely trades without any explanations is definitely not the profile that is expected to end up on a winning position.
Besides, comments to trades is what actually makes your blog interesting to follow for other participants. Ultimately, it directly affects your popularity.

Post subject: Re: Scalping Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 15:58 

User rating: -
Dear Contest Support,
I love this contest and I am always amased by the improvements which appear every week. I can see there is hard work behind this contest.
My question is as follows:
I know my comments on trades which are like this one: "Oversold condition in fast timeframe. The price action indicates upward momentum" and they are always the same. This is how I trade and forecast. That would give a me a low score on comments but can I still receive Dukascopy points on the other elements...like risk/reward, share of ST/TL closed trades? Because as it is said it means that comments are just 20% from Dukascopy score points.

I also I would like to propose an idea to improve the contest futher more. On every profile page could be statistics on trades on some custom timeframe, like average winner, average loser, biggest loser, biggest winner, winning trades etc. , similar to the statistics we can find on detailed history statements from metatrader platform. It could improve the trading style on some people.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Post subject: Re: Scalping Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Feb, 2011, 10:10 

User rating: 8
OneGoodTrade wrote:
Dear Contest Support,
I love this contest and I am always amased by the improvements which appear every week. I can see there is hard work behind this contest.
My question is as follows:
I know my comments on trades which are like this one: "Oversold condition in fast timeframe. The price action indicates upward momentum" and they are always the same. This is how I trade and forecast. That would give a me a low score on comments but can I still receive Dukascopy points on the other elements...like risk/reward, share of ST/TL closed trades? Because as it is said it means that comments are just 20% from Dukascopy score points.

I also I would like to propose an idea to improve the contest futher more. On every profile page could be statistics on trades on some custom timeframe, like average winner, average loser, biggest loser, biggest winner, winning trades etc. , similar to the statistics we can find on detailed history statements from metatrader platform. It could improve the trading style on some people.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Thank you for the appreciation of the contest's development.

You are right in respect of comments. They do not affect other 3 categories of Dukascopy evaluation. You may still fully exploit the opportunities to collect points for a good performance of the 3 statistical factors of the Dukascopy evaluation. However, in the conditions of fierce competition in the top-10, where every point may become definitive, bonus points for comments may really turn into a very good support. Results of the 1st two contest months are a perfect proof.

As refers to the improvement proposals. We will take those into consideration. In fact, many of them already coincide with some of our development plans.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com