Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

quality of risk managament
 Post subject: quality of risk managament Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Feb, 2011, 09:43 

User rating: -
hi DUKASCOPY team,

i have a question regarding the evaluation of risk management. i am not sure, if the average order size or the simple R size is telling so much about risk awarness of a trader. is it possible to display or at least take in regard the procentual loss in every order compared to total balance depending on the SL to measure a qualified risk management on a particular trade and then calculate the average risk of all trades?

i understand that this would use some calcualtion power on the server making this for every single trade and trader but it surely would be more accurate.

will we have something like that one day?

a defensive low risk trader risks perhaps 0.5 to max. 2% of his balance in one trade. this absolute number is defined through the size of the SL and the balance in that particular trade. an average order size in comparison to the total balance is somehow inacurate.

aggressive traders risk 3% to 5%.

maniacs 10% or more.

thanx 4 your support and the great work you are providing with this platform. i am not only talking about the contest. i simply love the JFOREX platform.

it is so easy to use and so quick and it works flawless on ma MAC!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much.

best rgeards

skytrader

Post subject: Re: quality of risk managament Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011, 20:08 

User rating: -
do you have any software that does this calculation for you, skytrader?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com