Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

I have a objection about popularity points
 Post subject: I have a objection about popularity points Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Jan, 2011, 23:32 

User rating: -
As I feel as a professional trader that this popularity point specially for such type of contest is not as important or effective as other three evaluations criteria because if you just be focussed on market and on trading activity (watching news , analysing charts, looking market , watching different pairs for oppertunities) it is very difficult to maintain popularity parameters. And one thing more very important that the porpuse of such type of contest is to find a professional trader who has its own specialized way of winning style in trading that should not be followed or copyed or discussed (only for such type of contest otherwise it is informative and productive for trading education, but as you know this is a competition and selection of best one).I can give you the best example of it now that if I have plan some strategy of trade in Euro , I worked hard one weak to analyse it and I posted and discussed at the time of openning , at the same time a person who do not have a experice and did hard work to pick that oppertunity can easily following me to open same trade without any hard work and ability than how you can judge the best trader among those all. Please think once about my point of view, becasue sience can be followed but art can not be followed and should not be followed specially in competition becuase it is a griffy work and it should be owned by such person who deserve it .Trading is a Art not science.As you all know "Making your own winning style of trading is art that can not be repeated perfectly again" .
Thanks

Post subject: Re: I have a objection about popularity points Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 21 Jan, 2011, 09:55 

User rating: 8
fx_faroooqi wrote:
As I feel as a professional trader that this popularity point specially for such type of contest is not as important or effective as other three evaluations criteria because if you just be focussed on market and on trading activity (watching news , analysing charts, looking market , watching different pairs for oppertunities) it is very difficult to maintain popularity parameters. And one thing more very important that the porpuse of such type of contest is to find a professional trader who has its own specialized way of winning style in trading that should not be followed or copyed or discussed (only for such type of contest otherwise it is informative and productive for trading education, but as you know this is a competition and selection of best one).I can give you the best example of it now that if I have plan some strategy of trade in Euro , I worked hard one weak to analyse it and I posted and discussed at the time of openning , at the same time a person who do not have a experice and did hard work to pick that oppertunity can easily following me to open same trade without any hard work and ability than how you can judge the best trader among those all. Please think once about my point of view, becasue sience can be followed but art can not be followed and should not be followed specially in competition becuase it is a griffy work and it should be owned by such person who deserve it .Trading is a Art not science.As you all know "Making your own winning style of trading is art that can not be repeated perfectly again" .
Thanks

Dear contest participant,

We kindly recommend you to read familiarize with the main contest thread of the forum (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=24272). We have expressed and explained our position on the popularity assessment factor numerous times there.

It is a serious misconception to think that popularity is difficult to control and gain (as you say it). If you are indeed a good trader and you will be successful in the contest, you will inevitably climb over the ranks up, which is already a precondition for popularity. Moreover, you have all the tools to increase you popularity (e.g. share your account on facebook/twitter).

Finally, you are saying that somebody may follow your strategy. In fact, nobody can restrict that. That is why we are making the contest as transparent as we can. So that traders could learn from each other, analyze others trading strategies. If you are afraid that somebody will follow your strategy, you have to realize that, first of all, you should be popular and, secondly, you should have a proven successful trading track record for that.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com