Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Pip expert computation and possible bug
 Post subject: Pip expert computation and possible bug Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 17 Jan, 2011, 21:30 

User rating: 0
Dear Support,

is it possible there is a bug somewhere in the computation of the pip expert points?

This will not affect my ranking significantly and will not compromise the chances of win for the other participant I am going to mention, but I think may be of some interest for participants who are in the top 10-20 positions.

Specifically, I have noticed that the trader 'druidul' has a total pips gained in the amount of 568 according to your computations. At first glance it would seem unlikely.

Will you be so kind to look into that?

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Best regards.

Post subject: Re: Pip expert computation and possible bug Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Jan, 2011, 00:02 

User rating: 8
dedalus wrote:
Dear Support,

is it possible there is a bug somewhere in the computation of the pip expert points?

This will not affect my ranking significantly and will not compromise the chances of win for the other participant I am going to mention, but I think may be of some interest for participants who are in the top 10-20 positions.

Specifically, I have noticed that the trader 'druidul' has a total pips gained in the amount of 568 according to your computations. At first glance it would seem unlikely.

Will you be so kind to look into that?

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Best regards.

Thank you for your attentiveness and for pointing at this case.

In fact, we are aware of it and are already working on its rectification. The bug you noticed may happen when the trader catches numerous Margin Cuts on his accounts. Especially, when combined with partial fills. These automated actions on the account may "distort" the pips expert calculation algorithm. Although rarely, such situations arise. The case of "druidul" is a demonstrative example of one of those.

We have already come up with a solution for these cases and this solution is currently under development. It will be implemented very soon and will solve the indicated issue.

Post subject: Re: Pip expert computation and possible bug Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Jan, 2011, 14:37 

User rating: 0
Dear Support,

Thank you very much indeed.

I wish I had encountered numerous margin cuts, then. Just kidding.

Again, thank you very much for your promptness and continuous availability.

Have a great day.

Post subject: Re: Pip expert computation and possible bug Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Jan, 2011, 03:32 

User rating: -
Dear dukascopy.

Please, recalculate my pips.
Because I've counted my pips gained using excell with see my JForex position report, And the result is positive, but in my blog page, my pips gained still negative (-105 pips)..

Ok, thanks

Post subject: Re: Pip expert computation and possible bug Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 21 Jan, 2011, 08:46 

User rating: 8
mhyrandira wrote:
Dear dukascopy.

Please, recalculate my pips.
Because I've counted my pips gained using excell with see my JForex position report, And the result is positive, but in my blog page, my pips gained still negative (-105 pips)..

Ok, thanks

The pips recalculation mechanism has been improved yesterday. Now it does not get flawed by partially filled positions or Margin cut trades any more. Also, today the frequency of updates will be changed. Currently it's once per day, but it's going to be once per hour in order to be more up-to-date and provide a more qualitative data to participants.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com