Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

5 milliom limit
 Post subject: 5 milliom limit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 08:01 

User rating: -
Hi,

you limited the trading lot size to 5 million which is good thing to do, but why you didn't limit the total open positions to 5 million???

I am trading one currency pair only, it means i can only have 5m, other traders can open up to 25m in total for 5 pairs.
is this fair??
this means even if I have all my trades winners (which i do have) I will never be able to compete.

I do not think this is fair.

you should limit the total open positions to 5 million not per currency pair.

thank you

Post subject: Re: 5 milliom limit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 14:03 

User rating: 8
H_Abiad wrote:
Hi,

you limited the trading lot size to 5 million which is good thing to do, but why you didn't limit the total open positions to 5 million???

I am trading one currency pair only, it means i can only have 5m, other traders can open up to 25m in total for 5 pairs.
is this fair??
this means even if I have all my trades winners (which i do have) I will never be able to compete.

thank you

We believe that fairness is respected since every trader has access to the same leverage and to the same lot sizes. The fact that certain traders use multiple instruments, but others stick to some particular ones is a matter of personal choice and is not a result of limitations imposed by Dukascopy.

Ultimately, a 5 million trade is already 50% of the initial leverage, so one won't be able to open 5 full pairs unless he seriously raised his capital.

Besides, we remind again that the belief about performance being key in the trader is a serious misconception. You do not have to have the biggest capital to win (please refer to the previous month's standings for a reference). What you need is consistent trading and sound justifications as well as popularity (which is actually the derivative from the previous two and your activity on popularizing your account).

Post subject: Re: 5 milliom limit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Jan, 2011, 15:42 

User rating: -
H_Abiad wrote:
Hi,

is this fair??

thank you

You have the option to trade as many as you want, why should the competition cater to your trading style?

Post subject: Re: 5 milliom limit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 21 Jan, 2011, 14:47 

User rating: 8
Deandre.DeNemour wrote:
Theres a total up load limit per poster and its not just per post? I had to go back and delete some attachments from some old posts to free up some space.

Any way to make that per post and not per person? Or at least make it easier to delete old attachments?

Which attachments exactly do you mean? Please clarify. There are no attachments available in the trader contest so far (although they will be added later).

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com