Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: editing opened order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 06:54 

User rating: -
Hi

I am trying to edit the opened order by right clicking on it but could not get that option enabled.

how to edit it? please help

Post subject: Re: 1st prize winner Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 08:38 

User rating: 8
Margina wrote:
The 1st prize winner. Should the trader flight to Geneva to receive the prize winner? :?:
If yes, Dukascopy sponsor the air flight cost or trader responsible the air flight cost? :?

Say trader from Malaysia and Singapore.
1st prize winner $5,000
Less: air Flight cost $3,000 (Estimate only)
Net $2,000 :x
It look like 2nd and 3rd prize more worth than 1st prize.

The presence of the trader is not needed to open an account. The procedure of account attribution is standard - the same as for our regular clients. It includes the filling in of a respective form and the provision of relevant documents' copies. Besides, winners have to successfully pass though the legal compliance procedure.
Our representative will contact directly all the winners of the December trader contest as soon as the final results are unveiled.

Post subject: Re: editing opened order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 08:39 

Raghz wrote:
Hi

I am trying to edit the opened order by right clicking on it but could not get that option enabled.

how to edit it? please help

According to the rules of the contest, orders and position are non-modifiable. The option is to totally cancel the order / close the position and create/open a new one.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 08:46 

Forexmonologs wrote:
Dear contest support
İn january can you put the pip experts points of the contestants in their own page
İt is diffufult to calculate the pip expert points

You are mentioning a feature that is already anticipated.
We are indeed planning to add more information to Traders' profile pages. That includes not only pip expert points, but also some valuable statistics that may provide an insight of the contestant's trading profile and patterns.

Those changes are expected to be released during January.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 09:35 

Contest Support wrote:
warden wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
This is why SL/TPs closer than 10 pips are not allowed and there is a 2% limitation for long TP/SL levels. Same refers to hedging.

what about position below?

JForexStrategy Tue, 4 days ago / Fundamentals and News
Up trend, testing new High. Ichimoku Up trend
BUY 1.000M AUD/JPY @ 83.186, SL 81.200 (198 pips), TP 83.240 (6 pips)

Currently such abuses are possible because automatic validation is not implemented yet. The issue will be liquidated by itself when the validation is applied, which will happen very soon. We do realize that, unfortunately, some traders intentionally breach the 2% limitation. These facts will be definitely taken into consideration when making the Dukascopy expert evaluation.

as i see there is no changes in this direction, isn't it?

PTtrader yesterday at 22:57 GMT / Personal View
0.9300 big support .. believe in better data from USA today
@MKT Close: change stopp loss and tp
BUY 3.000M USD/CHF @ 0.93431, SL 0.93286 (15 pips), TP 0.93486 (6 pips)

Post subject: Re: UKE Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 09:55 

D wrote:
final comment, looking (reading) and understanding the perpose and the philosophy of the contest, i find hard to acept/or understand 80mil trades for 6 pips..
..do you consider a max lot size?
do you consider a min TP distance..?

its supposed to be trades with plan, strategy, explanation, and be easy to follow , if some one like to do so.
No matter how impresive (or not) the final performance is, noone can follow a 3 5 or 8 pip trades during the session.
This is a competition, we do trade our live accounts too..how can anyone be 24/7 in front of the screens only for the competition?
the delay between opening a market trade till its publised on the blog, makes the following not possible.

So, although your intentions are clear (proven with the 25% x 4 ranking method) there are some "issues" as per the tactics (lot size, minimum profit)that has to been taken under consideration.
maybe not be able to cover your position if tp to price is less than x% or x pips..?
maybe only availabe option after openig a trade is break even stops and or trailing stops?
maybe reduce the trading line? (leverage?)
make it more..realistic where "true" well documented trades (with realistioc risk/reward ratios) will be the winners..not gambling.

Happy new year to all..

Happy new year!

Thank you for your comment. You've touched a very topical issue. As was announced initially, we are going to constantly improve the contest, find ways of optimization and ensuring more transparency. That is why we highly appreciate participants' comments and thought about the contest, its conditions and specifics.

Basing on the results of the first contest month's observations, we can already make several conclusions, some of which will definitely translate themselves in contest rules amendments. First of all, it related to maximum lot size, which is to be introduced, seeing the obvious disproportions in the average lots used by some participants. We do agree that 70 mio. lots are not "realistic" in terms of their ration to the amount of equity and not only that.

What refers to the min TP/SL distance - it already exists and constitutes 10 pips. However, sometimes it may happen that the market price deviates while the trader is passing the trade (writing comment etc.). That leads to disproportions in the SL/TP distances, which may indeed go below 10 pips. We do realize this particularity and are thinking about its improvement.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 10:18 

Reply to Guest (posted at 08:35, Jan 3):

The issue IS rectified. But you are referring to SL/TP 10 pips limitations, whereas the initial talk was about the 2% limitation. The 2% validation is already active and you may see that you won't be able to pass a trade where SL or TP are more distant from the market price than 2% on EUR/USD (respectively adjusted for other pairs).

Speaking about the requirement for min 10 pips on SL and TP: the thing is that sometimes it may happen that the market price deviates while the trader is passing the trade (writing comment etc.). That leads to disproportions in the SL/TP distances, which may indeed go below 10 pips. An indication on this case is when you see that the sum of TP + SL is 20 pips, but the shifts are unequal. We do realize this particularity and are thinking about its improvement.

Post subject: Re: need multipe entry for same pair Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 10:38 

surewin wrote:
I would like to have multiple entry for same pair with different target price to have better risk and reward

It is forbidden by contest rules to open more than 1 position for every currency pair simultaneously. Please refer to the point Nr. 5 in the Trading rules (https://www.dukascopy.com/tradercontest/ ... ntestrules).

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 11:26 

psychop13 wrote:
Dear Support,
i see two contest in website link, strategy contest and trader contest.
What a difference..?

Those are indeed 2 different contests.

The JForex strategy contest is focused on automated trading and represents a competition of automated strategies.

The Trader contest, in its turn, is a competition of manual trading.

Besides those, several additional contests are currently at the development or planning stage.

In future we plan to unify all these competitions under a common "Dukascopy Forex Community", which is currently being developed. It is exactly due to these plans that we require traders to register to the community first and only then - to the trader contest. Later on, this scheme will work for all competitions. Namely, a unique community account for every subscriber, from which he further applies to the available contests. It will not only allow ensuring a more convenient registration, but also permit to aggregate all the activity of the participant within the Dukascopy Forex community under one profile via interlinking the contests.

Post subject: Re: UKE Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 11:53 

Contest Support wrote:
D wrote:
final comment, looking (reading) and understanding the perpose and the philosophy of the contest, i find hard to acept/or understand 80mil trades for 6 pips..

its supposed to be trades with plan, strategy, explanation, and be easy to follow , if some one like to do so.
No matter how impresive (or not) the final performance is, noone can follow a 3 5 or 8 pip trades during the session.
This is a competition, we do trade our live accounts too..how can anyone be 24/7 in front of the screens only for the competition?
the delay between opening a market trade till its publised on the blog, makes the following not possible.

So, although your intentions are clear (proven with the 25% x 4 ranking method) there are some "issues" as per the tactics (lot size, minimum profit)that has to been taken under consideration.
maybe not be able to cover your position if tp to price is less than x% or x pips..?
maybe only availabe option after openig a trade is break even stops and or trailing stops?
make it more..realistic where "true" well documented trades (with realistioc risk/reward ratios) will be the winners..not gambling.

Happy new year to all..

Happy new year!

Thank you for your comment. You've touched a very topical issue. As was announced initially, we are going to constantly improve the contest, find ways of optimization and ensuring more transparency. That is why we highly appreciate participants' comments and thought about the contest, its conditions and specifics.

Basing on the results of the first contest month's observations, we can already make several conclusions, some of which will definitely translate themselves in contest rules amendments. First of all, it related to maximum lot size, which is to be introduced, seeing the obvious disproportions in the average lots used by some participants. We do agree that 70 mio. lots are not "realistic" in terms of their ration to the amount of equity and not only that.

What refers to the min TP/SL distance - it already exists and constitutes 10 pips. However, sometimes it may happen that the market price deviates while the trader is passing the trade (writing comment etc.). That leads to disproportions in the SL/TP distances, which may indeed go below 10 pips. We do realize this particularity and are thinking about its improvement.

if i maymake a sugestion for the philosophy of the competition..
Minimum tp at 25 pips, after order is opend and price below 25 pips only available option is break even stops, if above 25 pips profit then available options to be..break even stops and trailing stops

Post subject: Re: Contest Standing. Rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 14:48 

Do it right wrote:
In the december contest, I saw many contesters were violating the 2% stop loss rule and they were all the way at the top. Will that be enforce this month?... Thank you.

The issue was fixed after the introduction of an automatic validation. Now one receives a warning message whenever he tries to set a SL or TP that does not comply to the limitations. In this message you will also find the indication of the maximum allowed levels.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 22:57 

Hi,
I registered in the competition but I can not place any orders :( Do I need to have some confirmation from dukascopy?
Regards

Post subject: Re: UKE Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 03:41 

User rating: 0
Contest Support wrote:
D wrote:

Happy new year to all..

Happy new year!

I am totally agree with D,
We are not at the poker table, with all in mode.

Post subject: Platform errors Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 09:06 

Hello everyone!
This morning I am experiencing some unpleasant errors with jforex platform. I can't open any trade...and sometimes even if I have open trades I can't see them in position manager.
This is the only error I see:
07:54:50 Group #14802405 does not exist. Please relogin.
07:54:42 Group #14802405 does not exist. Please relogin.
07:54:33 Group #14802405 does not exist. Please relogin.
07:54:26 Group #14802403 does not exist. Please relogin.
07:54:02 Group #14802403 does not exist. Please relogin.

I like this contest very much and I know Dukascopy's team work on it to improve it.
Just wanted to tell you that I have this problem and I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

Post subject: Platform errors resolved Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 09:32 

Everything works well right now. I guess it was a temporary issue.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 10:36 

Guest wrote:
Hi,
I registered in the competition but I can not place any orders :( Do I need to have some confirmation from dukascopy?
Regards

Please specify your nickname or at least some identifying information so that we could check your particular issue.

The procedure of the contest registration and trading start is as follows:
1. Create an account in the Dukascopy Forex community (if you already have it, you use it for all further registrations).
2. Log in to your community profile.
3. Click on "Join contest" button
4. Subscribe for the respective month. Trading credentials will be sent to your registered email.
5. Launch the contest trading platform: https://demo-login.dukascopy.com/fo/pla ... nlp=jforex
6. Enter your trading credentials
7. Start trading.

In any case, we highly recommend to address us directly at "contest (at) dukascopy.com" in case you have some specific issues related to your account. In such a way, we are able to reply personally and in more details.

Post subject: Re: UKE Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 10:59 

psychop13 wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
D wrote:

Happy new year to all..

Happy new year!

I am totally agree with D,
We are not at the poker table, with all in mode.

Soon we are going to implement the max lot size limitation.

Currently we can provisionally announce that it's not going to exceed 5 mio EUR/USD per one trade (equivalents for other pairs adjusted respectively).

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 11:36 

Good afternoon. I have a question: corresponds to the (same) quality of execution of orders in real trade and in contest??

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Jan, 2011, 14:25 

Grizzly wrote:
Good afternoon. I have a question: corresponds to the (same) quality of execution of orders in real trade and in contest??

The execution in the contest is 100% identical to the one available in the regular Dukascopy demo accounts. The price feed and conditions are the same.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Jan, 2011, 11:17 

Contest Support wrote:
Grizzly wrote:

The execution in the contest is 100% identical to the one available in the regular Dukascopy demo accounts. The price feed and conditions are the same.

Thank you for your reply.
I ran into a situation where the stop loss did not work for a long time. What could be the reason for this?

In the forum you can not add attachments?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com