Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: Take profit and Stop loss levels should not exceed more Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010, 17:38 

User rating: 8
suckerpunch wrote:
Take profit and Stop loss levels should not exceed more than 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD.

What does this mean?

You can't get into a trade where you win more than 2% of your account?

The 2% rule means that it is impossible to set a Stop-Loss or Take-Profit further than 2% from the opening price from EUR/USD.

I.e. if you are opening a LONG position at 1.3269, the 2% deviation is +/- 0.026538 (1.3269 x 2%). Hence, the most distant allowed SL will be 1.3003 and the most distant TP - 1.3534, respectively. Limits for the rest of instruments are recalculating each settlement according to "Pip Conversion Schedule".

Now you do not have to calculate those levels on your own, since there is a built-in validation in the contest platform. As soon as you try to set a level, which is beyond the allowed threshold a warning message will appear when trying to pass the order.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010, 17:39 

Guest wrote:
Take profit and Stop loss levels should not exceed more than 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD.

What does this mean?

I start in the contest in January, but I'm not sure what this is?

Thanks!

The 2% rule means that it is impossible to set a Stop-Loss or Take-Profit further than 2% from the opening price from EUR/USD.

I.e. if you are opening a LONG position at 1.3269, the 2% deviation is +/- 0.026538 (1.3269 x 2%). Hence, the most distant allowed SL will be 1.3003 and the most distant TP - 1.3534, respectively. Limits for the rest of instruments are recalculating each settlement according to "Pip Conversion Schedule".

Now you do not have to calculate those levels on your own, since there is a built-in validation in the contest platform. As soon as you try to set a level, which is beyond the allowed threshold a warning message will appear when trying to pass the order.

Post subject: Re: My workspace Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010, 20:03 

User rating: 0
it seems OK now.

another Q,
where is exactly the icon for visualizing the trade?

Post subject: Re: My workspace Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010, 20:17 

User rating: 0
disregard last Q, thought it's on the platform to upload with the trade, found it on the traders blog.

it seems that i keep answering my Qs :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010, 05:59 

User rating: -
I can tell the Contest is getting better & better and is exciting for me.
Happy Holiday to Dukascopy Family. Owners, Employers, [b]Traders [/b families and Friends.

Post subject: Re: My workspace Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010, 08:20 

Neu_spir8 wrote:
disregard last Q, thought it's on the platform to upload with the trade, found it on the traders blog.

it seems that i keep answering my Qs :mrgreen:

If looks like you came up with all the answers by yourself.=)

Post subject: UKE Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010, 11:21 

final comment, looking (reading) and understanding the perpose and the philosophy of the contest, i find hard to acept/or understand 80mil trades for 6 pips..
..do you consider a max lot size?
do you consider a min TP distance..?

its supposed to be trades with plan, strategy, explanation, and be easy to follow , if some one like to do so.
No matter how impresive (or not) the final performance is, noone can follow a 3 5 or 8 pip trades during the session.
This is a competition, we do trade our live accounts too..how can anyone be 24/7 in front of the screens only for the competition?
the delay between opening a market trade till its publised on the blog, makes the following not possible.

So, although your intentions are clear (proven with the 25% x 4 ranking method) there are some "issues" as per the tactics (lot size, minimum profit)that has to been taken under consideration.
maybe not be able to cover your position if tp to price is less than x% or x pips..?
maybe only availabe option after openig a trade is break even stops and or trailing stops?
maybe reduce the trading line? (leverage?)
make it more..realistic where "true" well documented trades (with realistioc risk/reward ratios) will be the winners..not gambling.

Happy new year to all..

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010, 19:01 

What a great month to trade! I hope you all have gone very well in your trades! The competition was nice, let's see how it will end!

Happy New Year mates!

Best regards,

heven_

Post subject: big trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 04:51 

Uke, why don't you try out such a trade for 80m, initially see it going against you, and then take the 6 pips when you can, it's not gambling, it's making money, that's all

Post subject: Trade-Management optimization Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 13:47 

A contest like this one measures the ability of a trader to act successfully in the market. Being successful in the market is the result of several key-components:

1) The estimation of a market direction in a certain time by analysing the market either technically, intuitively, fundamentally or by a combination of the 3 forms.

2) A proper money management

3) A proper trade-management

The problem here is that this contest only scores the first point and parts of point 2 and 3. The estimation of a direction and the decision how much money you invest in a trade are only 2 components of a successful trading. Way more important is the ability to pull the stop to b/e or somewhere else and to scale in and out of a position. This feature is missing in this contest and it should be there.

Furthermore a trader has to react fast sometimes and doesnt have the time to write an explenation why he did a trade before he triggers. The explenation should be typed AFTER the entry order has been filled. Same thing for the exit.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 15:02 

Dear Support,
i see two contest in website link, strategy contest and trader contest.
What a difference..?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 17:13 

I think most people will agree there already WAY too many rules without making anymore!! Can a trader not just trade his style without having to adjust it to suit the contest. If someone goes in that heavy for 6 pips is that not a high success probability strategy in his eyes were he risks that much for so little. Can we not just have a contest were the best trader wins without all these unnecessary hoops to jump through.

Post subject: Re: Why did 2 trades appear in the opposite direction Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 17:37 

It was unbelievable to open 3 same amount same pair position even in the demo version it happened to me may be twice if the original platform works in the same manner it ll be impossible to earn money from the trade i have 3 sama date trades one is plus 67 one is minus 147 or so on :o

Post subject: Contest Standing. Rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 19:05 

In the december contest, I saw many contesters were violating the 2% stop loss rule and they were all the way at the top. Will that be enforce this month?... Thank you.

Post subject: diferent point start Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011, 21:46 

Happy New Year and good luck to everybody!
I found that a standing is formed arleady, though no trade has been done as far--each contest participant got different number of points. Why's that, would you explain it? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: 1st prize winner Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 02 Jan, 2011, 03:33 

The 1st prize winner. Should the trader flight to Geneva to receive the prize winner? :?:
If yes, Dukascopy sponsor the air flight cost or trader responsible the air flight cost? :?

Say trader from Malaysia and Singapore.
1st prize winner $5,000
Less: air Flight cost $3,000 (Estimate only)
Net $2,000 :x
It look like 2nd and 3rd prize more worth than 1st prize.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 02 Jan, 2011, 13:52 

Dear contest support
İn january can you put the pip experts points of the contestants in their own page
İt is diffufult to calculate the pip expert points

Post subject: need multipe entry for same pair Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 04:39 

I would like to have multiple entry for same pair with different target price to have better risk and reward

Post subject: Fundamental Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 05:50 

I was entering fundamental comment but mistakenly chosen the technical and trends option!

Post subject: comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jan, 2011, 05:57 

how can I comment my trades?

I placed already 2 trades but didn't have the posibility to comment
the point below says I can't place trades without commenting.....however, I did, and I CANNOT PLACE TRADES WITH COMMENTS...

7.How and where can I comment my trades?
Comments to the trades are passed via the pop-up window appearing on order creation in the contest Demo platform. It is technically impossible to make a trade leaving the comment area empty. Then the comments appear in the traders' blog of the JForex community and in the personal blog of the trader. Any contestant or authorized user of the JForex community if allowed to evaluate and comment on the posts made by other traders/users.

appreciating an answer here

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com