Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: I cant start ~ please help me Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Dec, 2010, 22:34 

User rating: -
my account : DEMOAC12EkoYS
thanks~

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Dec, 2010, 00:02 

User rating: 0
some questions to the rule "All positions must have Take Profit (TP) and Stop Loss (SL) orders assigned."

must i let the position run into tp or sl or can i close the trade by myself, perhaps can i take part of
the position or change the tp later if it runs good or bad?

e.g. i have 50 pips tp and the trade reaches 40 pips and i see a reversal or big resistance, so i would
prefer to close the trade by myself or take half profit and let the rest run while changing sl to last
support or something like that.

if it's allowed, will i have to comment all the steps? or only the initial order?

Post subject: Re: cannot login to forex community Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Dec, 2010, 04:48 

User rating: 1
thanks for the quick fix! it's working

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Dec, 2010, 09:53 

User rating: 8
You can close the position manually but you need to provide it with a brief comment why you'are closing it. That's it. For the moment, you are not able to change the TP and SL. So try to predict the make long-term predictions.

Post subject: Unable to move stop loss and profit targets Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 04 Dec, 2010, 13:28 

Couple of things are making this contest difficult and it will be for everyone not just me. But in real life trading the first thing I am concerned with is risk. So if I am in a position I will close part of the position equal to my stop. So in this way I can control risk. Also once the market has moved a certain distance from my entry I then cover my entry having removed all risk from the trade, I can't do it at the moment and I wonder why you made a contest with these restrictions.

Setting profit targets is a good idea but no one knows where the market is going so its better to hold your trade as long as possible advancing your stop as the market moves in your direction. Setting a fixed take profit is like saying the market is going to position x and no further, which is something none of us know.

Are these just issues with the contest platform or did someone design these factors in as a handycap?

Kind regards

Mike Haran

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 05 Dec, 2010, 02:52 

Dear Support,

Please, will you be so kind to remove my registration from the community with this nickname?

I ended up registering with the nickname dedalus1113123 and, if possible, I would not like having multiple nicknames.

I have also registered for the strategy contest; if I understood well it is allowed to take part in both contests, right?

Thanks a lot, as usual.

Have a nice week.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 05 Dec, 2010, 23:45 

Hi,

How can i post on Trader Blog ? Where i need to write the message ?

Thanks,

Post subject: Post a comment Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Dec, 2010, 08:07 

Dear Support,

sorry but it is just the first time for me on this contest. When I open a position, where and how I can post the comment with the reason of this opening?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Dec, 2010, 11:17 

I joined.
I login to "My page".
I do not see how to write a blog?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Dec, 2010, 23:53 

Zorro145 and Gorillych,

When you are to submit the order, you will find an appropriate field to comment your own order.

Please login into your DEMO contest account (on the Java platform), try to submit an order and you will see that you will be forced to comment the order, before sending it.

You will get a similar field whenever you close the order. Please, be advised that you can not close partially orders and that TP and SL levels can not be changed at any time, after the order execution.

Gorillych: that is why how you write on your blog. You can also comment others' (or your own) orders, once they have been filled.
Basically: you write your explanation from the trading platform and if you want to add some other insight, you can comment through the web page at a later time.
It is not possible to comment on your blog directly before placing the order, as far as I know.

Hope this helps. Happy trading and good luck with the contest.

Post subject: Pre and post-trade comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 03:16 

Would it be possible to comment on the trades after the order was placed (and not before)? Sometimes it is inconvenient to comment pre-trade.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 10:35 

Dear Contest Support,

I understand that it is vital for contestants to comment on their trades, so that they write a note when opening a trade or closing it before it reaches Take Profit. On the other hand, how it is working now is, that if eather one of those exit orders are filled, it's not technicaly feasible nor reasonable to comment.

I have a question regarding possibility of future development for trade management. I mean, if it is possible to close @MKT with posting a comment for the trade, it seems feasible to implement Conditional Close of portion of a possition (also with comment) and also changes to TP and SL orders. I understand that opening unlimited changes to closing orders could be a mess in traders' blogs, it seems reasonable to set maximum for such changes (let's say 2).

Regarding Conditional Close - if SL is hit then there's no comment. Thus it would not be necessary to comment on partial close.

What do you think? I'd love to read from you what is technicaly feasible and reasonable for the contest.

thank you very much in advance for your kind reply,
popok

Post subject: Re: Pre and post-trade comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 10:42 

Dog_Fafik wrote:
Would it be possible to comment on the trades after the order was placed (and not before)? Sometimes it is inconvenient to comment pre-trade.

yes, It's possible to make own comments to the position. You can do it not in the platform but right on the web-site. You have to be logged in to post a comment. You can also comment other trader's positions too.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 10:51 

@ popok thank you for feedback. We think that the contest rules are just shaping up. Some changes in the contest rules are possible. However, we still prefer to see long-term forecasts with TP and SL. If we give traders an option to change TP and SL, it can become a real mess and you can't really understand why the trader has made such a forecast.
On the other hand, manual closing is still possible because the market can change it's direction or sentiments. So, if you understand that the market is changing, you can close the position manually.

If the position is closed by TP order, it means that the forecast was perfect! if the position is closed manually.. even with a profit.. it means that the forecast was not good enough. It's a good criteria for Dukascopy evaluation, isn't it? :)

Post subject: Publicity Fake Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 16:41 

Hi, thanx for the nice contest. i think it makes a lot of sense is to evaluate forecast quality by dukascopy. BUT: what surely does not make any sense, is to weigh the popularity in the community! what does this have to do with the succesful trading ? it is for some users also easy to use different IP adresses and influence the leader board or cooperate and influence the outcome. i mean that is clearly a joke. there are traders with already 50% add on to their account on place 15 to 30 and some traders popping out of nothing, with 4 tradesin the contest and within a few hours they gain 80 publicity points and 20 unique visitors. how is that possible? please definetely cancel this or control it better. and the second problem is what you say about longer term forecasts. i try my best with comments, but my trading style, which should be in the interest of dukascopy (in real life regarding volume commissions) is a high frequent one. my account grows steadily, but i guess my very short term, technical forecast, using momentum will not be as worthy as the lottery and wizard talk of some swing or position traders. just my 2 cents

Post subject: publicity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 16:56 

hi again. please do not take my last comment wrong! i think that it is a great idea to implement the community somehow in the rating off the traders. but the reality in the internet is, that there is no such thing like fairness, when there is a contest or even money prizes to win. the users always find ways. idotn want to critisize dukascopy for this great effort and idea, simply the behaviour of some or many users in the web. thats all. you made such huge efforts for this outstanding contest, please do yourself a favor and do not allow any doubts in the ranking of the traders. in trading the most important success parameter is performance, performance, performance. it seems lime a joke ahving traders with a gain of 2 or 3 % in the top ten and others with 50% or more not even in the top ten. thanx for your attention.

Post subject: why in grey? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010, 22:32 

Dear Support,
I don't understand 2 things: why I appear in grey and with 0 performance points and why last week's open positions have disappeared from my blog even if they are active.

Post subject: why Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 11:11 

why does it appear two ranks of contest? why do i appear in one? am i desqualified? i am for the first time on this contest. thank you.

Post subject: Re: why in grey? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 12:37 

LoWtrader wrote:
Dear Support,
I don't understand 2 things: why I appear in grey and with 0 performance points and why last week's open positions have disappeared from my blog even if they are active.

LoWtrader, you appear in grey because your current balance is less than 100.000 (only participants with final balance > 100.000 can qualify for a prize).
As we can see you have 57 Perfomance points (not zero) by now and 0 Pips Expert points. Refer to rules for explanations of points calculations.

We currently have technical issues with blog records and some of them may not be shown, we are working on this and it will be fixed soon.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010, 14:50 

Dear Support,

Are we allowed to have several positions at the same time, but still only one per instrument (up to five); or just one position over all?

Also, about the number of instruments: it is said that we may subscribed up to five; can we change it from time to time from the workspace, still having five opened altogether max?

Thanks as usual and have a great day.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com