Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011, 16:31 

User rating: 8
fxadb42 wrote:
I'd also like to suggest a feature: a list of current open and pending positions on the trader's page and a way to sort the trader's blog by market so that one can follow for example trading of EURUSD by one trader.

We appreciate your proposal. We will note it for further improvements of traders' profile pages and sorting functionality.

Post subject: error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011, 16:42 

User rating: -
i put a trade on eurusd and i won 46 pips with 5 milions....when i put this trade i had 230000 so i suppose that 25000 to be added to my amount , but nothing happened...very stragng because this trade is recorded on my page but regarding the amount of money nothing
i am waitong for an answer

Post subject: Re: error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 Jun, 2011, 11:12 

marius24 wrote:
i put a trade on eurusd and i won 46 pips with 5 milions....when i put this trade i had 230000 so i suppose that 25000 to be added to my amount , but nothing happened...very stragng because this trade is recorded on my page but regarding the amount of money nothing
i am waitong for an answer

Your balance in the trader blog directly reflects the equity balance of your platform. The only difference is that a 1-hour lag exists.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011, 11:23 

That ghost AUDUSD position is still there. Would you please delete/close it since it doesn't show in the platform and I have no control over it? (username: fxadb42, forum won't let me use it (it says "The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.") and login prints a php error).

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 08:43 

fxadb42+ wrote:
That ghost AUDUSD position is still there. Would you please delete/close it since it doesn't show in the platform and I have no control over it? (username: fxadb42, forum won't let me use it (it says "The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.") and login prints a php error).

The reason causing this issue has already been liquidated. The position will be cancelled.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011, 11:55 

I'm providing trading signals at zulutrade (which supports Dukascopy too) can I give a link to my zulutrade profile in my trader's blog and strategy description?

Post subject: Re: Take profit and Stop Loss levels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011, 13:36 

Hany wrote:
Hello Support

I'm not sure that I understand this rule (Take profit and Stop Loss levels should not exceed 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD).

Could you please explain (this rule) in terms of pips, and it would be great if you provide an example.

Kindest Regards

Could anyone please help with my question.

Regards

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Jun, 2011, 15:43 

Problem voting for trades that were opened over 24 hours ago even though they are still open trades.
Does this mean I will always struggle with popularity points as I look at longer term trades.
I can see as a broking house you want high turnover, but living in Australia, the volatility during our awake hours is not sufficient to "trade" the markets over short timeframes.
Just want a fair crack and to be able to vote for trades that I think are "good trades" even if they take more than 24 hrs to move in the right direction.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 27 Jun, 2011, 16:34 

Gusman wrote:
Problem voting for trades that were opened over 24 hours ago even though they are still open trades.
Does this mean I will always struggle with popularity points as I look at longer term trades.
I can see as a broking house you want high turnover, but living in Australia, the volatility during our awake hours is not sufficient to "trade" the markets over short timeframes.
Just want a fair crack and to be able to vote for trades that I think are "good trades" even if they take more than 24 hrs to move in the right direction.

Please note that your can vote for a trade that was UPDATED within 24 hours. Closing a trade is considered as an update. So does any modification in the conditions. Hence, you can vote for trades held for several days as well.

Post subject: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Jun, 2011, 12:30 

In this specific competition has something that is out of trading strategy, makes you feel distracted, it is the popularity score makes you to worry more than trading strategy, some can make if they are Info tech background, but not all can get 100 in popularity, DUKASCOPY, should relax popularity score and be removed from the competition.

Otherwise Dukascopy competition is very well designed to test the trader skill.

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Jun, 2011, 13:32 

US2030 wrote:
In this specific competition has something that is out of trading strategy, makes you feel distracted, it is the popularity score makes you to worry more than trading strategy, some can make if they are Info tech background, but not all can get 100 in popularity, DUKASCOPY, should relax popularity score and be removed from the competition.

Otherwise Dukascopy competition is very well designed to test the trader skill.

As you could have seen from our recent announcement (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=36908), Popularity points' weight is about to be decreased starting from July.

Also, in pursuit of improving the evaluation in general, we are modifying the components of the Dukascopy score.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Jun, 2011, 06:34 

So what about my question:
Quote:
I'm providing trading signals at zulutrade (which supports Dukascopy too) can I give a link to my zulutrade profile in my trader's blog and strategy description?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Jun, 2011, 14:16 

Multisanti wrote:
So what about my question:
Quote:

That is undesirable.

As an alternative, we would recommend to duplicate your description to your Dukascopy Trader contest profile.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Jul, 2011, 13:42 

User rating: 0
fxadb42 wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Re: to fxadb42

The issue has just been double-checked. SL/TP shift works correctly now.
Please make sure you are not using an outdated version of the platform (Help => About...). The right version to use is 2.13.17

Nope, it's still there. Just checked, cache purged, app redownloaded and version is 2.13.17. EURUSD position @1.44698, S/L @ 1.4460, current market price 1.4492/93, wanted to move S/L up to 1.44635 and it says "SL/TP are to be at least 10 pips".

edit: Perhaps the issue is that the initial S/L is <10 pips (slippage).

It's still there (40 pips in the money, platform says can't move sl for 10 pips (30 pips from last quote)).

Post subject: open instant close Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Jul, 2011, 19:43 

just placed a trade which closed instantly

why did this happen?

Post subject: Re: open instant close Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Jul, 2011, 21:08 

robnfc wrote:
just placed a trade which closed instantly

why did this happen?

just released I put an incorrect t/p level, however this then means that the trade had a t/p that was higher then the currently price and even higher then my s/l (sell trade), why did this trade even execute

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 02 Jul, 2011, 17:16 

@Support

I accidentally erased the email with my login and password to the july traders contest...

How can I recover it ??

Thank You

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Jul, 2011, 07:52 

Guest wrote:
@Support

I accidentally erased the email with my login and password to the july traders contest...

How can I recover it ??

Thank You

Please send us a request to [email protected]

We'll send you a reminder then

Post subject: Jforex contest platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Jul, 2011, 08:46 

I am not able to log into the Jforex Contest Platform . It is showing unable to launch application . Please help .

Post subject: Re: Jforex contest platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Jul, 2011, 11:28 

expertmars wrote:
I am not able to log into the Jforex Contest Platform . It is showing unable to launch application . Please help .

Please clean the Java cache and re-launch the platform. The issue should be solved then.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com