Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Jun, 2011, 08:04 

User rating: 0
Contest Support wrote:
Re: to fxadb42

The issue has just been double-checked. SL/TP shift works correctly now.
Please make sure you are not using an outdated version of the platform (Help => About...). The right version to use is 2.13.17

Nope, it's still there. Just checked, cache purged, app redownloaded and version is 2.13.17. EURUSD position @1.44698, S/L @ 1.4460, current market price 1.4492/93, wanted to move S/L up to 1.44635 and it says "SL/TP are to be at least 10 pips".

edit: Perhaps the issue is that the initial S/L is <10 pips (slippage).

Post subject: Margin call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Jun, 2011, 19:24 

User rating: -
on friday 10/06/2009 19:15 GMT+1 all my positions were closed saying that my margin call was triggered, but I dont understand this because all my positions were in profit and my equity was 124,376.68...I was trading with five instruments in which four were 1 million positions and one was 3 million position. Can anyone help with this.,AM I missing some trading rules of the contest...

Post subject: MT4 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Jun, 2011, 21:38 

I like the JAVA platform, its fast and good to work with especially on the MAC.

I've been checking back for awhile now and I still see that the live MT4 platform is still in beta testing... its been a long time.

any idea when the beta testing stops and one can open alive account using MT4?

please let me know. thanks

Post subject: Evaluation Structure Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 11 Jun, 2011, 04:37 

I found that the Dukascopy is excellent place for improving trade skill and gain experience. To view the trade history and performance analysis gives very good opportunity to learn on not only my mistakes and achievements but also at great extend to see, openly, how the other traders made decisions on similar conditions. Only thing to note is the percentage of the popularity points. This percentage should be lowered up to 10% as compare to performance, pips expert and Dukascopy points. Thanks for the Dukascopy team for giving this contest opportunity.

Post subject: Changes in balance Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Jun, 2011, 10:00 

Please explain. I don't make any transactions, and during the same time in my platform value of balance changes. How is it possible?

Post subject: Demo vs. Live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Jun, 2011, 15:28 

This contest would make FAR more sense if live accounts were used. A different broker I know of runs a similar contest on live accounts, all accts with >$500 balance at the beginning of month automatically entered and prizes awarded on gains only.

Before you say it, yes I already have a live account with that broker as well as one other.

Post subject: Re: Changes in balance Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 09:59 

Elena_M wrote:
Please explain. I don't make any transactions, and during the same time in my platform value of balance changes. How is it possible?

Check Porfolio->Portfolio Statement for any stray trades.

edit1: I have a 5m short AUDUSD position since 6th that doesn't show up in the platform, isn't included in margin calculations and that I have no control over.

edit2: It does have an impact on equity though and it rolls over every day.

Post subject: Re: Margin call Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 10:06 

User rating: 8
MARACHITRADER wrote:
on friday 10/06/2009 19:15 GMT+1 all my positions were closed saying that my margin call was triggered, but I dont understand this because all my positions were in profit and my equity was 124,376.68...I was trading with five instruments in which four were 1 million positions and one was 3 million position. Can anyone help with this.,AM I missing some trading rules of the contest...

Please see the section devoted to margin requirements and weekend leverage (which is 1:30). That will clarify your concerns.
Note, however, that for trader contest accounts the positions do not get hedged (as for regular accounts) when the allowed leverage is exceeded, but they get closed totally.

Post subject: Re: MT4 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 10:19 

JuanPBG12 wrote:
I like the JAVA platform, its fast and good to work with especially on the MAC.

I've been checking back for awhile now and I still see that the live MT4 platform is still in beta testing... its been a long time.

any idea when the beta testing stops and one can open alive account using MT4?

please let me know. thanks

MT4 platform is not planned to be released on Live. Only demo accounts are available.

Post subject: Re: Changes in balance Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 10:31 

Elena_M wrote:

The intraday balance changes are caused by the constant recalculation of exchange rates. This recalculation stops and gets fixed at the settlement time. It happens due to the fact that the trader traded currency pairs, where the P/L is not calculated in his base currency. Hence, the P/L is constantly being converted to the base currency until the settlement time.

Post subject: Re: Demo vs. Live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 10:33 

CrazyFkr wrote:
This contest would make FAR more sense if live accounts were used. A different broker I know of runs a similar contest on live accounts, all accts with >$500 balance at the beginning of month automatically entered and prizes awarded on gains only.

Before you say it, yes I already have a live account with that broker as well as one other.

All our LIVE accounts participate in a monthly competition with 15,000 USD worth prizes as well. Check the link to learn more: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... /gen-info/

Post subject: Re: Changes in balance Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 12:58 

Contest Support wrote:
Elena_M wrote:

The intraday balance changes are caused by the constant recalculation of exchange rates. This recalculation stops and gets fixed at the settlement time. It happens due to the fact that the trader traded currency pairs, where the P/L is not calculated in his base currency. Hence, the P/L is constantly being converted to the base currency until the settlement time.

Platform:

Portfolio->Position Report:

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 13:13 

I'd also like to suggest a feature: a list of current open and pending positions on the trader's page and a way to sort the trader's blog by market so that one can follow for example trading of EURUSD by one trader.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 13:27 

fxadb42 wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Re: to fxadb42

The issue has just been double-checked. SL/TP shift works correctly now.
Please make sure you are not using an outdated version of the platform (Help => About...). The right version to use is 2.13.17

Nope, it's still there. Just checked, cache purged, app redownloaded and version is 2.13.17. EURUSD position @1.44698, S/L @ 1.4460, current market price 1.4492/93, wanted to move S/L up to 1.44635 and it says "SL/TP are to be at least 10 pips".

edit: Perhaps the issue is that the initial S/L is <10 pips (slippage).

Still there:

Post subject: Re: Changes in balance Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 15:47 

fxadb42 wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Elena_M wrote:

Update:

I think by now the issue is beyond any doubt and deniability (the rules and the platform itself does not allow multiple positions in the same pair and yet, there they are)..

I'm not sure how Dukascopy should resolve this, since opening new positions depends very much on the equity and a big hidden position has a rather sizable impact on that and consequently on the ranking (in my case it was actually a positive impact it seems). So just deleting those incorrect transactions doesn't seem to correct things entirely, if at all. On the other hand it would be a shame to have the contest invalidated for the month since we've seen some very nice trading by some traders. I don't know how many contestants are affected by this, if any (except yours truly that is).

Post subject: Points Reporting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011, 01:35 

I think for performance and pips expert it would be better if points were reported based on a statistical distribution. An example, we go based on SD away from average of traders that are positive in that category. For instance, if 1 SD is 500 pips. Someone who gets 3000 pips should have double the points as someone who gets 1500 pips. This way, people who perform at the extremes are rewarded.

Post subject: I cannot close my position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011, 12:35 

i sell eur/usd,but my tp donot work,i cannot close it.please help me thankyou.
Nickname: helen

Post subject: Technical issues Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011, 13:52 

I like the Dukascopy contest and continued for the 6th months in context as it encourages traders to trade on DEMO account as it like real account through your procedures. Thanks for that. I experience few technical issues. One is platform price freeze and other one is I have not seen myself in the list of daily top profit even though I dis several times decent profits. This could affect visibility and popularity. I will be thankful if the Dukascopy fixes theses technical issues. Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Points Reporting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011, 14:15 

rahulkghosh wrote:
I think for performance and pips expert it would be better if points were reported based on a statistical distribution. An example, we go based on SD away from average of traders that are positive in that category. For instance, if 1 SD is 500 pips. Someone who gets 3000 pips should have double the points as someone who gets 1500 pips. This way, people who perform at the extremes are rewarded.

It will bring even more gambling to contest and make it completely remote from real life.

Post subject: Re: I cannot close my position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011, 16:11 

helen wrote:
i sell eur/usd,but my tp donot work,i cannot close it.please help me thankyou.
Nickname: helen

Please specify exactly the position ID and order IDs you consider to behave improperly. Report directly to [email protected]

You can always close a position manually at any time. Right click on it in the "Positions" tab of the platform and select the "Close position" option.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com