Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: edit pending orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 11:56 

User rating: -
Count it as cancel+new order if you must, but let me EDIT a pending order (you'll even get to keep a meaningful message instead of 'reenter' or 'modified').

Post subject: Re: Hello Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 14:12 

User rating: 8
Dieselfx wrote:
Hello Dukascopy,

Maybe in the next contest will be included at StopLoss at Entry point button ...to protect the account

Could you please elaborate further on your proposal? What exactly do you imply by the "Entry point button"? In fact, the stop loss is always set at the point of order creation. It is impossible to avoid it in the contest platform.

You may also send your proposals and requests to [email protected] in order to have a direct communication.

Post subject: not able to find my name in the list Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 14:21 

i am not able to find my name in the list

Post subject: Re: edit pending orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 14:23 

Guest wrote:
Count it as cancel+new order if you must, but let me EDIT a pending order (you'll even get to keep a meaningful message instead of 'reenter' or 'modified').

We doubt that allowing to edit pending orders will lead to an increase in justifications' soundness. If your reasoning has changed, that signifies that a new order is to be created. One may equally write a more meaningfull message instead of of 'reenter' or 'modified' when creating the updated order.

Post subject: Re: not able to find my name in the list Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 14:38 

amitbagade wrote:
i am not able to find my name in the list

Please contact us on [email protected] with more details. Please provide us with your registration data so that we could identify you.

Post subject: Re: Hello Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 15:17 

User rating: 0
Contest Support wrote:
Dieselfx wrote:
Hello Dukascopy,

Maybe in the next contest will be included at StopLoss at Entry point button ...to protect the account

Could you please elaborate further on your proposal? What exactly do you imply by the "Entry point button"? In fact, the stop loss is always set at the point of order creation. It is impossible to avoid it in the contest platform.

You may also send your proposals and requests to [email protected] in order to have a direct communication.

I am speaking for an already open position...

Since I cant change the SL (always something can intervine: fundamentals and so on) and the only option I have is to close before TP set or hit my SL which are both bad,
if it goes >=40pips I Should be able to use "Break even" (means that smt goes bad i will be out of trouble) to protect the equity account and also keeping intact my TP/SL ratio 1.5 and higher - another condition in the contest - (Tokyo Session can hunt SL-es really bad and I can't monitor 24h) .....my sugestion is that it should be a simple button to do so, more easier and it's a healthy habbit, for most traders.

Regards

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 15:25 

looks like the 5 mil. limitation in the middle of the month is not right. There is no way to "compete" in the performance area , traders that have used more than 5 mil in the first 11 days.
please reconsider your desision, or adjust ALL trades above 5 mil , as they where 5 mil.

thanks

p.s the logical is to start month 3 with this rule.

Post subject: Stop loss & Take a profit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 17:04 

If is that possible that you allow us to change take a profit and stop loss at least twice, instead of loss our trades with the stop loss or cancel our trades because the market can change the course any time since you know we don't know What is ahead, just for safety purposes.
Some times you have a trade that goes in the right direction with some profits already and then you have to go, and market change and for some reason you are no there to watch your trade all the way. I think the purpose of the take stop loss is moving it at profit side area, That way I would feel that I am a professional trader.

Post subject: Re: Stop loss & Take a profit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 17:16 

Cactis wrote:
If is that possible that you allow us to change take a profit and stop loss at least twice, instead of loss our trades with the stop loss or cancel our trades because the market can change the course any time since you know we don't know What is ahead, just for safety purposes.
Some times you have a trade that goes in the right direction with some profits already and then you have to go, and market change and for some reason you are no there to watch your trade all the way. I think the purpose of the take stop loss is moving it at profit side area, That way I would feel that I am a professional trader.

Same with the take a profit allow us to change it.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 21:32 

There should be limit for position size.

I think is ridiculous when people are trading 10 million.

Dukas should limit it to no more than 2% to really see the right peformance rather than pure plunging and gambling.

Post subject: Search Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 21:38 

If is that possible that you put a Search Icon so The Traders can find each other quickly, so they can communicate, and do What we supposed to do, Is hard already to find each other, we are already more that 500 and at this pace will be more than 1000 before the end of this month, so be prepare.

Post subject: Ranking Calculation Rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 22:49 

Performance - Real increase of capital. If is possible, The People that end in the profit side of the contest is barely over the 11% and I think that they DESERVE at least 100% Performance if they are in the profit side and done the 10 trades.
I am no coming here to tell you how to run the business, but I am part of it. So this is my suggestion.-
1.-Performance 100% for the people in the profit side, What I think is the main purpose of every trader, every where in the world in any environment. (Currencies, Commodities etc.)
2.-Wherever increase of the Capital in Thousands, Let's say one trader end it up with 220,745.00 so the he will have his bonus of 120 points in which Dukascopy will not be able to override because his expertise and change the real winner, I think the expertise of Dukascopy will be very valuable, but not at a degree
that degrade the positivity of trades of a good Trader only because the trader is not able to communicate or trade the way that Duskacopy want it. The trader anyway will do the best to win the contest following the rules as close as possible and the trader will trade they way that had been taught which I believe is a lack of performance Experts' evaluation of the forecasts quality. than only very few people have.
The trader is communicating him self with a good trades and good profits. I don't see any better communication than that.

Post subject: Performance, Pips Expert & Popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 01:16 

Is that Possible that the Trades that have not reach the 10TH trade, yet, The Performance, Pips Expert & Popularity will be hide until the Completion of the Second Rule, That is 10 Trades. That way will be a lot of surprises throughout the life of the contest.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 01:34 

Hi!
In my opinion it would not be bad to allow for future stages of thethe contest partial retention volumes and transfer orders to limit losses in the area of the break-even. It's provided many trading systems.
Regards, Vladislav

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 09:26 

Erric1 wrote:
looks like the 5 mil. limitation in the middle of the month is not right. There is no way to "compete" in the performance area , traders that have used more than 5 mil in the first 11 days.
please reconsider your desision, or adjust ALL trades above 5 mil , as they where 5 mil.

thanks

p.s the logical is to start month 3 with this rule.

Performance is only 25% of the total score. You may refer to the previous month's results to see that outstanding performance is not a direct was to a winning place. Pip expert, popularity compliance to the factors assesses in the Dukascopy evaluation bring you 75% of the score.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 09:36 

Guest wrote:
There should be limit for position size.

I think is ridiculous when people are trading 10 million.

Dukas should limit it to no more than 2% to really see the right performance rather than pure plunging and gambling.

We already limited the max lot size to 5 million currency units in order to constrain "gambling".
A position that composes only 2% of your leverage is not an example of real trading and is an unreasonably strict limitation.

Post subject: Re: Search Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 09:38 

Cactis wrote:
If is that possible that you put a Search Icon so The Traders can find each other quickly, so they can communicate, and do What we supposed to do, Is hard already to find each other, we are already more that 500 and at this pace will be more than 1000 before the end of this month, so be prepare.

Thank you for you suggestion. We will take it into consideration for further improvements.

Post subject: Re: Ranking Calculation Rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 09:55 

Cactis wrote:
Performance - Real increase of capital. If is possible, The People that end in the profit side of the contest is barely over the 11% and I think that they DESERVE at least 100% Performance if they are in the profit side and done the 10 trades.
I am no coming here to tell you how to run the business, but I am part of it. So this is my suggestion.-
1.-Performance 100% for the people in the profit side, What I think is the main purpose of every trader, every where in the world in any environment. (Currencies, Commodities etc.)
2.-Wherever increase of the Capital in Thousands, Let's say one trader end it up with 220,745.00 so the he will have his bonus of 120 points in which Dukascopy will not be able to override because his expertise and change the real winner, I think the expertise of Dukascopy will be very valuable, but not at a degree
that degrade the positivity of trades of a good Trader only because the trader is not able to communicate or trade the way that Duskacopy want it. The trader anyway will do the best to win the contest following the rules as close as possible and the trader will trade they way that had been taught which I believe is a lack of performance Experts' evaluation of the forecasts quality. than only very few people have.
The trader is communicating him self with a good trades and good profits. I don't see any better communication than that.

Please refer to the contest rules (https://www.dukascopy.com/tradercontest/ ... ntestrules)

You will see that scores are attributed not relying on the absolute figures, but on the basis of your ranks in every particular category in comparison with the competitors.
What refers to communication: a good trade and a good profit is supposed to be a result of an analysis or some judgments that might be interesting to follow and learn for other participants. That is exactly what to want the traders to communicate.

Lastly, we stress once again: Performance is important, but it is neither the most important, nor the only evaluation factor in this contest.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 11:11 

Hi Support,
I had read the rule and not so understand on the "pip expert" calculation.
Is it related to numbers of trade each month?

Can you quote some calculation example?

Thanks........

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011, 12:59 

Guest wrote:
Hi Support,
I had read the rule and not so understand on the "pip expert" calculation.
Is it related to numbers of trade each month?

Can you quote some calculation example?

Thanks........

Pip expert is an evaluation factor which is to offset the effects of different gearing used by different contestants in their trading. It takes into account only the pips you gained/lost on a trade, irrespectively of the position size.
As you might have seen from the rules, each pip gained on the “base” EUR/USD trade brings you one point. Pips gained/lost on other currency pairs are adjusted to a common standard according to the pip conversion schedule (see rules). All your gained/lost pips are summed together. This sum is your pips score. Than all traders are sorted by this parameter and the leading 92 receive their “Pip expert” points in accordance with their rank.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com