Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Jan, 2011, 14:29 

User rating: 8
Grizzly wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Good afternoon. I have a question: corresponds to the (same) quality of execution of orders in real trade and in contest??

The execution in the contest is 100% identical to the one available in the regular Dukascopy demo accounts. The price feed and conditions are the same.

Thank you for your reply.
I ran into a situation where the stop loss did not work for a long time. What could be the reason for this?

In the forum you can not add attachments?

Attachments are not possible in the forum. You may write also to "contest (at) dukascopy.com" if you have some issue of unclarities.
As for the execution process, it is recommended to address the Wiki of our website - https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/index.php ... Principles

You may find many valuable information and explanations there.

Post subject: SL inférieur à 10 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 07 Jan, 2011, 23:08 

User rating: -
j'ai exécuté plusieurs trades avec un stop lose inférieur à 10 au début du concours
Est-ce que je suis définitivement hors jeu pour le mois de janvier pour avoir enfreint cette règle

Post subject: registration info Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 08 Jan, 2011, 12:57 

Hi, is there anyway to change my registration info? or i can enter my exact info in case i will be ont of the winners? thanks

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 09 Jan, 2011, 19:24 

Hello Dukascopy,
I appreciate your rules for the contest. But please tell me why entering and leaving the market at marketprices is worth less than entering by limit and leaving by TP. Markets are fast these days. And I think one should honor fast decisions by the trader if the market is not going into the direction he predicted half an hour earlier. A trader has to be smart - as smart as the smart money. So why hang on to a limit if the market changes quickly? Just to have a better review? I don´t think so.
Best regards, Detreda

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 09:28 

Me again...

This morning the platform opened 2 trades simultanously. It is a Windows XP environment. Are there any problems known concerning this? Well, there are worse things in this world - but a SL with a doubled position I didn´t want might be hard, if it will happen frequently...

Best regards! Detreda

Post subject: Re: registration info Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 09:47 

Sculper wrote:
Hi, is there anyway to change my registration info? or i can enter my exact info in case i will be ont of the winners? thanks

Yes, it is possible to change it. Currently we do it from our system upon your request, however the "Edit my information" functionality for traders is already on the way and, provisionally, will be implemented within the 2nd part of January.

You are required to enter your exact and true information when you register for the trading contest. On the basis of this data accounts are opened in case of an an eventual win. Otherwise, if we find that the information indicated in the registration form does not correspond to reality, the winning position may be canceled.

Please expect a message from us with the further details on how to change your registration information.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 11:07 

Detreda wrote:
Hello Dukascopy,
I appreciate your rules for the contest. But please tell me why entering and leaving the market at marketprices is worth less than entering by limit and leaving by TP. Markets are fast these days. And I think one should honor fast decisions by the trader if the market is not going into the direction he predicted half an hour earlier. A trader has to be smart - as smart as the smart money. So why hang on to a limit if the market changes quickly? Just to have a better review? I don´t think so.
Best regards, Detreda

We do understand that none of the rules' editions won't satisfy the expectations of all traders. That is normal and inevitable. We try our best to be flexible, though.
What refers to the share of positions opened by pending order and share of positions closed by market: the rationale is that we value forecasts to which traders adhere to. Nobody restricts a trader from opening by market and from closing at it. We simply stress that in the framework of the present contest we particularly appreciate positions opened/closed by deferred orders as a sign of trading strategy's solidity and consistency.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 11:10 

Detreda wrote:
Me again...

This morning the platform opened 2 trades simultanously. It is a Windows XP environment. Are there any problems known concerning this? Well, there are worse things in this world - but a SL with a doubled position I didn´t want might be hard, if it will happen frequently...

Best regards! Detreda

The situation you are describing is due to the over-the-weekend leverage, which is applied every Friday at 18:00 GMT and lasts until the market opening on Sunday. The weekend leverage is 1:30 and is standard for all Dukascopy accounts.

For more details please see the margin requirements: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... ts/margin/

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 11:21 

Contest Support wrote:
Detreda wrote:
Me again...

Best regards! Detreda

The situation you are describing is due to the over-the-weekend leverage, which is applied every Friday at 18:00 GMT and lasts until the market opening on Sunday. The weekend leverage is 1:30 and is standard for all Dukascopy accounts.

For more details please see the margin requirements: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... ts/margin/

Hello Dukascopy,

sorry, but this theory doesn´t fit. These trades were opened today morning while regular trading hours. If you review my trades you will find 2 SL. These positions were exactly opened at the same time. 1 click - 2 positions opened. Maybe its just a miracle. And by the way: I would have asked the same question if they had hit the TP.

Best regards! Detreda

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 20:47 

Quote:

Hello Dukascopy,

sorry, but this theory doesn´t fit. These trades were opened today morning while regular trading hours. If you review my trades you will find 2 SL. These positions were exactly opened at the same time. 1 click - 2 positions opened. Maybe its just a miracle. And by the way: I would have asked the same question if they had hit the TP.

Best regards! Detreda

Please provide us with the position IDs either here in the forum or per Mail to "contest (at) dukascopy.com".

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 22:12 

Contest Support wrote:
Detreda wrote:
Hello Dukascopy,
Best regards, Detreda

We do understand that none of the rules' editions won't satisfy the expectations of all traders. That is normal and inevitable. We try our best to be flexible, though.
What refers to the share of positions opened by pending order and share of positions closed by market: the rationale is that we value forecasts to which traders adhere to. Nobody restricts a trader from opening by market and from closing at it. We simply stress that in the framework of the present contest we particularly appreciate positions opened/closed by deferred orders as a sign of trading strategy's solidity and consistency.

The rationale is flawed in the sense that a tiny 10 pip T/P is a) much easier to adhere to, b) is much more probable to hit (high win%) and c) will produce a much higher percentage of "exited by order" trades (instead of at the market) - pipsers are thus favored in the competition. However pipsing, as you probably know, has no relation to forecasting whatsoever (in fact it goes contrary as it is very easy to score 10 pips without any forecasting at all - you can even open a hedged position, if rules allowed that, and both 10 pip T/Ps would probably be hit within the day) so if the idea is to reward *forecasts* then current rules certainly do not do that.

Also if you're looking for signs of a trading strategy's solidity and consistency, number of trades opened/closed by pending orders is probably not a good metric since pipsers usually employ small T/Ps and large S/Ls. Thereby they get high win percentages, high percentage of closed-by-order trades, lots of +1 votes (due to a large number of trades) and in general score really well. However a single S/L hit wipes them out, solidly and consistently. If that's the idea of "solid and consistent" that you were referring to and are trying to measure, then the rules are just fine I suppose...... If however you're trying to measure long term profitability, then the metric, as it is, probably has little merit (if any at all). :roll:

Post subject: nationality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011, 23:42 

hi, last month my nationality was displayed correctly. this month it is wrong. i live/reside in germany, but my nationality is greek. how come this display has changed??? now my nickname shows a german flag. last month it was greek.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011, 02:27 

Hi Support,
Any trading limit per trade? Is it 5 million of base currency?

Because recently I saw the contest checkup video had mentioned it but lot of contestant trade with volume above 5 million.

Please help to clarify.........

Post subject: Re: nationality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011, 08:33 

skytrader wrote:
hi, last month my nationality was displayed correctly. this month it is wrong. i live/reside in germany, but my nationality is greek. how come this display has changed??? now my nickname shows a german flag. last month it was greek.

As you may have noticed, we slightly amended the registration form. Namely, we simplified it and left only one field related to location or national identity - the field "Country". Beforehand, participants also had to fill in fields like "Nationality" and "Country of residence". That created confusion and we left only one field, where you are supposed to mention the country where you reside.
Previously, the flags shown next to the trader's login were based on the field "nationality". Now they're based on "Country". In your case these two differed, which lead to such a switch.

Please let us know if you want us to change your country from Germany to Greece.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011, 08:35 

Guest wrote:
Hi Support,

Because recently I saw the contest checkup video had mentioned it but lot of contestant trade with volume above 5 million.

The limit is not yet implemented. It will become active as soon as we implement the respective validation in the contest platform. Once done, it will be impossible to create orders of more than 5 mio currency base units.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011, 12:59 

User rating: 0
I am of the opinion that the new limit should be implemented as of 1 february since some of us will not be able to compete with the current leader with 5m lots or break even over 100k equity.

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hi Support,

The limit is not yet implemented. It will become active as soon as we implement the respective validation in the contest platform. Once done, it will be impossible to create orders of more than 5 mio currency base units.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011, 15:09 

fx100 wrote:
I am of the opinion that the new limit should be implemented as of 1 february since some of us will not be able to compete with the current leader with 5m lots or break even over 100k equity.

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hi Support,

A 5 mio trade represents up to 50% of the full leverage (basing on the default 100.000 deposits), which is absolutely reasonable even to make a substantial gain.
Regarding the competition with the current performance leaders, you do not have to worry. Performance is only 25% of the total result and does not affect the remaining 75% of the score.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011, 21:43 

Hello Dukascopy ,

I am unable to launch the aplication at this time. Are there any technical updates on the platform ?

Post subject: Hello Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 00:11 

User rating: 0
Hello Dukascopy,

Maybe in the next contest will be included at StopLoss at Entry point button ...to protect the account

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011, 09:40 

Guest wrote:
Hello Dukascopy ,

I am unable to launch the aplication at this time. Are there any technical updates on the platform ?

Hello,

please refer to the 3rd point of the FAQ section "Unable to launch application":

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=559

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com