Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Apr, 2011, 13:51 

User rating: 8
CsabiFX wrote:
Hello,
How is it possible to close a position manually (or if it is not possible, according to the contest rule, then what is the meaning of "share of position closed by TP/SL").

Thanks.
Csaba

Yes, it is possible to close a position manually. No restriction in that respect.

Hence, as you see, in this light the "Share of position closed by TP/SL" appears to be quite a reasonable ratio, since we consider that the more the trader adheres to his initial prediction (i.e. positions get closed by reaching the TP/SL), the better it is.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Apr, 2011, 13:52 

Reply to Dark Vader:

That is the same issue we were referring to. We are aware of it. It will be fixed.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Apr, 2011, 13:55 

User rating: -
Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dear support!
I've got the question concerning the avatar changing. I've changed the avatar in my profile but when I'm in the contest area the avatar I've changed is not appeared... What should I do?

Best regards.

Hi I have the same problem
I tried to load gif picture, jpg, jpeg, bmp and wait for one day an hour, ten minutes, nothing helped I still don't see my avatar..... what I did wrong???? :o :shock:

There is indeed an issue with changing profile pictures. During the first upload it works correctly, but during an attempt to change it it may not accept the new picture. We are aware about the issue and it already in the list for fixing.

We apologize for the temporary inconveniences.

I uploaded my picture just once and I still don't see my avatar. And I am waiting for a week. So I think it doesn't matter if you upload Avatar picture just once or many times.

Post subject: Popularity-a joke? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 22 Apr, 2011, 06:20 

I have written before about the controversial "popularity" points and my comment was not published.is it a holly cow at Dukascopy.I would not comment again about that but at least make it 10-15 % at the most in the general evaluation of a trder.Thank you!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 22 Apr, 2011, 10:23 

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dear support!
I've got the question concerning the avatar changing. I've changed the avatar in my profile but when I'm in the contest area the avatar I've changed is not appeared... What should I do?

Best regards.

I tried to load gif picture, jpg, jpeg, bmp and wait for one day an hour, ten minutes, nothing helped I still don't see my avatar..... what I did wrong???? :o :shock:

There is indeed an issue with changing profile pictures. During the first upload it works correctly, but during an attempt to change it it may not accept the new picture. We are aware about the issue and it already in the list for fixing.

hello everybody
I can see you have also problems with Avatar picture uploading. Did you managed to view the picture? Unfortunately despite I uploaded my picture anything happened, I still don't see the avatar.

Did I do something wrong or there are some restrictions? like only some picture formats and certain picture sizes are allowed ? :o

thank you
for your help
have a nice day

Post subject: Re: question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 23 Apr, 2011, 11:29 

CsabiFX wrote:
Hello,
How is it possible to close a position manually (or if it is not possible, according to the contest rule, then what is the meaning of "share of position closed by TP/SL").

Thanks.
Csaba

you must click on the row with position in trading platform, check the box on the very left side and right click on the row so that it become blue and in menu choose close position and than you have to write why you closed position.
thats it

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 23 Apr, 2011, 11:35 

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dear support!

Best regards.

I uploaded my picture just once and I still don't see my avatar. And I am waiting for a week. So I think it doesn't matter if you upload Avatar picture just once or many times.

Hi I am new here,

also uploaded just one picture of my lucky grandfather's golden coin, just once, not repeatedly and unfortunately do not see my golden coin.
I am afraid all my luck will disappear if I cannot touch my lucky golden coin everytime I go into trade.

Otherwise I have to say, all other things are functioning, everything is very nice done. especially I like watching trades of winners and I try to repeat their trades in my tiny small real account with very little money amounts.

thanks
Mitsumoto Haraki

Post subject: Blog does not work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 24 Apr, 2011, 19:42 

Hey guys, i just tried to add new free comment and nothing happened.

Post subject: i donot know how i calculate the tp and st Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2011, 17:27 

pls explain coz i donot get it . what is the 2% issue ?

pls some 1 answer

Post subject: One Position Rule for Strategy Contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Apr, 2011, 00:09 

The strategy contest disclaimer says you can only be in one position.

How is a position defined?

If I'm long USD/JPY $200,000 and do another trade buy USD/JPY $100,000. Is the counted as one position for $300,000 or is it two positions, one for $200,000 and another $100,000?

Regardng the 20 trades, are these 10 roundtrip trades or just 10 buy and 10 sells? In other words, does there have to exist 10 instances where I become flat?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Apr, 2011, 04:13 

Support wrote:
Trader Contest

I have uploaded photo for avatar, but shows when I want to change profile only, and not when profile page is open or when I make comments etc...???

kind regards and thx
debbie

Post subject: Re: One Position Rule for Strategy Contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Apr, 2011, 10:59 

DEMOCXVTEj wrote:
The strategy contest disclaimer says you can only be in one position.

How is a position defined?

If I'm long USD/JPY $200,000 and do another trade buy USD/JPY $100,000. Is the counted as one position for $300,000 or is it two positions, one for $200,000 and another $100,000?

Regardng the 20 trades, are these 10 roundtrip trades or just 10 buy and 10 sells? In other words, does there have to exist 10 instances where I become flat?

Another trade is a margin call trade that means your account will be disqualified at the end of the month. Margin Call means automatic disqualification in the contest.

Regarding the amount of trades, you need to have 10 positions at least. It does not matter how many sells or buys.

Post subject: Strategy status stuck in pending Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 01 May, 2011, 23:33 

Hello,

I have uploaded/submitted my strategy but the status is stuck in pending.

Could someone explain why this is happening?

Thx

Post subject: account inactive Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 May, 2011, 05:45 

To support:
Account of bezalex (ID 257598) in trader contest is still inactive. Please,activate it.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 May, 2011, 06:11 

User rating: 0
Is there an ETA for the remaining inactive accounts?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 May, 2011, 10:01 

User rating: 0
Greygoose wrote:
Is there an ETA for the remaining inactive accounts?

Yep my still inactive too...

nick : LinnuxFX

Thanks

Post subject: log in details nor recieved Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 May, 2011, 11:27 

hello
i have registered for trader contest for this month but not received log in details

Post subject: Violate the rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 May, 2011, 10:32 

Skytrader's perform is very perfect. But can you see that he violate the rules, he put SL to negative. I don't wanna offense someone, but it will make other trader follow him, and surely, it isn't fair for trader who obey the rules. His statistic will be perfect (100 % share closed)..
Every traders see his trading, and they will follow him if dukascopy don't give punishment for him. Why did you give punishment for Bakosa (february, bakosa got banned for the same violate) if you don't punish Skytrader??
I'm sorry, I don't wanna offense Skytrader, but he is wrong.

Post subject: Re: Violate the rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 May, 2011, 22:24 

N/A wrote:
Skytrader's perform is very perfect. But can you see that he violate the rules, he put SL to negative. I don't wanna offense someone, but it will make other trader follow him, and surely, it isn't fair for trader who obey the rules. His statistic will be perfect (100 % share closed)..
Every traders see his trading, and they will follow him if dukascopy don't give punishment for him. Why did you give punishment for Bakosa (february, bakosa got banned for the same violate) if you don't punish Skytrader??
I'm sorry, I don't wanna offense Skytrader, but he is wrong.

...i think it's not Skytrader's fault and he isn't the only one using it...but you are right that the new SL rule is kind of misleading :? ...
if you wanna close the trade before TP is hit you now have 2 options:

1. just close the trade manually and get a negative evaluation for the trade :(
2. just move the SL near the desired target and get a positive evaluation for the trade.. :)

so i guess everybody will choose option 2 now ;)

i think Dukascopy has to work over the new SL rule...

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 04 May, 2011, 05:34 

I have finished 8th in April, but I am not clearly understand what to do next? Am I to wait for further instructions or maybe I need to open an accout and contact the support team?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com