Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!!
 Post subject: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Aug, 2012, 18:31 

User rating: 0
I AM FACING LOTS OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR JAVA BASED CHARTS. I am a participant of the Demo Trade Contest. Every month I get a new password to participate in the contest. Following are the genuine complaints:

1. As usual, at the beginning of the month, when I log in to your Java based Platform, everything looks normal. The moment I open a currency chart with the Weekly, Daily, 4 Hours, 30 Minutes, and 5 Minutes Time Frames of at least 4 Currency Pairs, everything starts becoming extremely sticky (does not respond to the mouse clicks as normal). It appears totally non-workable.

2. When I start loading Technical Indicators, it appears that the platform is gradually becoming much, much older than a 70 years old human being which requires more all day caring. Nothing is responsive with a single click of a mouse and the Key Board Tabs also.

3. Due to this slow functioning, it takes at least 5 minutes to load a single Technical indicator. By this time my entry point at all the trades pass away very easily. Apart from it, making comments for each order entry adds fuel to the fire along with your already mentioned 10 points slippage.

Sometimes, I really doubt that all these events of the technical problems are deliberately inserted with the Java program in a Demo Contest!!! Please reply as to why do you do this?? I am also participating in some other Demo Trade Contests. There also I find the problem of re-quotes, late placement of orders and the likes. There is another company where I have found that it trades against the participants who they find is on a winning streak.

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Fri 31 Aug, 2012, 12:36 

User rating: 2
Dear 4xkishore.

Good Luck

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Sep, 2012, 17:10 

use other free charts, like those from FXCM. Use the java client only for order entries.

yes, the platform is a little awkward to use. I wonder why do they just adopt T4 etc.

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 07 Sep, 2012, 08:43 

User rating: 2
4xkishore wrote:
I AM FACING LOTS OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR JAVA BASED CHARTS. I am a participant of the Demo Trade Contest. Every month I get a new password to participate in the contest. Following are the genuine complaints:

1. As usual, at the beginning of the month, when I log in to your Java based Platform, everything looks normal. The moment I open a currency chart with the Weekly, Daily, 4 Hours, 30 Minutes, and 5 Minutes Time Frames of at least 4 Currency Pairs, everything starts becoming extremely sticky (does not respond to the mouse clicks as normal). It appears totally non-workable.

2. When I start loading Technical Indicators, it appears that the platform is gradually becoming much, much older than a 70 years old human being which requires more all day caring. Nothing is responsive with a single click of a mouse and the Key Board Tabs also.

3. Due to this slow functioning, it takes at least 5 minutes to load a single Technical indicator. By this time my entry point at all the trades pass away very easily. Apart from it, making comments for each order entry adds fuel to the fire along with your already mentioned 10 points slippage.

Sometimes, I really doubt that all these events of the technical problems are deliberately inserted with the Java program in a Demo Contest!!! Please reply as to why do you do this?? I am also participating in some other Demo Trade Contests. There also I find the problem of re-quotes, late placement of orders and the likes. There is another company where I have found that it trades against the participants who they find is on a winning streak.

Hi,
I also experience similar problems.
I mean: when I have a lot of charts open, everything slow down. But this happens also with all other platforms I used in the past and sometimes still using. Actually i'm runnning 15charts without indicators, but sometimes i need to close some because of slow motion. This is not IMO due to Dukascopy, it is because of RAM, CPU etc in my pc. I don't mean that we have to buy a new pc, but also I don't think that all these problems are done by intention.
Furthermore, I think that this contest is done for something different than scalping. Best traders always had a strong % of trades >40pips..... a trade of more than 40pips don't need a perfect entry to the perfect pip.
Just my opinions :)

Wish you best of luck ;)

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 07 Sep, 2012, 22:29 

Well, well! Might be an issue of an exhausted WINDOWS (TM) operating system. Just create a NEW user account. Start your NEW desktop and do NOT install any 'rubbish', just keep your JAVA and browser updated. Start your JForex, only! A CLEAN environment helps in most cases. Good luck and happy trading!

(A wise man would suggest a UNIX based operating system, whatsoever) Cheers!

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012, 17:35 

User rating: 1
hi guys,

shutdown windows and use linux. that's resolv the problem of cpu ram :lol:.

it's a joke but do it ;).

I do not think the problem comes from the platform.if your platform turn correctly with one chart and becomes slower with multiple charts, it's your pc.

eric

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Sep, 2012, 02:39 

Thats about.

Java prog. and 15 charts open.. mhh you need a Cray for that.

I have only TWO charts opened in JForex, with few MAs and thats all.
I do my charting with MT4 (of course i do not trade over mt4 ;)

Post subject: Re: PLENTY OF PROBLEMS ON YOUR PLATFORM BASED ON THE JAVA PROGRAMMING!! EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO COMPETE!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Sep, 2012, 12:44 

I personally use a standard notebook (HP Pavilion with an Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce CUDA, Win7 + VritualBox UNIX guest, dual-boot UNIX OS). So, you do NOT need a super computer!

On Windows7 (please check screen shot) JFOREX can speedily run simultaneously with other applications.

1. JFOREX on JAVA Version 6 Update 35: 5 charts on notebook
2. and 9 charts on extended TFT screen
3. plus VritualBox UNIX guest (SUN OpenSolaris) 4 charts
4. plus various applications (web browser and Photoshop) ... see task bar. ;)

I repeat ... the issues are not on Java and JForex! An advise for all MS-Windows users out there ... please keep your operating system tidy or switch to a intelligent one. Even Apple OS is UNIX based! Think about it! ;) Happy trading everybody!
---
By the way Katakuja ... The entire supercomputers run on Linux (giggle). Cray is history ... let me keep you updated: IBM Sequoia is state of the art. Cheers, buddy!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com