Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

platform resetting sl/tp levels
 Post subject: platform resetting sl/tp levels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 23 May, 2011, 17:26 

User rating: -
This is the n-th time that my sl and/or tp has been reset by the platform to a level I did not set and consequently the trade has been exited.

Support, try this:

1. click on Entry, set LIMIT, sl and tp will be set as well
2. modify sl so that it's not at the level that was automatically set
3. click on limit (for tp) and select it and SL LEVEL GETS RESET

I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned, once I set the SL level the platform has NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER resetting it if I modify and fiddle with a TP level. It's extremely annoying and leads to stupid mistakes that the platform should NOT induce a trader to make.

Post subject: Re: platform resetting sl/tp levels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 25 May, 2011, 13:53 

User rating: 8
Guest wrote:
This is the n-th time that my sl and/or tp has been reset by the platform to a level I did not set and consequently the trade has been exited.

Support, try this:

I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned, once I set the SL level the platform has NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER resetting it if I modify and fiddle with a TP level. It's extremely annoying and leads to stupid mistakes that the platform should NOT induce a trader to make.

There is no need to click on the "Limit" button to set a TP in the case you refer to.

You only need to enter the desired TP level either manually or using the arrows next to the entry box. Hence, you will not get your SL settings reset

Post subject: Re: platform resetting sl/tp levels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 May, 2011, 00:18 

User rating: 0
Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:

Support, try this:

There is no need to click on the "Limit" button to set a TP in the case you refer to.

You only need to enter the desired TP level either manually or using the arrows next to the entry box. Hence, you will not get your SL settings reset

I know there isn't, but if you modify the entry order you might want the tp or sl order set to the preset distance while not modifying the other part (sl or tp). And for that clicking the limit or bid/ask (sl) button is the quickest way. Live does the correct thing and just resets the tp (or only the sl if you click there) whereas demo/contest platform does not (resets both).

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com