Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Sl and Tp
 Post subject: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Feb, 2011, 14:43 

User rating: -
Hello Dukascopy,
the rules,had the limit of TP/SL set up(<=2% EUR/USD opening price).

According to today's Euro opening, What is the maximum TP for today on single trade?

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 12:04 

User rating: 8
mammus wrote:
Hello Dukascopy,
the rules,had the limit of TP/SL set up(<=2% EUR/USD opening price).

According to today's Euro opening, What is the maximum TP for today on single trade?

You do not have to calculate that level on your own. A built in validation is available in the platform. As soon as you exceed the allowed limit, an informative message appears. The maximum threshold is indicated in there.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011, 12:42 

Hello. I have an open position and I want to modify the Stop Loss and Take Profit values , but I can't to do because that features are disabled in the platform.

Somebody know how to do those modifications?

Best regards from Argentina

(Excuse my bad English)

Jorge

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011, 16:22 

JIGtrader wrote:
Hello. I have an open position and I want to modify the Stop Loss and Take Profit values , but I can't to do because that features are disabled in the platform.

Somebody know how to do those modifications?

Best regards from Argentina

(Excuse my bad English)

Jorge

SL/TP modifications are forbidden and disabled in the platform. This is one of the primary rules of the contest. Please have a closer look at the rules and at the previous discussions in the forum.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Mar, 2011, 16:08 

a market order is possible that SL and TP to be the distance in PIPS
1.example BUY AUD/USD at 0.9800
SL -30 PIPS
TP 40 PIPS
Thank you

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2011, 12:51 

Guest wrote:
a market order is possible that SL and TP to be the distance in PIPS
1.example BUY AUD/USD at 0.9800
SL -30 PIPS
TP 40 PIPS
Thank you

Please clarify what exactly the question is. Is it possible to create a position with a 30 pips SL and 40 pips TP? Yes, sure. Since it satisfies the requirement on the minimal distance (which is 10 pips from the opening price) and it does not violate the 2% rule, which delimits the maximum distance from the opening price.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2011, 16:02 

Hello
1. When i open an orden market buy aud/usd 0.9800
I want to write TP 40 pips not 0.9840
I want to write SL -30 pips not 0.9730
It's possible?
2. Maximum to buy/sell it's 5 millions amount?
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 20 Mar, 2011, 22:29 

Timisoara wrote:
Hello
1. When i open an orden market buy aud/usd 0.9800
I want to write TP 40 pips not 0.9840
I want to write SL -30 pips not 0.9730
It's possible?
2. Maximum to buy/sell it's 5 millions amount?
Thank you.

1. No, it is impossible to define it like that. However, you can predefine those values in the platform preferences and then they will appear as a default SL/TP proposal when creating a trade.

2. Yes, that is right. 5 mio is the maximum trade amount.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Mar, 2011, 08:42 

Hi,

Is it correct that it's not possible to adjust the Tp and Sl when a position is already on it's way? My strategy uses rules that have my Sl adjusted to break even after a certain profit level is reached. Besides that I use a fixed Tp, only when the Tp is reached for 75% my Sl is adjusted to 50%. I think it's a fairdeal to allow for Sl to be adjusted when serious profits are made...

Thanks,

pb

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Mar, 2011, 08:23 

pb wrote:
Hi,

Is it correct that it's not possible to adjust the Tp and Sl when a position is already on it's way? My strategy uses rules that have my Sl adjusted to break even after a certain profit level is reached. Besides that I use a fixed Tp, only when the Tp is reached for 75% my Sl is adjusted to 50%. I think it's a fairdeal to allow for Sl to be adjusted when serious profits are made...

Thanks,

pb

Adjusting the SL in the direction of the trade is in our plans. Provisionally, it could be released in April.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Mar, 2011, 14:08 

Hello,

I have a StopLoss question. Can SL get hit (in demo) if SL is 2.13495 and price-high is 2.13446 (GBP/NZD).

Just wondering. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Mar, 2011, 13:59 

Guest wrote:
Hello,

I have a StopLoss question. Can SL get hit (in demo) if SL is 2.13495 and price-high is 2.13446 (GBP/NZD).

Just wondering. Thank you.

No. The SL gets triggered when the market price reaches the exact level set.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Apr, 2011, 10:56 

I think what SL and TP limitation levels are way to low- its hard to get good risk/reward ratio for medium term trades. If you suggest (in first paragraph of Recommendations) to user bigger TP than SL, thus limits for opening new trades should be different too. I suggest to set 2 times bigger limit for TP.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 06 Apr, 2011, 09:54 

specas wrote:
I think what SL and TP limitation levels are way to low- its hard to get good risk/reward ratio for medium term trades. If you suggest (in first paragraph of Recommendations) to user bigger TP than SL, thus limits for opening new trades should be different too. I suggest to set 2 times bigger limit for TP.

Our recommendations are not mandatory. They are supposed to indicate the ways on how to improve the Dukascopy evaluation points. However, if the trader deliberately chooses to ignore them - it is his own decision. He thus benevolently deteriorates his trading statistics and, ultimately, reduces the chances to receive a good Dukascopy evaluation.

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Apr, 2011, 14:22 

User rating: 5
Dear Support,

Are you planning to change the 2% rule? Would it be possible to increase this level? This is too low for medium term strategy with a good RR. For example, according my ichimoku strategy on 4 hours tf, I usually adjust the position size to the SL/TP level which are determined by the Kumo.

Best regards,
Kirilla

Post subject: Re: Sl and Tp Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Apr, 2011, 13:46 

Kirilla wrote:
Dear Support,

Are you planning to change the 2% rule? Would it be possible to increase this level? This is too low for medium term strategy with a good RR. For example, according my ichimoku strategy on 4 hours tf, I usually adjust the position size to the SL/TP level which are determined by the Kumo.

Best regards,
Kirilla

No, we do not have such plans so far. Please make a search in the forum - we've already clarified the groundings behind that rule in several topics.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com