Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Rules explanation
 Post subject: Rules explanation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 27 Mar, 2011, 21:46 

User rating: -
Hi,
i don't fully understand this rule:
Quote:
Take profit and Stop Loss levels should not exceed 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD. Limits for the rest instruments recalculating each settlement according to "Pip Conversion Schedule". E.g. Limits for AUD/JPY=(EUR/USD Points/AUD/JPY Points)*2%=1/1.74*2=1.15%; for EUR/NOK=(EUR/USD Points/EUR/NOK Points)*2%=1/0.17*2=11.76%, etc.

Is this mean that i can't set to big SLs and TPs? which exceeds 2% change of currency rate? so for example i can't set TP for EUR/USD bigger than 2% * 1,4087 = 0,02817 so 281 pips?
could clearify this issue for me?

Post subject: Re: Rules explanation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Mar, 2011, 10:03 

User rating: 8
delaGhetto wrote:
Hi,
i don't fully understand this rule:
Quote:
Take profit and Stop Loss levels should not exceed 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD. Limits for the rest instruments recalculating each settlement according to "Pip Conversion Schedule". E.g. Limits for AUD/JPY=(EUR/USD Points/AUD/JPY Points)*2%=1/1.74*2=1.15%; for EUR/NOK=(EUR/USD Points/EUR/NOK Points)*2%=1/0.17*2=11.76%, etc.

Is this mean that i can't set to big SLs and TPs? which exceeds 2% change of currency rate? so for example i can't set TP for EUR/USD bigger than 2% * 1,4087 = 0,02817 so 281 pips?
could clearify this issue for me?

Yes, you understood the rule correctly.
You do not have to calculate it before every trade, though. An automatic validation is built in the platform. You will see a warning message if you try to create an order violating those requirements.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com