Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contest Basic
 Post subject: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 16 Feb, 2011, 23:14 

User rating: 0
I apologize if this question will sound unusual, but I am new here so forgive me: How many times you can participate in the contest, is there a limit, if the participant is not among the top 10?

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011, 16:42 

User rating: 8
Dar-S wrote:
I apologize if this question will sound unusual, but I am new here so forgive me: How many times you can participate in the contest, is there a limit, if the participant is not among the top 10?

There is no limit on the number of times you can participate in the contest. Irrespectively on the position you occupy at the end of the month, you can always have another try. Moreover, we encourage traders to continue their participation during the year. We are currently considering the introduction of the "Trader of the year" award for the contest traders. The award might provisionally be awarded basing on the number of points the contestant gained during the monthly competitions. Thus, your consistent performance during the monthly contests might pay back.

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011, 07:50 

User rating: -
Hello Dukascopy,

With reference to the rule below;

The winners may withdraw cash prize amounts from their respective live accounts after meeting the following minimum turnover requirements on these live accounts:
1st place - 10 million USD
2nd-3rd places - 5 million USD
4th-6th places - 2 million USD
7th-10th places - 1 million USD

does the rule imply that the winners of $5000 can only be allowed to withdraw their winnings after making $10 million from the prize money? thanks.

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011, 11:03 

User rating: 0
lol

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011, 12:17 

The rule refers to the traded volume in the winners' accounts. The traded volume (not the profit) must be above the minimum turnover requirement before winners may withdraw cash prizes.

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 26 Feb, 2011, 21:12 

Contest Support wrote:
The rule refers to the traded volume in the winners' accounts. The traded volume (not the profit) must be above the minimum turnover requirement before winners may withdraw cash prizes.

Do you mean i have to make 10million USD before i can withdraw the reward for 5000$.sHowever, wthere will the 495,000usd be? Will it be for the company or mine?

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Feb, 2011, 14:24 

Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:

Do you mean i have to make 10million USD before i can withdraw the reward for 5000$.sHowever, wthere will the 495,000usd be? Will it be for the company or mine?

5,000 is the 1st prize without leverage (net equity deposited on the account).

10 mio turnover is counted already including the leverage (1:100). The turnover is the aggregate sum of the trades you made. As soon as you do your 10 mio turnover, you may withdraw the equity in any quantity (within the sum available on the account, of course). If during the turnover made you managed to raise your account, you may withdraw the whole sum, not only 5,000$.

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2011, 14:40 

Contest Support wrote:

There is no limit on the number of times you can participate in the contest. Irrespectively on the position you occupy at the end of the month, you can always have another try. Moreover, we encourage traders to continue their participation during the year. We are currently considering the introduction of the "Trader of the year" award for the contest traders. The award might provisionally be awarded basing on the number of points the contestant gained during the monthly competitions. Thus, your consistent performance during the monthly contests might pay back.

does this mean winners in the past can join the contest and win again?

Post subject: Re: Contest Basic Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 20 Mar, 2011, 22:24 

jaobedoza wrote:
Contest Support wrote:

does this mean winners in the past can join the contest and win again?

Yes.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com