Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

remote run on Dukas server
 Post subject: remote run on Dukas server Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Feb, 2021, 20:54 

User rating: 2
Could somebody inform me the pros and cons of running a strategy on the Dukas server please

I understand the latency aspect

1) how much code needs to be rewritten with regard to messaging and using a logger ?

Bob M

Post subject: Re: remote run on Dukas server Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Jun, 2021, 22:23 

User rating: 1
very simple - if you run Local then yes there is potentially the Latency issues, but MUCH more importantly if running Local then if your PC/laptop or ISP/WiFi/Network is disrupted or goes down then you have lost control of your Open trades. Could be expensive !!
I always write all code so it will run Remote - that means you can't attach to a Chart and you need to rely on Dukas Strategy Logs for logging info/debugging if needed.
Of course while you are just playing & experimenting on DEMO then maybe you don't care.
You can make decisions in your code depending when you running LOCAL or REMOTE against LIVE, or DEMO, or backTest:

if (engine.getType() == IEngine.Type.LIVE) {account_Type = "live";}
if (engine.getType() == IEngine.Type.DEMO) {account_Type = "demo";}
if (engine.getType() == IEngine.Type.TEST) {account_Type = "test";}
if (engine.getRunMode() == IEngine.RunMode.LOCAL) {run_Type = "local";}
if (engine.getRunMode() == IEngine.RunMode.REMOTE) {run_Type = "remote";}

boolean DemoLocalRun = account_Type.equals("demo") && run_Type.equals("local");
if (DemoLocalRun) {setupChart(); setupOutputFile();}

Post subject: Re: remote run on Dukas server Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Mar, 2022, 01:45 

User rating: 2
Thank you for your advice

Bob M

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com