Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contest back after long time off
 Post subject: Contest back after long time off Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Mar, 2016, 23:33 

User rating: 4
I haver received a few emails mentioning I should come back because the contest is better and also that non visual JForex strategies had a better chance to win prizes.

Here is my take on current contest:
- the server looks lot more stable
- can now re-start strategies
the 2 points above are really great news and will certainly help reduce frustration :)

Now about non viual JForex strategies having a better chance to win prizes: the new point system does not help at all: the only non visual JForex is currently ranked 5 and would be first with the 10 points that other guys have.

Frankly I did not mind that to promote Visual JForex some bonus points were granted but now think its time that the bonus points are fully removed so that people who actually enjoy coding can participate in a fair contest... Let people decide what they want to run I believe you would still have a lot of people still running visual stuff and people will be able to look at some nice piece of code (maybe :))

Anyway bit disappointed that I have received an email which does not really fully reflect the contest situation....

Post subject: Re: Contest back after long time off Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Apr, 2016, 09:30 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello

Thank You for feedback. We are working on balancing evaluation methods.
In the nearest feature Visual bonus might be decreased.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com