Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

cloned strategy with error
 Post subject: cloned strategy with error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Sep, 2014, 09:33 

User rating: 2
Hi

Recently I have cloned a strategy - changed the currency-pair and a few other details.
95% of the coding is identical
Part of the coding is involved with a lookback at the last 6 hours at the 1-hour bars and retrieving information

I am running both strategies in different DEMO platforms
The original strategy is working fine but the cloned second strategy has the following error.............

The error message is a NullPointer Exception pointing to the following line of code which starts with Logger............

barList = GetBars();
} catch (java.text.ParseException ex) {
Logger.getLogger(us_copiosus.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
}

Any ideas on where I should look to find the gremlin?

Bob M

Post subject: Re: cloned strategy with error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Sep, 2014, 21:34 

User rating: 164
Is that an option to show the actual strategies? This code snippet could be the place for the NPE, but without the rest, it is hard to locate the issue.

If the strategy is confidential, maybe try to create a simplified strategy out of it, without the actual decision making system.

Or drop a mail to [email protected] with the strategies included. They can analyze the issue...

Post subject: Re: cloned strategy with error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Sep, 2014, 00:46 

User rating: 2
Hi tcsabina

Now both strategies are bombing out at the same code line!

As the original strategy has been OK for weeks, I suspect the problem is with Dukascopy

I shall wait for another couple of attempts and if the error persists I shall contact support

Regards

Bob M
Dunedin
New Zealand

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com