Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Copyright claim
 Post subject: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Mar, 2013, 19:10 

User rating: 2
Dear Dukascopy Contest Support,

I must make a complaint for violation of the copyright rule by the following contestants:

The strategies of the contestants "Abdoo" and "Dani11" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. In fact, did not should receive neither of the two, since their strategy is a copy of the strategy published by the contestant "TradingwithEA" on 01.12.2011:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage2&trader=TradingwithEA&strategy_id=24785

The strategies of the contestants "Badeandra" and "OneGoodTrade" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. In fact, did not should receive neither of the two, since their strategy is a copy of the strategy published by the contestant "sanjivk" on 09.07.2012:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage&trader=sanjivk&strategy_id=34208

The strategies of the contestants “greenapple" and "klauss85" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. In fact, did not should receive neither of the two, since their strategy is a copy of the strategy published by the contestant "Okina13" on 01.06.2011:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage2&trader=okina13&strategy_id=20818

The strategies of the contestants “DJchaton" and "Alexandreb" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. DJchaton published this strategy before, on 12/12/2012:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage&trader=DJchaton&strategy_id=41354

Remember that the participants who produced copies or reproductions of a strategy are not eligible for bonus popularity points (RCR 4d).

Regards.

PS: Thanks to drishti, deborahleda and other contestants that have highlighted this unfair situation. I sent the complaint to the contest support email and I post this violation in their individual strategy pages too. Additionally, two of these contestants are in their first month of participation, this sounds like wanting to double the chances of winning with the same “and copied” strategy.

Errata: sanjivk uploaded his strategy for the first time on 09.07.2012

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Mar, 2013, 09:50 

User rating: 8
Thanks Sirsis for such update.

I have another update about Schaolin strategy. He copied strategy from a participant "OGA".

Actually I noticed it when I was looking at strategy, and noticed one string "Koeck", I put it in code checker, and suddenly match case pop up. There I found that it is copied from other participant.

// little function to determine if strategy should go long or short
    public static boolean getRandomBoolean(){
        double rnd = Math.random();
        if (rnd < 0.5 ) return true;
        return false;
    }

Now you can notice something strange about top 10 participants of this month.

I have just noticed last months result and found again same scenario. chainsaw & GreenTrader , Even it could be more. But I don't have too much time to explore such a case.

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Mar, 2013, 20:00 

Thank U very much drishti, without your help and the other contestants would have been impossible to detect these situations. I post a complaint in the Shaolin Strategy Page too.

On the other hand, analyzing the OGA strategy, is interesting to see the following:

(!long ^ !short) ==> random decision

But in that case, the long position is chosen as 50% of the time, 25% short, and 25% none. U can see this in the following paragraph of code:

if (!longPhase && !shortPhase){
            longPhase = getRandomBoolean();
            shortPhase = getRandomBoolean();
        }
        if (longPhase ){
            goLong = true;
            longPhase = false;
        }
        else if (shortPhase ) {
            goShort = true;
            shortPhase = false;
        }

goLong=[[true,true],[true,false]], goShort=[[false,true]], none=[[false,false]]

This may have been on purpose, but if the creator of the strategy would have an equal chance of short and long, could choose to:

if (!longPhase){
                shortPhase = true;
            }
        }
        if (longPhase ){
            goLong = true;
            longPhase = false;
        }
        else if (shortPhase ) {
            goShort = true;
            shortPhase = false;
        }

50% long, 50% short.

Or if you wanted to keep a percentage without position, could do the following:

shortPhase = getRandomBoolean();
            chooseOne = getRandomBoolean();
        }
        if (longPhase &&  shortPhase){
            if(chooseOne){
                shortPhase = false;
            } else {
                longPhase = false;
            }
        }
        if (longPhase ){
            goLong = true;
            longPhase = false;
        }
        else if (shortPhase ) {
            goShort = true;
            shortPhase = false;
        }

37.5% long, 37.5% short, 25% none.

Thanks again!! and good luck!!

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 02:14 

User rating: 4
According to the rules the code should not be random and should be asymetric...

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 11:15 

User rating: 11
sircris wrote:
Dear Dukascopy Contest Support,

I must make a complaint for violation of the copyright rule by the following contestants:

The strategies of the contestants "Abdoo" and "Dani11" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. In fact, did not should receive neither of the two, since their strategy is a copy of the strategy published by the contestant "TradingwithEA" on 01.12.2011:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage2&trader=TradingwithEA&strategy_id=24785

The strategies of the contestants "Badeandra" and "OneGoodTrade" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. In fact, did not should receive neither of the two, since their strategy is a copy of the strategy published by the contestant "sanjivk" on 04.02.2013:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage&trader=sanjivk&strategy_id=34208

The strategies of the contestants “greenapple" and "klauss85" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. In fact, did not should receive neither of the two, since their strategy is a copy of the strategy published by the contestant "Okina13" on 01.06.2011:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage2&trader=okina13&strategy_id=20818

The strategies of the contestants “DJchaton" and "Alexandreb" are exactly the same, (only parameter changes). So, cannot receive strategy bonus points both contestants. DJchaton published this strategy before, on 12/12/2012:
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=strategyPage&trader=DJchaton&strategy_id=41354

Remember that the participants who produced copies or reproductions of a strategy are not eligible for bonus popularity points (RCR 4d).

Regards.

PS: Thanks to drishti, deborahleda and other contestants that have highlighted this unfair situation. I sent the complaint to the contest support email and I post this violation in their individual strategy pages too. Additionally, two of these contestants are in their first month of participation, this sounds like wanting to double the chances of winning with the same “and copied” strategy.

Dear friend ,

I admire your determination to get the "scum of the earth" to justice :)
I also admire your strategy. It's very nicely writen with some interesting tricks in there ;)
Now to get to the point: According to contest rules, the copyright claims must be made by the rightful owners of the strategies and must have proof they are the rightful owners.
On the other hand (I mentioned this in another post) if a strategy has different TP, SL, Volume or other parts changed they will not work the same and thus making it at least 10% different to other similar strategy. And according to contest rules 10% is all you need to be different. I understand your frustration and I can be 100% objective on the matter and tell you you are focusing on the wrong aspect of this contest. I think you should be focusing on promoting the elimination of the popularity part of the contest and making the strategies private. If you had the popularity last month you would have gotten way higher in top 10. So.... think about it.
I think you have alot of skill, and without popularity you can be one of the best. Also these "angry" posts don't really help with your popularity ;)

Good luck this month, maybe you'll do better !

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 16:26 

@Heruar:

Participants who produced copies or reproductions of a strategy are not eligible for bonus popularity points. The strategy is considered copied if a substantial part of the algorithm (at least 90% of the script) resembles another strategy. The author of the strategy and other participants may complete copyright claims by providing information about code snippets that have been copied and a reference to the original strategy.

You can base on another strategy to write your own strategy. But you can not use exactly the same strategy of another member and get bonus points for it. If only change the parameters back remains 99% of the strategy, trade logic must be different. For example, you can use my strategy, just completely changing the method "Strategy" and then it would not be a copy.

You're right about one thing. No points for popularity, would equal the first position for me on March. But that's a rule of Dukascopy, that I can not change. But I can enforce compliance the rules that Dukascopy wrote.

Of course my interest is "interested", which is not understood is your interest in this matter, you're a member since January 23, 2011 and has never participated in the strategy contest until February 2013 . And your citizenship is ... of course ... Romania, like most of those involved.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 17:22 

sircris, You have done your work, and now it is support who decides what could be their next step.

Even we know that we are right as per rules, but as 70% of contestants are using copied strategy, therefore all would keep their mouth shut, and remaining 20% who is trying to implement new :idea: of trading in strategy contest, either they never look in forum what is going on, or they do not have time to post their views on forum. :!:

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 18:42 

sircris wrote:
@Heruar:

Participants who produced copies or reproductions of a strategy are not eligible for bonus popularity points. The strategy is considered copied if a substantial part of the algorithm (at least 90% of the script) resembles another strategy. The author of the strategy and other participants may complete copyright claims by providing information about code snippets that have been copied and a reference to the original strategy.

You can base on another strategy to write your own strategy. But you can not use exactly the same strategy of another member and get bonus points for it. If only change the parameters back remains 99% of the strategy, trade logic must be different. For example, you can use my strategy, just completely changing the method "Strategy" and then it would not be a copy.

You're right about one thing. No points for popularity, would equal the first position for me on March. But that's a rule of Dukascopy, that I can not change. But I can enforce compliance the rules that Dukascopy wrote.

Of course my interest is "interested", which is not understood is your interest in this matter, you're a member since January 23, 2011 and has never participated in the strategy contest until February 2013 . And your citizenship is ... of course ... Romania, like most of those involved.

Regards.

If you made your own strategy you must have a little or more programming skill so you would understand how a strategy works, RIGHT ?
So I don't need to explain to you that if you change TP, SL, Volume, or any other little thing that usually involves numbers will change the complete strategy.
And I explained before in another post, and I hate repeating myself, that if you strip the strategy code of basic methods, classes and so on, all you have left is the engine, SL, TP, Volume and other minor variables. So try and quantify those to find out the percentage it changes if you modify one element ;)

Now, on the matter of me being Romanian, I think that was uncalled for. You don't know me enough to make that judgement.

The reason I am a member since 2011 and only started now is because I made this account at the insistence of my friends and tried it out (I didn't know anything about forex at the time), and didn't like it, so I quit. I was playing a lot of online poker at the time and this didn't really appeal to me.
Since then I quit poker, got a less time consuming job and lots of free time, so I thought why not try again.
The strategy contest appealed to me more than the trader contest, because I always had a thing with numbers, and did a little programming back in the day, so I thought this was perfect. I started learning Java, copied some strategies to understand how this really works, put bits and pieces together and made my own strategy.
Java was easy, but learning all the classes and methods and functions in dukascopy.api is a real pain in the a**, but I'm a pretty fast learner and will eventually make a strategy that has a constant output of good results. :)

So that's my little story. What's yours ? :)

Best regards.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 19:21 

@Heruar:

Now, on the matter of me being Romanian, I think that was uncalled for. You don't know me enough to make that judgement.

Sorry if I've hurt you. But considering that:

Dani11, member since January 24, 2011. Residence: Iasi, Romania.

Heruar, member since January 23, 2011. Residence: Iasi, Romania.

It's something, at least, curious. no?

I will never have popularity, because unfortunately I have no time to read and / or post comments every day. Today is a holiday in Argentina.

As for the rest, I think is very clear, anyone can copy a strategy and use it, but if is a copy of over 90% not will get bonus points, for my, this is a topic finishing, and only remain the Dukascopy resolution.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 21:12 

sircris wrote:
@Heruar:

Sorry if I've hurt you. But considering that:

Dani11, member since January 24, 2011. Residence: Iasi, Romania.

Heruar, member since January 23, 2011. Residence: Iasi, Romania.

It's something, at least, curious. no?

I will never have popularity, because unfortunately I have no time to read and / or post comments every day. Today is a holiday in Argentina.

As for the rest, I think is very clear, anyone can copy a strategy and use it, but if is a copy of over 90% not will get bonus points, for my, this is a topic finishing, and only remain the Dukascopy resolution.

Regards.

Yeah that's a bit odd.
I never knew the date Dani11 signed in :) Nor do I really care.
To be honest he's not even part of my friends group, even though we are from the same city.
I guess the topic is over now...

Good night Argentina ... soon, cuz it must be like 3-4 PM there :)

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Apr, 2013, 18:30 

User rating: 3
Hello traders,

I agree that as long as there has Strategy Contest always been some injustices in the allocation of prizes. Since this matter be once more to be discussed, I decided to write an article where you can see a practical example. You can leave a comment if you see it fit:
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?action=blog&user=LinnuxFX#gsc.tab=0

Thanks,

LinnuxFX

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Fri 05 Apr, 2013, 17:04 

User rating: 1
This month, in copied contestant, another name god added "[u]LinnuxFX"

Contestant has used sanjivk strategy with a little change, and added another extra buy/sell method using original strategy.

Link: https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontes ... y_id=34208

Compare of both contestant codes:
Sanjivk's Code -
double ema = this.indicators.ema(instrument, period, OfferSide.BID, IIndicators.AppliedPrice.CLOSE, 34, 0);                                
double tvs = this.indicators.tvs(instrument, period, OfferSide.BID, IIndicators.AppliedPrice.CLOSE, 24, 0);
double tvs1 = this.indicators.tvs(instrument, period, OfferSide.BID, IIndicators.AppliedPrice.CLOSE, 24, 1);

if (positionsTotal(instrument) == 0) {
            if  (bidPrice > ema && tvs > tvs1 && tvs > 0 && tvs1 < 0) {

buy (instrument, engine, profitLimit, lossLimit, volume);

}
                else  if (bidPrice < ema && tvs < tvs1 && tvs < 0 && tvs1 > 0) {   
                sell (instrument, engine, profitLimit, lossLimit, volume);   
                  }   
          }

LinnuxFX's Code -

Object[] tvs0 = indicators.calculateIndicator(currentInstrument, Period.FIVE_MINS,
                                                   new OfferSide[]{ OfferSide.BID }, "TVS",
                                                   new IIndicators.AppliedPrice[]{ IIndicators.AppliedPrice.CLOSE },
                                                   new Object[]  {24}, 0);

Object[] tvs1 = indicators.calculateIndicator(currentInstrument, Period.FIVE_MINS,
                                                    new OfferSide[]{ OfferSide.BID }, "TVS",
                                                    new Object[]  {24}, 1);

Object[] ema0 = indicators.calculateIndicator(currentInstrument, Period.FIVE_MINS,
                                                    new OfferSide[]{ OfferSide.BID }, "EMA",
                                                    new Object[]  {34}, 0);

double v0 = ((Double)tvs0[0]).doubleValue();
        double v1 = ((Double)tvs1[0]).doubleValue();
        double m0 = ((Double)ema0[0]).doubleValue();

if  (closeBar > m0 && v0 > v1 && v0 > 0 && v1 < 0) {
            ProfitTarget=17.5;
            return (Order(IEngine.OrderCommand.BUY, Ask, Size, Ask + (Points * ProfitTarget), Bid - (Points * StopLoss)));           
        }

else  if (closeBar < m0 && v0 < v1 && v0 < 0 && v1 > 0) {
            ProfitTarget=17.5;
return (Order(IEngine.OrderCommand.SELL, Bid, Size, Bid - (Points * ProfitTarget), Ask + (Points * StopLoss)));

}

Best wishes to all contestant!

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Apr, 2013, 13:25 

User rating: 3
Hello,

@ savita:

I knew that you are new at DFC, member since February 1, 2013. But when you put something like that, saying that I copied strategy from sanjivk, first you should look closely to the rules and then you will be able to see that my strategy is in accordance with the rules.

First: If you do not knew the rules, this is the correct link: https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?action=contestrules
and you should read to the Code of Conduct, here: https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/?page=codeOfConduct

Second: if you payed attention when you report the violation to my strategy you should look closer and you see that my first version was uploaded on the 1-10-2012 and sanjivk strategy was upload on the 4-02-2013. So, who is copy whom?

Finally, you even not knew the DFC and the true author of this strategy already won prizes with Luisestrategy in May 2011 - okina13.

After you read all the rules closely I hope that you remove the copyright violation report that you post to my strategy.

thanks,

LinnuxFX

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Apr, 2013, 13:57 

Guys,

Stop pointing finger on each other now.

@Savita and LinnuxFX

I don't want to hurt any one sentiment but let us take a look strategy algorithm of Okina about TVS indicator.

Would request you to check uploaded date 10.01.2012 at : https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontes ... y_id=25445

After looking at those code, please tell me, if I should say something about strategy copy.

Thanks,
Santosh.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Apr, 2013, 14:12 

I am with Linnux on this. I knew him from the previous version of Strat contest.. and his codes. True he is old hand here.

oh yes, I had forgotten add: for gods' sake someone send a messgae to the dukas team that TP=5 and SL= 355 looks extremely ridiculous. They had some rules in the previous versions that it has to be 2:1 ie if sl-1 TP should be 2.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Apr, 2013, 14:33 

Victor wrote:
I am with Linnux on this. I knew him from the previous version of Strat contest.. and his codes. True he is old hand here.

oh yes, I had forgotten add: for gods' sake someone send a messgae to the dukas team that TP=5 and SL= 355 looks extremely ridiculous. They had some rules in the previous versions that it has to be 2:1 ie if sl-1 TP should be 2.

Victor,

What about SL - 0 and TP- 0?

I had already a chat with contest support team last year, and already told you about this in Time-To-Review-Strategy-Contest article comment section.

And by the way, if we can judge any one by looking at their presence on DFC by joining date, then I think it would not be a fair practice. Whatever is wrong, it is wrong, and right things are always right according to rules and codes of conduct.

Regards,
Santosh

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 17 Apr, 2013, 13:08 

This month again copied strategy is in race of top 10.

Author has already posted it earlier in forum, still contestant who copied it, I can see that he got prize and point were not deducted.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47430

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 17 Apr, 2013, 14:15 

Well-Well what can you expect from someone with TP = 20 and SL=200 . (each of the trade would have hit the SL, if at all, it was realistic).Nobody will trade like this in the real account.
Well for one's understanding.. the SL/TP can be set separately than the buy/sell order and in that case, the sl/TP will be 0-0 to startwith until it finds the number orders>0. Hope you have the understanding of this. If one can read the codes.(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45849)
Goodluck

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Apr, 2013, 15:32 

In last month result, I can see, there is a big change, all due to submitting copyright claim either by author or other contestant.

Thanks support for your appropriate action. :) :) :) :)

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Apr, 2013, 19:19 

User rating: 0
drishti wrote:
In last month result, I can see, there is a big change, all due to submitting copyright claim either by author or other contestant.

Thanks support for your appropriate action. :) :) :) :)

Yeah, "Greenapple" WITH THE COPYED STRATEGY finished 1st in the Strategy Contest, March 2013, and won the right for a 5000 USD worth....... incredible!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com