Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Contest rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 31 Jan, 2011, 13:09 

User rating: -
The contest rules for december (which I assume are the most current ones) are hard to find (I found them at Board Index -> Strategy Contest -> 2010 -> Contest Rules for December). The contest rules provided on the main site are an old version, the contest rules link on registration gives a 404 error.

-Are the december rules the current applicable rules (for FEB)?
-Could the links (on site and at registration) perhaps be updated?

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Feb, 2011, 05:55 

User rating: 0
To my knowledge the Feb 2011 competition starts today, why is my account still inactive?

UPDATE: Account activated problem solved

Post subject: inactive Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Feb, 2011, 09:21 

Dear Support,
my account is also inactive, and I cant find my name in the ranking list. What could be the problem? (My contest account has been registered 12th of January)

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Feb, 2011, 16:22 

User rating: 8
Please try once again. All accounts were activated.

Post subject: Please relogin... Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 02 Feb, 2011, 13:10 

I got message in JForex Message window:
11:32:07 Group #16369919 does not exist. Please relogin.

I got one of these yesterday, now again. How can I avoid this?

Post subject: Re: Please relogin... Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 02 Feb, 2011, 18:08 

ConTest wrote:
I got message in JForex Message window:
11:32:07 Group #16369919 does not exist. Please relogin.

I got one of these yesterday, now again. How can I avoid this?

Please make sure that the position is still opened before trying to send a request to close the position.

Post subject: timed out Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Feb, 2011, 15:05 

I'm new to Jforex strategy, i was timed out, right after that my strategy took a position that is +18,000 right now and its not showing it on the rankings, what do i do?

Post subject: Re: Contest rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 10:36 

Thank you for feedback. We will update the link in the registration form.

The rules for February are the same as for December. The December's edition is the current active version of rules applied to the Strategy Contest. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Post subject: Re: timed out Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 10:37 

FarmerOzz wrote:
I'm new to Jforex strategy, i was timed out, right after that my strategy took a position that is +18,000 right now and its not showing it on the rankings, what do i do?

It's ok. The table is updated once a day. Don't worry. Your account will be updated right after the settlement.

Post subject: OverTheWeekend leverage control Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011, 10:50 

One of the contestants asked a question how to check if the over-the-weekend leverage hours are in place. Here is a code below with a method

public boolean isOverTheWeekend() {

Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance();
        calendar.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
        calendar.setTime(new Date());

if (calendar.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_WEEK) != Calendar.FRIDAY) return false;
        if (calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY < 18) return false;
        else return true;

}

Post subject: Re: OverTheWeekend leverage control Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 Feb, 2011, 15:50 

I think I was the guy asking that (or something quite similar: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=26466)

The thing is, you need to check earlier than 6pm, otherwise, your position will be cut before you have time to check. I have a function in my strategy checking my leverage usage, but since I'm checking "only" every minute, my position got cut before I had time to do it myself.

So I would recommend strategies to check leverage usage just before 6pm on Friday, and cut the position if the leverage is bigger than 30%.

Post subject: Re: OverTheWeekend leverage control Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 Feb, 2011, 16:33 

You're right, you have to check it before. There are many ways how you manage the over-the-weekend leverage. It's up to you to decide which way is better for your strategy. However, what's is important is to avoid the leverage exceeding 30%. Please note that if you will get an MC, your account will be disqualified at the end of the contest. Try to keep the leverage on a short leash.

Post subject: Re: OverTheWeekend leverage control Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Feb, 2011, 15:47 

User rating: 3
@support:

Could you please consider implementing a function that allows us users to retrieve the next and previous offline times of the platform and the times when the leverage changes? It would be much cleaner, if you provided a general function for this rather than having the times hardcoded in dozens or hundreds of strategies out there. Should Dukascopy change their leverage or weekend-policy, the times only would have to get changed in the Dukascopy code and not in all the strategy codes out there.

Please see my post https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24961, which hasn't yet gotten a tracking number assigned. (Maybe it should be moved from 'knowledge base' to 'workarounds'?)

Thanks for considering!
Best RR.

Post subject: Re: Contest rules Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Feb, 2011, 16:07 

I'd like to point out that there is at least 1 difference between the rules in french and the rules in English, the one about the max profit per trade. It's 25% in the rules in English and 50% in the rules in french. I didn't check other languages, but it might be the same.

cheers

Post subject: Traded currency pairs/Viewing the trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011, 01:10 

Is it possible to see the traded currency pairs somewhere? The strategy code of the winner Jakil does not reveal the traded currency pair. It would be even better to see all trades of the participant for this month.

Post subject: Re: Traded currency pairs/Viewing the trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Feb, 2011, 09:54 

TheScalper wrote:
Is it possible to see the traded currency pairs somewhere? The strategy code of the winner Jakil does not reveal the traded currency pair. It would be even better to see all trades of the participant for this month.

As informed above, we are planning to add a bunch of new functionality. At the given moment, you can observe the current online exposures of participants. Simply check the traders that you're interested in and follow the graph on the page.

Post subject: Regarding error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011, 14:03 

13:00:00 java.lang.SecurityException: trusted loader attempted to load sandboxed resource from
After each an hour I am getting following error in my jforex platform .Can I know the reason of it?
https://www.dukascopy.com/client/demo/jclient/lib/jForex-2.13.5.jar @ com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCallback.check(Unknown Source)

Post subject: Re: Regarding error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011, 18:09 

DEMOCYluqA wrote:
13:00:00 java.lang.SecurityException: trusted loader attempted to load sandboxed resource from
After each an hour I am getting following error in my jforex platform .Can I know the reason of it?
https://www.dukascopy.com/client/demo/j ... 2.13.5.jar @ com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCallback.check(Unknown Source)

Could you please provide with more additional information?

Post subject: rank no 6 feb contest but removed from final 10 participants Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011, 05:23 

can you tell me the reason i am no 6 in the participant list for feb jforex strategy contest but my name has been removed
regards

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011, 10:22 

ahabkl, you have to many manual trades on your contest account. Please register in the Traders Contest, if you'd like to trade manually.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com