Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 25 Jun, 2010, 15:19 

User rating: 8
Today I couldn't find olto in the ranking table. Unfortunately, our two-time winner olto who already has 1st and 3rd places in previous months is now out the current month after suffering from 2 loosing trades.

Post subject: Re: Neural Trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Jun, 2010, 15:14 

Any third party libraries are prohibited.

Post subject: June contest coming to an end Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Jun, 2010, 12:23 

Only 2 days left for the month of June!

Although mihaia2002 seems to be leading the way, marina might have a chance to make it to the top3!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Jun, 2010, 09:02 

This is the last day of June. Tomorrow we will start verification of contest accounts. Once again, we remind you that all strategies which do not comply with the requirements of the contest rules will be disqualified. The true leaders and winners will become known tomorrow.

Let me also remind you that the registration for the next month is already open!

Post subject: How trading in the competition !!!!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Jun, 2010, 23:03 

User rating: -
How trading in the competition !!!!!

How Trading in the competition is in certain ways?

Will tell you what they would do in the competition this month, the new

I have a strategy for the Moving Aviraj only the buying and selling on the chart with the specific 5 minutes

Is this benefit to be a racer or are there other ways Automation

In other words, Is it the competition or Aksbertat indicators only?

Post subject: Re: How trading in the competition !!!!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Jul, 2010, 11:07 

Please read the strategy contest rules here: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... est/rules/

Post subject: June contest has finished! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Jul, 2010, 11:15 

Congratulations to the winners of June!

As you see the leader positions are completely different as they were yesterday.

Let us remind you that this is an automated strategy trading contest, not manual.

Please read the rules carefully before participating in the contest.

Good luck in July! (The registration for July is open till the 15th of July.)

Post subject: Please answer the important questions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Jul, 2010, 17:24 

How is the strategy is being translated?

And how they are run on the trading platform?

And how they are placed in the trading platform?

Did after the strategy is carried automatically without any intervention Mona length of the contest?

I hope to answer questions and explain in detail to see how trading in the competition

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 10:07 

You have to start using and learning JForex programming language!

To be able to write a Java strategy, you need to know basics of Java and good understanding of how the trades are executed in the market.

Here is our getting started _https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/tutorial/getting_started/

Post subject: Winner by highest risk adjusted profit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 10:07 

If you want to prevent that winning systems will only be based on gambling approaches, you should take a risk adjusted profit and not the end balance alone for the ranking.

Post subject: Re: Winner by highest risk adjusted profit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 10:35 

Adam wrote:
If you want to prevent that winning systems will only be based on gambling approaches, you should take a risk adjusted profit and not the end balance alone for the ranking.

Well, the end balance is much easier and clear for understanding. For everybody, of course!
The risk adjusted methods can be very different and somtimes complex. Which of them do you mean? Time-weighted rate of return?

Post subject: Profit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 12:23 

If I open a total of 5 position in one day and I manage to make a profit of 200% more than the previous balance that is 40% per each position , will I be following the rule

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 13:12 

Yes, it's fine.

Please note that "The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions is 1. Any further requests to open a new position will be rejected by the platform."

Post subject: Trader Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 16:00 

What is the problem with your trader platform I have trying login into your trader today but it failed to open

Post subject: copy and paste Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Jul, 2010, 17:53 

User rating: 1
Now that the strategy has to be independent of interventions, what's there to prevent someone else in the contest using the code of a previous winner?

I say this because June's 2nd place winner, samer1112, used the code from olto back in April. So if our contest strategy has to be fully automated from now on, what's there to prevent us from using a previous winner's strategy to win later contests? It'll just be a matter of copy and paste.

If someone is to copy someone else's strategy, at least make it less obvious.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Jul, 2010, 10:48 

User rating: 0
    i think that the new rules is more convenient

i will participate in this month
:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: copy and paste Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Jul, 2010, 14:06 

quantisan wrote:
Now that the strategy has to be independent of interventions, what's there to prevent someone else in the contest using the code of a previous winner?

I say this because June's 2nd place winner, samer1112, used the code from olto back in April. So if our contest strategy has to be fully automated from now on, what's there to prevent us from using a previous winner's strategy to win later contests? It'll just be a matter of copy and paste.

If someone is to copy someone else's strategy, at least make it less obvious.

The idea of the contest is to show the capabilities our JForex platform has. Dukascopy has noticed that many traders disregard or are not aware of the opportunity to trade on JForex automatically.

As we see automatic trading can give you results you look for and can definitely ease your 'working' day.

Also this contest is aimed at automated-trading development in the FX community. If you see a strategy perform good twice, you can draw your own conclusions.

Post subject: i have written all my strategy on the plat form Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Jul, 2010, 07:48 

i have written all my strategy on the plat form , but before i havenot read all rulles curfelly , so please is what i have undersanded . and i have to leave my computer oppend all days of tradind

Post subject: How can install the index and Expert Advisor to the terminal Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Jul, 2010, 11:37 

How can install the index and Expert Advisor to the terminal ?

Post subject: Re: i have written all my strategy on the plat form Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Jul, 2010, 11:45 

You should read the rules carefully, otherwise you might get disqualified.

In order for your strategy to work, the platform must be switched on.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com