Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: import strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Apr, 2011, 17:35 

User rating: -
hi guys,

I would like to import and back test other strategies but I don't know how to do it. For instance I downloaded the strategy of user "traderlink" and it is downloaded in txt.java. How can I import it and make it work ?

regards

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Apr, 2011, 20:16 

Hi,
my strategy disappeared from the platform and i cannot readd it. Did this happen because i started my strategy, stopped it later and recompiled it without configurables? But it has not traded yet.
:(

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Apr, 2011, 21:29 

User rating: 0
dav4me - It's pretty easy:
- open a demo account (register, receive the email with log-in info, log in to the demo account)
- save someone's strategy where you can find it again (e.g. desktop) - you want to save the *.java file.
- in the bottom left corner of demo account, right click on "Strategies" then click "Open Strategy". This can be hard to find when the market isn't open - you may have to change screen resolution or pull the "Workspace" box upward - it's located just below the "Market Depth" chart)
- navigate to, and then open, the *.java strategy you previously saved (e.g. on the desktop).
- once it is open (the name will show up in bottom left corner of demo account GUI), right click on the name and click "Compile".
- after a little bit in the "Messages" tab to the right you will see a message that says "Compilation Successful..." If it turns red and gives you error messages, you'll have to resolve the errors before it will compile successfully. Search the forum for help to any errors.
- Once it compiles successfully, now right click on the name again (still in the lower left corner of the demo account GUI) and click "Test"
- the Historical Tester tab will pop up.
- simply set your parameters (make sure the currency pair you select in the tester matches up with the currency pair used in the strategy), and click the start button in the lower right corner of the demo account GUI (you may have to scroll down, or pull the historical tester tab upward to see the start button, depending on your screen resolution).

That's it - have fun!

Post subject: Re: Strategy Removed from my account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 08 Apr, 2011, 10:22 

Guest wrote:
linnux wrote:
Hello support,
Could you please tell me what happened to my strategy, in the contest account, yesterday everything is ok, it opened 3 orders. Today it desapear from my account and i'm not able to put it again.
help is appreciated

Linnux

The same thing happened to me!

And to me as well!

Post subject: Re: import strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 09 Apr, 2011, 01:22 

dav4me wrote:
hi guys,

I would like to import and back test other strategies but I don't know how to do it. For instance I downloaded the strategy of user "traderlink" and it is downloaded in txt.java. How can I import it and make it work ?

regards

Hi dav4me, I was unaware that you could download these strategies, can you tell me how to go about it, Thanks in advance, all the best in your endevours.

Post subject: 2 questions. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Apr, 2011, 23:36 

hello there, first post here :) i have 2 questions.

1- when running the strategy tester on my strategy it makes 2 trades in 2011-04-21 and 2011-04-22. but i have the strategy running in remote since may 10 and no trade was made, i still have my 100 k initial. is there a way i can see the remote logs?

2- can i import external java packs in my strategies?

thank you , i really like to be participating in the contest.

Post subject: Re: 2 questions. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011, 08:27 

User rating: 8
fforex wrote:
hello there, first post here :) i have 2 questions.

1- when running the strategy tester on my strategy it makes 2 trades in 2011-04-21 and 2011-04-22. but i have the strategy running in remote since may 10 and no trade was made, i still have my 100 k initial. is there a way i can see the remote logs?

2- can i import external java packs in my strategies?

thank you , i really like to be participating in the contest.

1. Perhaps, the strategy is not running? You can log into the platform and check the status of your strategy. If the strategy is not running, simply restart it again. We are currently working on proving a solution for logs.

2. Imports are allowed but you can import packages from external jar files. They are not allowed for use in the contest.

Post subject: Re: 2 questions. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011, 13:54 

Contest Support wrote:
1. Perhaps, the strategy is not running? You can log into the platform and check the status of your strategy. If the strategy is not running, simply restart it again. We are currently working on proving a solution for logs.

2. Imports are allowed but you can import packages from external jar files. They are not allowed for use in the contest.

1- from what i can see the strategy was running all the time. does it still runs when i log out right ? the strategy is with a play icon all the time( https://fforex.me/strategy.jpg ). when i click portfolio ->strategy log i get redirected to https://192.168.101.13:8080/ ... this don't load as it is not a valid ip address inside my local network. i am not sure how to get more info.

thank you, regarding question 2, everything in one file for the contest right ?

Post subject: Re: 2 questions. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2011, 16:02 

the problem of trades not executing in real time while they get executed in historical tester could be slippage setting ? i currently have slippage at 0.1. is there a recommended value to get trades executed?
will be great to have an answer before May start.

thanks again.

Post subject: Re: 2 questions. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Apr, 2011, 09:29 

Guest wrote:
the problem of trades not executing in real time while they get executed in historical tester could be slippage setting ? i currently have slippage at 0.1. is there a recommended value to get trades executed?
will be great to have an answer before May start.

thanks again.

If the slippage is too tight, it can. But not with every order of course. Try to verify all condition to make sure that the order is triggered and send to the server.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 May, 2011, 18:59 

Hello together!
Does anybody know, how I can see, why my strategy doesn't open any trade during the contest? At home it's working, but the statistics in DC-Contest shows no action.

???

Thanks for any hint!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 May, 2011, 16:08 

Please provide more details about your registration: nickname, demo account, account id.
Better to send this data directly to contest support via email.

Post subject: FX daily average turnover at dukascopy bank Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 May, 2011, 18:40 

User rating: 1
Hello! This my first post here.. this information might be available somewhere but I was wondering if anyone knows an estimation of the daily average turnover of foreign exchange at dukascopy bank or let me know where can I find this information?
Thank you!
cyberalgo

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 04 May, 2011, 08:40 

thanks - I've done so

Post subject: How to restart strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 11 May, 2011, 04:04 

Quote:

I am having the same problem...when I run the backtest over the last week or so, the strategy trades...but in the contest I am getting nothing.

I cannot figure out how to stop and restart the strategy...can you please tell me how

Post subject: performance indicator in the main classification page Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 May, 2011, 19:25 

User rating: 1
Hello Contest Support,

In my personal page it says my performance is as of today 134 but when I look it up in the main classification page it says zero. how is the indicator in main classification calculated ?

Thank you
Regards

cyberalgo

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 31 May, 2011, 13:22 

dear Support

Victor's strategy is not even running :?: :idea:
so how he got 36 pip :o as a bonus and how the strategy makes order :!: :?: s

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 Jun, 2011, 08:19 

User rating: 2
The strategy was made public on 30th April. Bonus points are based on strategy declaration.
The strategy status says executed. Contestants have no control over the strategy once started (running), they can only choose to load another version and run.

Post subject: historical tester versus contest results Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Jun, 2011, 11:20 

Hello:

I have noticed that independent of the period the strategy is using the results I get from the contest execution only match the results on historical tester only if run with tick period.
For instance if your strategy runs Period.one_min and compare the results from your testing to the ones you get on the contest they won't match. One of the things is whatever take profit you have in your strategy the Take profit in the report will be always superior.
One way I found to obtain results in historical tester which are as much as close to those in the contest is running to test the strategy with tick periods regardless of your strategy is on one_min, one_hour, ...
This way if not the same very similar results.

Anyone noticed this behavior or would like to share his thoughs on this ?

Thank you,
Regards,
cyberalgo

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 11 Jun, 2011, 10:21 

Yes, You should only use the historical tester with tick periods. You can't trust results with other periods.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com