Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

cheating
 Post subject: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011, 14:51 

User rating: -
[b] can ANYONE tell me WHY THESE RESPECTED TRADERs... "Kelvinmaster, najsaeh, Lieto, dontonka".... HAVE SAME STRATEGY? [/b]

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011, 19:51 

User rating: 0
AbdulMannan wrote:
[b] can ANYONE tell me WHY THESE RESPECTED TRADERs... "Kelvinmaster, najsaeh, Lieto, dontonka".... HAVE SAME STRATEGY? [/b]

"Dear AbdulMannan",

before suspects, please check out.....!!!!!!

I'm a original author of this strategy (moka.java) ALL others participants

eg. najsaeh, Lieto, dontonka

simply copy my strategy!

I have already inform to Dukascopy, see viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38453

Also nothing to do with me!

Regards Kelvinmaster

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011, 20:53 

these are the rules! read it! and live with it! worse than small children ..... :roll:

Publication of a Participant's strategy implies a distribution of its copies to the general public with the consent of its author. By authorizing the publication of the strategy script on Dukascopy's website, the Participants are not deemed to waive any of their copyrights or other intellectual property rights related to the strategy. Participant acknowledges and accepts not to make any financial claims against Dukascopy or any third parties who disseminate or use strategies published on Dukascopy's website or other web resources. Participants acknowledge and agree that they shall not be able or even allowed to control, limit and influence the amount of copies of strategy scripts distributed or made available by Dukascopy.

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Aug, 2011, 14:15 

User rating: 4
Technically speaking they are not cheating, they are just lame because they just rename strategies without keeping reference of original developper and then pretend they developped something to increase their popularity, it Doenst mean Dukas cannot remove their +36 points which will be more than enough to solve the issue...

If you let things as they are soon you will have only clones in the top 10, and the winner will always be the clone who is the best at spamming (see clone of Jakil who won June Month) which doenst make sense at all.

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 13 Aug, 2011, 19:50 

I would think that Dukascopy is having the contest to encourage more people to use it's jforex system.
The published strategies give examples for other people to learn to code. The way that they set up
the contest rules are unfair to those participants that did their own coding, but they are not in the
business of giving away money for nothing in return. I think a better way would be to keep the strategies
private until a prize is won, then the strategy becomes public - that way the originator receives at least
some money, and others can use the samples to develop their own strategies.

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 14 Aug, 2011, 08:55 

yes absolutely! i agree with you.

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 14 Aug, 2011, 21:55 

User rating: 1
I'd like to see the popularity component taken out. I'm sure the original intentions were for it to attract good discussions about a trade, or to attract new visitors from external sites. However it's just devolved into circle voting/commenting.

Bonus points for publishing just leads to less incentive for programmers to write innotive strategies. Why spend a lot of time to write something when someone could copy your code in a second, tweak a few numbers, and end up beating you by a fraction at the end? This is the reason I haven't published mine, and it does feel quite unfair.

Removal of the popularity column would be great. There's still the incentive of winners publishing their strategies due to the halving of the prize fund if they choose not to disclose it.

I don't really agree with people calling others cheats. The 'cheats' have kept to the rules and are doing nothing wrong and so are clearly not cheats. However I do feel a change of the rules such as I've suggested above would greatly encourage more unique and clever strategies to be created.

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Aug, 2011, 22:04 

[quote][/quote][quote="Antilochus"]I'd like to see the popularity component taken out. I'm sure the original intentions were for it to attract good discussions about a trade, or to attract new visitors from external sites. However it's just devolved into circle voting/commenting.

Bonus points for publishing just leads to less incentive for programmers to write innotive strategies. Why spend a lot of time to write something when someone could copy your code in a second, tweak a few numbers, and end up beating you by a fraction at the end? This is the reason I haven't published mine, and it does feel quite unfair.

Removal of the popularity column would be great. There's still the incentive of winners publishing their strategies due to the halving of the prize fund if they choose not to disclose it.

I don't really agree with people calling others cheats. The 'cheats' have kept to the rules and are doing nothing wrong and so are clearly not cheats. However I do feel a change of the rules such as I've suggested above would greatly encourage more unique and clever strategies to be created.[/quote]

Post subject: Re: cheating Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Aug, 2011, 22:10 

I strongly protest the defamation campaign by M/S Abdulqadeer, Abdulmanan and Alifraooq , they have no right to defame others. I therefore request Dukascopy to take action against them and ban them from strategy contest.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com