Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Rules of Strategy contest not MET
 Post subject: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 08 Jul, 2011, 13:26 

User rating: 3
Hello support,

Could you please explain me why Kelvinmaster, 3th classified of June Strategy Contest was not disqualified, because his strategy only open 8 orders, and the rule is:

Trading requirements to the positions are as follows:
The total amount of positions opened during the Contest must be at least 10 (i.e. at least 10 opening orders).
Everyone deserves win, but the rules are to be met.

And this mounth i test the strategy of participant Adask and it open 2 orders, but the rule is:

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions is 1. Any further requests to open a new position will be rejected by the platform.

If the rules are not for met please remove it.

Thanks,

LinnuxFX

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 11 Jul, 2011, 13:25 

User rating: -
Hello Again,

Still waitting for a reply, see what you said in dukas evaluation:

"Dukascopy evaluation points can be received by a maximum of 92 participants (just as other evaluation factors). In order to get eligible for the Dukascopy evaluation points one has to satisfy the following 2 criteria:

At least 10 closed positions"
Where are the 10 closed positions of the 3tr winner of June?

LinnuFX

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 13 Jul, 2011, 05:56 

Don't worry, the same happened in the video contest where Paulito from the 5th place had a video of 6 minutes even if the maximum allowed was 5 mins according to the rules. Also some useless videos received Dukascopy points and become winners but much better videos didn't get any prize.

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 13 Jul, 2011, 15:28 

Considered the video very subjective thing......!

"Dukascopy reserves the right to change the Contest rules, requirements and awards without prior notice and at any time at its sole discretion."

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011, 04:08 

User rating: 4
The ranking for the last month has not been finalized yet... Well at least i dont think so considering there are a few issues, that's probably why it's taking them a while to do the final ranking (strategies not asymetric, lot size divided by 10 after 2 trades :lol: , strategies not developped by the guy who pretend he did, list go on ,-))

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011, 09:29 

pipscity wrote:
The ranking for the last month has not been finalized yet... Well at least i dont think so considering there are a few issues, that's probably why it's taking them a while to do the final ranking (strategies not asymetric, lot size divided by 10 after 2 trades :lol: , strategies not developped by the guy who pretend he did, list go on ,-))

Hello,

pipscity, i think you are wrong because the ranking of last mounth was finished and a participant with only 8 trades stay in 3tr place. I'm very disapointed with dukas suport, because i mail them this situation and past a lot of days they answer this:

"Greetings,

Thanks, we will take this information into consideration.

Regards,
Support"

:o
I mail them another situation, a participant that this mounth is in top 10 and his strategy opens more than one trade at a time, but they don't answer nothing.... the rules are not for all... too said...

LinnuxFX

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011, 11:58 

I dont see anything saying that ranking for last month is finished, there was a message for the trading contest but not for the strategy contest.

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011, 15:10 

Quote:
Considered the video very subjective thing......!
"Dukascopy reserves the right to change the Contest rules, requirements and awards without prior notice and at any time at its sole discretion."

If you are a lawyer you could say that, however as a trader you wouldn't make a joke about this because in the contract for a live account it is written almost the same thing regarding your trades. Do you want to become a lawyer or do you want a trustful broker who respects its own rules?

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Jul, 2011, 16:28 

Can we have an update on whether the rules still apply to the contest?

in particular:
- total trades must equal 10
- strategies must be asymetric.

On a side note, to all the folks participating in the contest, if you are going to use other people strategies it would be nice if you guys could keep some kind of reference to the original developper. I mean if you are going to win a contest using another guy strategy at leat give the guy credit, that's the least you can do (just changing the class name doenst mean you have created your own strategy :lol: .

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011, 21:20 

User rating: 0
Dear linnuxfx unfortunately, it escaped my attention, but this will not be repeated...

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Jul, 2011, 06:10 

Quote:
Dear linnuxfx unfortunately, it escaped my attention, but this will not be repeated...

Really? Are you in the Dukascopy team also? Everything is clear now.

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Jul, 2011, 16:45 

Guest wrote:
Quote:

Really? Are you in the Dukascopy team also? Everything is clear now.

This is a rather malicious comments ...... moreover, without a your name...... NO COMMENT!

Kelvinmaster

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 30 Jul, 2011, 22:38 

Hello Support,

Currently 3 place as a "para10" participant who simply downloaded and renamed LuiseStrategy5 (ALL trades similar time and price and volume as okina13).....

Moreover, as generous in publishing their own strategy and and got the BONUS POINTS from Dukascopy!

It is not MET the rules ?

Regards okina13

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011, 03:06 

Okina,

The winner of June has been using Jakil's October 2010 Strategy for a while, he has just added/removed a few pips from the SL/TP.

I agree 100% with you, when someone is using another guy strategy he should get 0 bonus for disclosing the strategy, and should get a big a big 0 on dukascopy point for actually removing any reference to the original author of the strategy which is lame at best.

It's too easy to just copy another guy strategy and then to focus almost only on getting popularity points.

Very frustrating for anyone who actually developped his own strategy.

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011, 11:23 

Hello, everyone

I'm happy that post became usefull for that who agree with me, the new rules and contest presentation only benefits that participants who which copy the strategys.

Now a little word to "kelvinmaster", isn't me who put the comment as "guest", and i want congratulate you for your first place this mounth, and as you can see the second classified "najsaeh" use your strategy only change the Classe Name, SL, TP, Lot size, and worst is that his strategy have more performance than yours in the points, but open the same 10 orders, with one loss. So i don't anderstand this rules...

I agree with pipscity, the contest participants who copy the strategy, at the end of mouth must see their bonus points removed and more by the support contest. Or some thing else, in the old contest the others participants only have acess the strategys at the end of the mounth when they were discloused, a little fair...

Still waiting comments, and hope contest support change something

Tkx

LinnuxFX

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011, 17:55 

Kelvin,

You have just been unlucky last month, you did nothing wrong, and pretty lucky this month, I like your strategy, code is very clean, i have done some research on Ichimoku because of you having so much success with your robot.

So thanks for that ,-)

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011, 21:58 

Hello everyone !

I agree with the previous speaker!

The solution is quite simple, as Dukascopy rules include:

"Dukascopy - Experts' evaluation of the strategy quality. Maximum 100 points...."

The participants who copy the strategys of other participating eg. "para10", "najsaeh", NOT developed anything the strategys.... ALSO the copy strategys VALUE = 0, QUALITY = 0,

SIMPLY CONSEQUENTLY Dukascopy points = 0 (ZERO)

I know Dukascopy is a reliable fair company, so I hope resolves this issue immediately.

Now a little word to "LinnuxFX", all ok. and Thank you for your congrat AND Thank you for your decision ("najsaeh" copy)!

Regards Kelvinmaster

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Aug, 2011, 00:18 

Kelvin,

This is not the first time this is happening, as i said the winner of June did the same, the problem is because it work and that so far Dukas is not willing to do anything, they are calling their friend/family to do the same, soon you might have the same group of guys copying the 10 best strategies of the last 10 months and spamming/flooding each other for popularity points.

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Aug, 2011, 14:31 

User rating: 2
how to track the copied strategies without downloading the one by one??? any ideas

Post subject: Re: Rules of Strategy contest not MET Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011, 00:51 

You can only check if entries in the log are the same if you dont want to download.

Beside you just have to review the top 10 strategies so it's not a ton of work, developpers could review together the top10 and see if there are any issues...

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com