Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

margin call on friday
 Post subject: margin call on friday Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Jun, 2011, 19:36 

User rating: 0
Dear support
I got a margin call this friday, My positions were all in profit...so I didn't understand this and if I am missing any rules please guide me. I guess since I got a margin call I will be disqualified at the end of the month if I am not wrong. I would like to know more like whether I can check in the trading platform by any means to avoid this type of margin call in future.

Post subject: Re: margin call on friday Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Jun, 2011, 00:41 

on Friday evening, leverage changes from 1:100 to 1:30, so If you have a big position, the leverage that you use could go over 200 and this will trigger a margin call.
there was a post about that already, and you can find pieces of code in this forum which will close or reduce your position before the leverage change on Friday, to avoid those margin call.

Post subject: Re: margin call on friday Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Jul, 2011, 21:58 

Yes, on Friday evening leverage changes from 1:100 to 1:30, watch out for this and use the Dukascopy leverage calculator.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com