Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contest Rules[May]
 Post subject: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011, 12:48 

User rating: 8
Dear Jforex Contest participants,

We would like to present our new strategy contest rules that we are planning to adopt starting from May. You are free to download the rules and leave your comments and feedbacks right here on the forum.

The changes in the rules can be considered revolutionary. The strategies will be uploaded by participants right from the web-site, no need to have a platform. All strategies will be running non-stop on the remote server. The strategy contest will become part of the Dukascopy Forex community and the participants will have their own strategy blogs with trades, comments, ratings and etc. The strategy popularity will become one of key evaluations along with Dukascopy's expert evaluation. All descriptions are available in the file!

Attachments:
Strategy Contest Rules 15.03.2011 final.docx [32.12 KiB]
Downloaded 562 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011, 14:40 

User rating: 1
I like how Dukascopy keeps improving these contests. These new rules will certainly make many of us head back to the IDE and write new contest strategy codes.

I have a question though. Just so I can make my codes cleaner and easier to understand, can I use the JFUtil open source library? It can also save a lot of boilerplate copy and paste for everyone too.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011, 16:58 

We wouldn't mind but you're not able to use external libraries on the remote server.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011, 17:03 

User rating: 2
Contest Support wrote:
We wouldn't mind but you're not able to use external libraries on the remote server.

What about custom indicators ? Is it possible to use them on the remote server..?

Thanks,
chriz

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011, 19:43 

User rating: 0
I would preffer to use custom indicators also.
I try to use modern methods in trading other than the archaic RSI oversold/bought or MA crosses.
I would also like to be able to trade 2 different instruments at a time. This will open many nice trading methods to be implemented and tested. For example using correlation, divergence, Hilbert transform and hedging.

Thank you,

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 16 Mar, 2011, 09:54 

Custom indicator can run on the remote server, but you need to make the implementation right in the same strategy file.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 19 Mar, 2011, 10:28 

Could you please provide clear example of such code (strategy implementing an indicator)?

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Mar, 2011, 09:30 

Tipota wrote:
Could you please provide clear example of such code (strategy implementing an indicator)?

The example file is attached.

Attachments:
CustomIndicatorStrategy.java [3.32 KiB]
Downloaded 549 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Mar, 2011, 11:51 

Great job, looking forward to it.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Mar, 2011, 10:56 

Hi Support,

thanks for the example. One additional question. Although the calculation statement in the onBar method works fine, when trying to access CustomIndicator in the onStart method already, it produces following null pointer error.

BTW, in case there is a separate class file CustomIndicator.jfx or when accessing one of the standard indicators, it does not produce this error. Any idea what is going wrong?

public void onStart(IContext context) throws JFException {
   indicators.registerCustomIndicator(CustomIndicator.class);   
[color=#FF0000]   indicator = indicators.getIndicator("CustomIndicator");[/color]
}

public void onBar(Instrument instrument, Period period, IBar askbar, IBar bidbar) throws JFException {
   Object[] myIndicator = this.indicators.calculateIndicator(instrument, period, new OfferSide[] {OfferSide.BID}, "CustomIndicator",
                                        new IIndicators.AppliedPrice[] {appliedPrice}, new Object[]{20}, indicatorFilter, 1, timeStamp, 0);
}

SEVERE Exception thrown whiler running onStart method: null java.lang.NullPointerException
at jforex.BBSMA_apr.onStart(BBSMA_apr.java:55)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.execution.s.call(Unknown Source)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.an.a(Unknown Source)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.v.call(Unknown Source)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.connect.v.call(Unknown Source)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.execution.i.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.execution.e$a.f(Unknown Source)
at com.dukascopy.api.impl.execution.e$a.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Mar, 2011, 13:23 

Thanks for feedback. Seems, there is a little problem in the platform's API. We will include the fix in the next release.

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Mar, 2011, 02:59 

How does Dukascopy intend on tracking blog visitors? I would presume this would simply be a simple tracking script?

Post subject: Re: Contest Rules[May] Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Mar, 2011, 09:15 

Earntrepreneur wrote:
How does Dukascopy intend on tracking blog visitors? I would presume this would simply be a simple tracking script?

We track the number of visits of Dukascopy Community members but only from unique IP addresses.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com