Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Only one active order allowed at a time?
 Post subject: Only one active order allowed at a time? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Dec, 2010, 19:53 

User rating: 3
The maximum number of simultaneous positions is 1. Is that also true for the number of orders? Can there only be one order in the system at a time?

My new strategy uses a straddle where two stop-orders are placed. When one order is hit the other one is cancelled. There will only ever be one active position, but when not in a position there will always be two active orders. Currently only one order is created on the contest account, while it works in testing.

If it is the case that only one order is allowed at a time, would it be possible to erase my entry and trading record so far (5k in profit) so I can switch to using market order?

Post subject: Re: Only one active order allowed at a time? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Dec, 2010, 17:08 

User rating: 8
The rule refers only to opened positions, not pending.

Post subject: Re: Only one active order allowed at a time? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Dec, 2010, 10:40 

User rating: 5
Quote:
The rule refers only to opened positions, not pending.

In october I tried to submit one pending buystop and one pending sellstop at the same time, I had a message that this is forbiden in the contest.
Please could you check this ?

Post subject: Re: Only one active order allowed at a time? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Dec, 2010, 12:27 

User rating: 3
Hi, I was finally able to have a closer look in real-time (as opposed to looking at the activity log afterwards). The buy-stop that is placed first is submitted okay, but the sell-stop that is placed afterwards is then rejected with this message:

Your order has been rejected due to validation failure. Open positions/ entry orders limit reached. To enable new positions/ entry orders, respective number of existing positions/ entry orders must be merged/ closed/ canceled.

So it seems there can't be more than one order in the system. For next month, could this information be attached to rules somehow (as a foot-note maybe)?

Post subject: Re: Only one active order allowed at a time? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Dec, 2010, 14:51 

User rating: 8
Sorry guys, the above published information was incorrect. The platform allows you to hold only one single position group which means that you're not able to place 2 pending orders on the same instrument at the same time because it uses different position IDs.

All orders are filled asynchronously and if the first order is triggered and sent for execution and still is processing, the system can still fill your second orders. As a result, you will have 2 positions at the same time.

However, what you can do here... Simply manage orders inside the strategy's brains! Once the entry level is reached, send an order to the market!

Post subject: Re: Only one active order allowed at a time? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Dec, 2010, 08:54 

User rating: 5
Quote:
Simply manage orders inside the strategy's brains! Once the entry level is reached, send an order to the market!

Yes, this is what I've done for the contest. But "in the real world", I prefer to place stop orders because they are more secured :
if for some reason the strategy shuts down orders are executed.

Thanks for the support.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com