Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest?
 Post subject: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Nov, 2010, 00:54 

User rating: 1
Hello,

I know external code (JARs, dll, etc.) is not allowed in the strategy contest... does this include custom indicators? Are custom indicators also prohibited from being used in the contest?

thanks.

T.

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Nov, 2010, 09:41 

User rating: 8
Yes, but you have to provide the implementation of the indicator along with the strategy.

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Nov, 2010, 18:19 

User rating: 3
I have trouble interpreting what is being said here.

What does it mean to provide the implementation of the indicator along with the strategy?

I'm using this custom indicator for my new strategy (link->): Fractal Lines by sol. What do I need to do to be allowed to use it?

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Nov, 2010, 18:22 

User rating: 0
perhaps he means that you have to implement your indicator in your own strategy and not
using another class or jar-file

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Nov, 2010, 19:09 

Thanks, Tom. I'm new to java/programming so please don't kill me if I ask a bunch of stupid questions. Let me double-check that I got this right:

Currently the custom indicator is in its own class and file. What I need to do then is to copy/paste the indicator into the strategy file and run the indicator class from there. Is this correct?

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Nov, 2010, 20:01 

User rating: 0
i think so, but i'm not the support. better wait for support answer ;-)

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Nov, 2010, 21:29 

Yeah, hopefully support will check in and set me straight if I'm way off here, but the odds are good that your interpretation is correct.

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Nov, 2010, 11:03 

User rating: 8
Cashbone, you're new to java programming but you're already creating indicators? ;) I would say that to create an indicator is much more difficult than to create a strategy.

Of course, you can use your new indicator in the strategy but you have to provide us the indicator java class as well.

Good luck!

Post subject: Re: Custom indicators allowed in strategy contest? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Nov, 2010, 12:30 

Oh I wish I could write my own indicators! :)

But this one isn't mine, it's the Fractal Lines indicator created by forumer sol that I find more convenient to use than regular fractals.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification on this issue.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com