Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Accessing information from external site like FF
 Post subject: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Sep, 2010, 15:54 

User rating: 0
Hi,

Is it allowed to access information from forexfactory.com and trade based on that?

Thanks
Arnab

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Sep, 2010, 13:00 

Anything you would like say on this question?

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 Sep, 2010, 14:42 

User rating: 8
Sounds interesting. What is the page? Does it contain any trading signals or anything like that?
However, it's not allowed. We have to see and understand how your strategy works. Therefore it must be fully described in the script.

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 Sep, 2010, 18:25 

Contest Support wrote:
Sounds interesting. What is the page? Does it contain any trading signals or anything like that?
However, it's not allowed. We have to see and understand how your strategy works. Therefore it must be fully described in the script.

I would not like to discuss the idea in forum unless it is acceptable. If there is any email address where I can send the idea, I would like to know. There won't be anything propreitery or paid information. It would be just the free information available on different website to make trading signal.

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Sep, 2010, 11:43 

You can try sending it to [email protected]

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 Sep, 2010, 16:26 

The usual reason for going to FF is the news calendar. Trying to trade the news, or more sensibly avoiding it like the plague!

Are you aware that Dukascopy have their own news calendar?

It's still against the rules though, as far as I can tell.

Jim

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Sep, 2010, 08:19 

Why don't you use our own News feed? You can even built a news trading system for the contest with it.
It's fully opened and can be easily built-in into your strategy. And I think that our calendar is much better because it provides consensus, actual and previous data.

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011, 10:54 

I tried to use the calendar events feed in my strategy and was disappointed with the quality of the feed. The anchor points of any news trading strategy would be the expected and the actual result values. In Dukascopy's feed, for most events, the expected (consensus) value is missing. Sometimes the event title changes (it seems like an obvious typo) which means, as far as strategy based trading is concerned, all historical context to previous events is lost.

Are there any plans to clean up the feed at all ?

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011, 18:56 

Hey nimpat,
this sounds interesting. Any chance you participate in the contest and publish your strategy - even if it is not yet perfect ?
Kind regards,
Schnitzel :-)

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Aug, 2011, 20:22 

Hi Schnitzel, I don't participate in the contest as of now. The main reason is that I don't have a workable strategy. Even now, my strategy does not place any orders, it just spits out the result values and the market price for related pair as the event occurs. I am hoping I could get a clean feed (and historical data) and complete the strategy.....

Post subject: Re: Accessing information from external site like FF Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011, 13:05 

I do not understand why this is a popular topic, known to the news trade good only for who guess to the news.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com