Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Only one trade allowed??
 Post subject: Only one trade allowed?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Jul, 2010, 07:04 

User rating: 0
Hello support,

is it true that only one trade is allowed for all currency pairs at the same time?? Be I'm wrong or is that fact usefull for automated trading?? Look like for me this is more usefull for manual trading. Could it be or is it a fault at your side??

Thank you very much!

Post subject: Re: Only one trade allowed?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Jul, 2010, 08:16 

User rating:
Hello,
If you use platform manually there is no limits.
There are limits for strategies. Strategy can't place more than one order at the time(in one second), if it's instrument and trade side are the same.
Quote:
is it true that only one trade is allowed for all currency pairs at the same time??
No
Quote:
Be I'm wrong or is that fact useful for automated trading??
Yes, this allows to avoid spamming. For example, there are cases, when some strategies places pending order and then immediately cancels it and do it in a loop.
Quote:
Could it be or is it a fault at your side??
No

Post subject: Re: Only one trade allowed?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010, 20:52 

Hello support,

thank you for the prompt reply. At the moment I have one open position in EUR/USD and when I try to open an position in GBP/USD I got this fault message below:

19:43:50 Your order has been rejected due to validation failure.
Open positions/ entry orders limit reached. To enable new positions/ entry orders,
respective number of existing positions/ entry orders must be merged/ closed/ canceled.

What is wrong?

Thank you very much!

Post subject: Re: Only one trade allowed?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010, 09:22 

User rating: 8
fegagdotcom wrote:
Hello support,

thank you for the prompt reply. At the moment I have one open position in EUR/USD and when I try to open an position in GBP/USD I got this fault message below:

19:43:50 Your order has been rejected due to validation failure.
Open positions/ entry orders limit reached. To enable new positions/ entry orders,
respective number of existing positions/ entry orders must be merged/ closed/ canceled.

What is wrong?

Thank you very much!

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions is 1. Any further requests to open a new position will be rejected by the platform.

Please read the contest rules of July.

Post subject: Re: Only one trade allowed?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010, 14:05 

Hello support,

thank you for your reply.

That is the point. Do you think it is useful to have only one open position for an automated strategy??

Sorry, but that is not my understanding of how machines can successfully work! That is the way of how humans work.

The big advantage of an automated strategy compared to manuel trading is to manage a large amount of positions in a successful way. IMHO speed and the overview over all positions to every time are key components for an automated strategy.

Thank you!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com