Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Copyright claim
 Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sun 05 May, 2013, 08:46 

User rating: 2
Hi folks,
I would just put in here my thoughts about this matter because I consider it very important!!
I'm 'new' to the contest because I'm a java beginner despite a great help by a great teacher (...), but really there are 3 things that should be quite clear to everybody:

1. One thing is download a strategy to understand how the participant managed with a situation or the other. ANother thing is change SL&TP and put that strategy in the contest. Quite ridicoulus, and also big shame on that kind of action!! The contest is for strategies, not for the best copier!!!!!

2. SL&TP by my side could even not exist. Doesn't matter. Basically one can set rules to close a position in many different ways than a simple order. I also in the past was for the SL-TP thing R/R etc... then I grew up and learned more aspects regarding automated strategies.........................

3. IMO "less than 90% of copied content", basically means that one uses a similiar idea with some copied content but overall the strategy is different. If 100lines of code means that 10 lines has to be different, math is not an opinion! So changing TP-SL-TF is not 10 different lines out of 100. And contestants not respecting these rules should be disqualified! Else in few months we see everybody with the same strategy running. So then? Who's the winner? :o

Thank you and wish you all the best :)

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 10:10 

User rating: 8
DFC Members and Support Team,

I have received one mail saying following message by one of DFC Member:

From above message, I want to ask you following:

1. did I ever asked any member to support me in contest??
    2. What is wrong, if I submitted copyright claim for any of contest?
    3. I could inform contest support earlier, when I had received first mail for support, but still I was silent, and did there I make mistake?

Please tell me, what is wrong from my side?

Regards,
Santosh

Attachments:
File comment: Message from one of contestant
New Bitmap Image.gif [11.15 KiB]
Downloaded 816 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 17:29 

User rating: 3
@Drishti
Hi Drishti
First of all I want to ask who was that person who mailed you that kinda rubbish nonsense.
and for others
Drishti is one good competitor we have and he is here always for you help without asking anything for it.
I have been here since a year and I have not even received or being asked even once for supporting him.
I hope most of the fellow trader will agree with me.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 18:32 

User rating: 3
pawansansanwal wrote:
@Drishti
Hi Drishti
First of all I want to ask who was that person who mailed you that kinda rubbish nonsense.
and for others
Drishti is one good competitor we have and he is here always for you help without asking anything for it.
I have been here since a year and I have not even received or being asked even once for supporting him.
I hope most of the fellow trader will agree with me.

I can also vouch for Drishti, he is one of those person who is not reluctant to help other contestants related to strategy problem. I always found his comments helpful on how to improve my strategy performance.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 12 May, 2013, 23:43 

User rating: 2
@Drishti:

Pay no attention to the message of that contestant. It is a person who does not like to follow the rules. He does not like to follow the rules regarding copyright and neither the rules of popularity, since he openly asks to vote for him. You denounced violations to the copyright rule in March, when you did not have a personal interest in doing so. This shows that their intention is not to hurt anybody, but to contribute to this competition be more fair for everyone involved and for those who wish to participate on the future.

Best Regards.

Post subject: Re: Copyright claim Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jun, 2013, 17:41 

User rating: 0
It is interesting that Drishti disappeared from the official list of wins in April. It should take first place but the result was erased ... :shock:

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com