Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Maximum number of opened positions
 Post subject: Maximum number of opened positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 15 Jun, 2013, 19:48 

User rating: 0
Hello FX community,

I was reading the strategy contest rules but i don't understand if the one at 6.b (The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions is 1. Any further requests to open a new position will be rejected by the platform.) is per instrument or per account.

Does anybody knows this? i can't afford to create a multi instrument strategy that won't work because of this limitation.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Maximum number of opened positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 16 Jun, 2013, 23:37 

User rating: 3
You CAN use multi instrument strategy, the rule just say that you can only open 1 position.
There are several contestant using multi instrument, check that.

Ie:
1. open EUR/USD
2. close EUR/USD (close before opening new one)
3. open USD/JPY
4. close USD/JPY (close before opening new one)
5. etc....

Only 1 opened position at a time.

Post subject: Re: Maximum number of opened positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013, 17:19 

Guyz what about pending orders? May I submit 2 orders considering that as soon as one of them is opened, another one will be canceled?

Post subject: Re: Maximum number of opened positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013, 20:44 

User rating: 11
BoneTrader wrote:
Guyz what about pending orders? May I submit 2 orders considering that as soon as one of them is opened, another one will be canceled?

The 2 orders are considered Opened orders and you can only Open one order.
I my opinion, I don't think it's allowed.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Maximum number of opened positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Jun, 2013, 19:24 

Heruar wrote:
BoneTrader wrote:

The 2 orders are considered Opened orders and you can only Open one order.
I my opinion, I don't think it's allowed.

Cheers

Yes, you're definitely right, thanks for your answer!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com