Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Contest Strategy not taking trades
 Post subject: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 May, 2013, 14:30 

User rating: 2
To Strategy Contest Support,

My Dukascopy profile name is B_Positive. I have taken part in this month's strategy contest.The strategy I have uploaded is running but it is not taking up any trades. I tried to run the strategy in another demo account and it is working fine there and taking trades but it is not taking any trade in the contest account. Could you please tell me the reason? And what I should do?

Regards,

B_Positive.

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 May, 2013, 19:55 

User rating: 11
B_Positive wrote:
To Strategy Contest Support,

My Dukascopy profile name is B_Positive. I have taken part in this month's strategy contest.The strategy I have uploaded is running but it is not taking up any trades. I tried to run the strategy in another demo account and it is working fine there and taking trades but it is not taking any trade in the contest account. Could you please tell me the reason? And what I should do?

Regards,

B_Positive.

Hi ,

Didn't see anything wrong in your strategy at a first glance, but you do have a Four_hour period and that means your onBar method can only check 6 bars every 24 hours and if none of those bars meets the buy/sell criteria then it doesn't do anything. I suggest you wait a day or two and then see what happens. After all, it's only the first day :)
Or you could always change the period, but that would imply changing other stuff like TakeProfit and StopLoss to compensate. ;)

Good luck!

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 May, 2013, 22:50 

User rating: 0
my dont work too :(

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 May, 2013, 01:46 

To Heruar,

I changed my strategy to Ontick method instead of Onbar method and uploaded it. Now this newer version is running but it still hasn't taken up any trades so far. Sadly, I cannot upgrade the strategy anymore this month and will have to wait till the next month to participate in the contest. :(

Hopefully, I can find out why it is not taking up any trades this month though.

Anton_dang - Sorry about your strategy too, bro.

Regards,

B_Positive.

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 May, 2013, 09:52 

User rating: 0
Can anybody help me with my strategy pls?
It is same strategy which i had last month with change of time frame and TP,SL.
On demo it works but in contest not
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 May, 2013, 13:36 

B_Positive wrote:
To Heruar,

I changed my strategy to Ontick method instead of Onbar method and uploaded it. Now this newer version is running but it still hasn't taken up any trades so far. Sadly, I cannot upgrade the strategy anymore this month and will have to wait till the next month to participate in the contest. :(

Hopefully, I can find out why it is not taking up any trades this month though.

Anton_dang - Sorry about your strategy too, bro.

Regards,

B_Positive.

you can't have @configurable parameter in the strategy contest.. the starategy could be waiting for further confirmation of this. remove this and try to run

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 May, 2013, 15:41 

To Victor,

I think you are right, buddy. I'll remove the @configurable and try running the strategy again (It's my first time in the strategy contest.) Thanks for the help. :)

Regards,

B_Positive.

Post subject: Re: Contest Strategy not taking trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jun, 2013, 15:05 

User rating: 1
Hello,
My strategy stops with reason
INFO
08.06.2013 10:32:27 Stopping "jyjyv2_06" strategy at 2013-06-08 10:32:27.518 GMT on the remote server
INFO
08.06.2013 10:32:27 Strategy is terminated by Failed to connect because of authorization failure, most likely strategy is already stopped
INFO
08.06.2013 10:32:26 Strategy is terminated by Failed to connect because of authorization failure, most likely strategy is already stopped
INFO
08.06.2013 10:32:17 Strategy is terminated by Max overload period exceeded : 60 seconds

I restart it
INFO
09.06.2013 21:03:10 Strategy "jyjyv2_06" Strategy ID: is started at 2013-06-09 21:03:10.750 GMT on the remote server with no parameters

Now, the strategy is running but does not do anything,
My strategy would run correctly last week in the contest.
Please fix it
Thank you!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com