Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Margin call during the week end.
 Post subject: Margin call during the week end. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Feb, 2011, 11:31 

User rating: 0
Dear support,

I have had a margin call last Friday on my strategy, I suppose because the leverage went from 1:100 to 1:30.
I have read in the rules that if I get a margin call because my leverage goes above 200 I could be disqualified.

Is there a risk that this margin call last Friday disqualified my strategy?

best regards
Crito

Post subject: Re: Margin call during the week end. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Feb, 2011, 14:48 

User rating: 8
The system cuts the leverage only on Fridays. So, it means you got a normal Margin Call and your strategy will be disqualified at the end of the month. Unfortunately, your strategy was too aggressive.

Post subject: Re: Margin call during the week end. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 31 May, 2011, 19:20 

dear support,
what is the method to be included in my strategy to close all positions in a specific time?

thanks

Post subject: Re: Margin call during the week end. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 Jun, 2011, 09:20 

User rating: 3
Hi Hendrix,

you could try something like:
                                Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
                                cal.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
                                cal.setTime(new Date());
                                if (cal.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_WEEK) == Calendar.FRIDAY && cal.get(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY) >= 16)
                                {
                                   //loop through orders in subscribed instruments to close open trades.
                                }

Best, RR.

Post subject: Re: Margin call during the week end. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Jun, 2011, 22:41 

many thanks RoadRunner

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com