Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Historical EURUSD Data from 1972
 Post subject: Historical EURUSD Data from 1972 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2022, 06:58 

User rating: 0
Dear Forum and Support,

in previous years the EURUSD charts have shown data starting in 1972. I guess that the data before the introduction of the EUR has been calculated by using Deutsche Mark and/or other currency data and converted into EUR.

Since one year the charts are showing EURUSD data only since 2003.

Is the data before 2003 not available anymore at all or is there a trick how I get this data displayed again on my charts?

Thank you and best regards

MK

Post subject: Re: Historical EURUSD Data from 1972 Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2022, 18:36 
JForex Master

User rating:
This is a common issue our clients face.

The answer is simple: we have the daily history in major Forex instruments starting from 1972 based on GMT time in our database. Because the Day Start time setting is EET in Preferences, we calculate the days from hourly data, which starts from year 2003 in our database. Switch it to GMT and you will see more data.

The drawback of the data in GMT zone is the Sunday market hours. They appear as the Forex market starts at 21:00 GMT on Sunday and ends at 23:59:59 on Friday. Only one time zone results in 5 neat 24 hour Forex market candles each week. And that is EET, which is set by default in our platform.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com