Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Chart loading is way too slow
 Post subject: Chart loading is way too slow Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 13 Feb, 2022, 15:59 

User rating: 0
I tried the new JFOREX4, like it very much, BUT, the big problem for JFOREX3 is still there: chart reloading is very, very slow, whenever you change timeframe or instrument, the chart loading takes long long time. This is a serious problem, why this problem? I don't understand. Compare to MT4, reloading chart is really fast, MT4 has locally saved history data folder, probably that's why it's fast reloading. Could JFOREX4 has the same choice, at least let user to have the choice to save locally the history data?

Post subject: Re: Chart loading is way too slow Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Feb, 2022, 14:22 

User rating: 18
Jforex3 also "has locally saved history data folder" (i'm pretty much sure same is applicable to Jforex4), but ... it does not help for some unknown reason - more details [here]

Post subject: Re: Chart loading is way too slow Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Feb, 2022, 16:31 

User rating: 0
I could not find such history data folder for Jforex3 or 4.

I guess, only guess, it is the logic behind the data processing. For example, MT4 has a history file for each timeframe saved locally, it loads the chart very fast, in contrast, MT5 also save history data, but for each timeframe, it needs to calculate the data, the result is MT5 is slower than MT4 in terms of chart loading (my impression, I don't use MT5, NOT sure). Jforex is probably use the same logic as MT5, it downloads data and calculate it each time when chart needs to refresh. Another reason may be JAVA platform related. The android version of Jforex is even worse, practically not usable, you need to wait for years to see the chart show up.

I also noticed that the template or workspace files are not compatible between Jforex3 and 4, that's a surprise. Besides, I don't understand why it's necessary to change icons or location of some buttons, that only cause confusion.

Post subject: Re: Chart loading is way too slow Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2022, 21:39 
JForex Master

User rating:
Let's compare the historical price feed of the MT4, MT5 and JForex.

What is the minimal period in chart you can find in MT4 or MT5? 1 minute. What is it in JForex? Each and every price move - all ticks.
Does the MT4 or MT5 show the historical Ask prices? No. Does JForex show them? Oh, yes!
How many periods can you find in MT4? 9. How many in MT5? 21? How many in JForex? Few hundreds including price based periods.

JForex downloads and saves locally only 4 periods: Ticks, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day. The rest are calculated from these 4.
Yes, the size of the data is much higher in JForex. However, with a fast SSD (data is stored in cache) and a fast connection, the results are very decent.

The all tick data is crucial when we talk about strategy testing. I haven't checked the MT testing for some time, but when I did it few years ago, the ask prices were constructed by adding fixed amount of points to the bid prices. And guess where the users find an appropriate historical price data, when they want to test their EAs in MT? They come and download it at Dukascopy!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com